Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Secret Origin of Skeletor Mini Comic Thread - Spoilers

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    Sincerely, can you please stop crow-barring your characters into every single aspect of MotU? I know you are the brand manager, but it really is embarassing how you keep putting "yourself" into the stories in an attempt be woven into the MotU mythos. I have never known another person do this as you do. Please stop.
    You don't see any other brand managers invent characters multiple times over and then go on to place them in the timelines and furthermore, make important changes based on ego alone. You have Lt Spector and regular Spector. ONE FIGURE IS ENOUGH! Two is just pure vanity. The bios and now the comic hijack is just too much. Take a step back, be happy to have a background character. Don't put other characters down just to make yours look good. It reflects so badly on your position. It reminds me of Cartman's Ninja superhero from that South Park episode when he had to have every super power just so he could beat everyone else.
    And sorry, but taking established ideas, characters and events written by others and putting them in a comic does not mean you wrote it, Scott.
    Please stop with the self glorification. It genuinely ruins my enjoyment of the franchise. I don't want to follow the Neitlich show. I want He Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Sincerely.
    ...MORE CIRCUS MUSIC!!! AND A DANCING ZEBRA!!!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    who's the old guy say "Where am I"?
    I took that as Miro.

I would like to know where everyone got the name Skeleteen. I read the comic twice and still haven't seen it. I do find it interesting that TMS has the baby though. And it was cool seeing Songster. (I really really want a figure of him!) I like seeing the young Adam, Teela, and Clamp Champ too.

Heroic Warrior
    Songster is in the royal palace telling the children the origin of Skeletor. The children look like young tiny versions of Teela, Clamp Champ, Adam, Whiplash and a few others if it's really them.... Does that mean Clamp Champ real name is Raenius?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kunle View Post
    Songster is in the royal palace telling the children the origin of Skeletor. The children look like young tiny versions of Teela, Clamp Champ, Adam, Whiplash and a few others if it's really them.... Does that mean Clamp Champ real name is Raenius?
    That is what I assumed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I would like to know where everyone got the name Skeleteen. I read the comic twice and still haven't seen it. I do find it interesting that TMS has the baby though.
    From Toyguru. He confirmed that Skeleteen is the name of Skeletor's son.

My biggest issue with this comic is the involvement of The Mighty Spector. The impression I got from the bios was that it was Evil-Lyn who sent her son to the future, but now apparently it was Spector (who works for King He-Man) who's responsible for unleashing Dare's archenemy upon Eternia. Real smooth move. I thought the Time Agents purpose was to prevent villains from messing with time travel, not to help them.

Spector is becoming WAY too important a character for my taste (especially compared to the other 30th Anniversary characters), and his Mary Sue qualities are really starting to get on my nerves.

That's what confused me too, unless Son of Skeletor isn't the arch nemesis we think he may be or some tragic story is coming again. I agree that the Spector thing is out of place as well. I'd just as well pretend that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    From Toyguru. He confirmed that Skeleteen is the name of Skeletor's son.

My biggest issue with this comic is the involvement of The Mighty Spector. The impression I got from the bios was that it was Evil-Lyn who sent her son to the future, but now apparently it was Spector (who works for King He-Man) who's responsible for unleashing Dare's archenemy upon Eternia. Real smooth move. I thought the Time Agents purpose was to prevent villains from messing with time travel, not to help them.

Spector is becoming WAY too important a character for my taste (especially compared to the other 30th Anniversary characters), and his Mary Sue qualities are really starting to get on my nerves.

Just got my shipment in today. I was so pumped to see Songster make such a prominent appearance. Scrollos and Songster 2-pack all the way!!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    So once again Spector makes an impact. Man I sure am glad that he was only going to be a minor character. Seriously it just needs to stop. Can't it just be enough that he got into the line? Does he really need to be in every era? Does he need to show up on cardbacks that make no sense for him to be on?

Ok...mini comic related. Since profanity is filtered out all you would really see is a bunch of symbols if I gave my full review. A **** **** ****$^ ****# and ***** of **** is a brief sound bite.

You would think that something as critical as the murder/death of the Queen could have somehow been made a bit more clear? She goes to get Keldor and he kills her? Or trips and falls into her? What the heck exactly happens? I get that mini comics are small...but really that seems like it should have been explained.

So....here we are back at the Son of Skeletor (Skeleteen....really? Dare and Skeleteen....). So let me get this straight. We were told that Spector works for King He-Man, actually I recall there being a big deal about that. So Spector, and the Time Agents in general, are supposed to be working for King He-man then. Ok fine. So one day, the following conversation takes place...

King He-Man: "Man it sure was fun fighting old Bone Face...hey John, would you pop back and get Skeletor's son? I would like to see to it that he grows up all evil and stuff. Will be an awesome 18th birthday present for my son, Dare!!"

Really?

I avoided spoiler threads until I could see it for myself. This makes EVERYTHING in the DC comic look good.

Oh and the LAST thing I want to hear is "keep reading the bios" in response to any of the crap in this thing. Tolkien couldn't write us out of this mess.

I did like the bits with Hordak, and Keldor meeting with the evil warriors.
    Last edited by Barezz; March 20, 2013 at 12:01am.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    ---ALSO, Why doesn't Spector go back, save the Queen, and prevent Skeletor from ever exisiting? Why doesn't Spector go back and stop Marzo from building his army and having Miro banished in the first place? Nope. Lets go back and save Sir Laser-Lot and even better, bring Skeleteen to the future...I sure hope King He-man turns out to be insane.

CONTROLLED time travel is dumb.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    was that Keldors son that the Faceless One had a vision of?
    That better be a skull mask or helmet. I would get ****** if he has a skull head.
    and why would Spector go back to that time for the baby?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

A big fan of Slush Head
    I think I know what's going on here. The old man is a nobody, he is there just to let us know that he was being used by an outside force ( Hordak perhaps) to say that about the gars and seed the hate.

When he asks himself why he was there is just to let us know that his mind was being used and that now it was free, he did not know what was going on or what he did. That doesn't mean he is an important character. He was just there to serve that purpose.

So probably the same thing happened to Keldor, he was probably used by the same force to kill his step mother. He did not know what he was doing becasue he was under a "spell" or under the same mind control trick used with the old man.

The force ( Hordak) wanted Keldor to be exiled from Eternos to seek vengeance. That's probably why he orchestrated this whole thing. He wanted to use him to free him from Despondos and probably Hordak also knew about Keldor's bloodline connection with Grayskull.
    Last edited by Mike Bock; March 20, 2013 at 04:53am.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

The impression I got from the bios was that it was Evil-Lyn who sent her son to the future, but now apparently it was Spector (who works for King He-Man) who's responsible for unleashing Dare's archenemy upon Eternia. Real smooth move. I thought the Time Agents purpose was to prevent villains from messing with time travel, not to help them.
    I haven't read the comic yet (still in the post and probably wont arrive for a few weeks yet) so I'm not commenting to much untill I read it, but in the HR SoHM bible its still Skeletor that is HR's archenemy not Skeleteen, in fact Skeleteen is not mentioned at all. Also if Skeleteen is taken to the future then shouldn't he still be a baby during Dare's time?

Not a fan of the Skeleteen name at all though, what may have been better is after the original Skeletor had be killed, he had just taken is fathers name of Skeletor and started wearing a skull mask. Then for a while HM, HR and the Masters actually though he was the original Skeletor that had some how returned form the dead. Maybe even have the Evil Warriors think its the original Skeletor returned form the dead aswell, and have Evil Lyn secretly controlling things behind the scenes through her son.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I haven't read the comic yet (still in the post and probably wont arrive for a few weeks yet) so I'm not commenting to much untill I read it, but in the HR SoHM bible its still Skeletor that is HR's archenemy not Skeleteen, in fact Skeleteen is not mentioned at all. Also if Skeleteen is taken to the future then shouldn't he still be a baby during Dare's time?
    \

According to Scott there's a different SoHM bible with Skeleteen we've never seen.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    The one with the Dare armor, right?
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    The one with the Dare armor, right?
    Apparently.
    I, for one, would love to see the other bible, or portions of it anyway if that's all we can get. Especially if there's some art. It'd be a bit of missing history, for one. Right now, I find the whole thing a bit confusing. It seems like both Mattel and Lou Scheimer both worked on the concept of He-Ro as the son of He-man about a decade apart? I wonder if the Mattel one fed into Scheimer's proposal at all? It sounded like it was developed independently, so was it just synchronicity?

I've read the old bible before, but I re-read it recently, and it's interesting to see how it might all fit. The existence of a Mattel-based concept makes some sense—I had wondered when Dare and King He-man popped up how Mattel had access to the characters from the 96 bible in that it seemed to originate with Lou Scheimer Productions and was proposed to DIC. In the old He-man.org article on it, it didn't seem like Mattel was involved, yet. But that could be a wrong impression.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar

Ok, with that pet peeve out of the way...

Holographic Hordak was cool. I wouldn't mind a translucent red Hordak action figure after seeing that!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    It was told by Songster!
    Scrollos was telling the story of Songster Singing the story.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    It elaborates on the 200x story!
    except in 200X, Randor like Miro before him is Captain of the Council of Elders's army. In MOTUC it seams the Council and The Kingdom of Miro/Randor coexist for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Faceless One hands over the staff to allow his bloodline to continue
    Seeing a future in which a time traveling Spector changes history, you would think he would realize it is only a possible future. ALL of Skeletor's evil could have been prevented!?!? For someone who is working to atone for past crimes, this seamed counterproductive. Perhaps he should change his name to Powerless... :-D

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I forget, is this the first time Clamp Champ (if that kid is him) has been called Raenius? Also if CC is a contemporary of Adam, what the heck is he eating because he looks way older as a figure!
    duh, time travel ;-)

Wouldn't that mean that Adam & Teela know of Skeletor at least a decade before his first battle with Adam/He-Man!?!?!?

The way the kids talked about Adora's abduction, Teela's and the Sorceres' connection seamed so caviler.

Don't they know what a secret is on eternia anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I think I know what's going on here. The old man is a nobody, he is there just to let us know that he was being used by an outside force ( Hordak perhaps) to say that about the gars and seed the hate.

When he asks himself why he was there is just to let us know that his mind was being used and that now it was free, he did not know what was going on or what he did. That doesn't mean he is an important character. He was just there to serve that purpose.

So probably the same thing happened to Keldor, he was probably used by the same force to kill his step mother. He did not know what he was doing becasue he was under a "spell" or under the same mind control trick used with the old man.

The force ( Hordak) wanted Keldor to be exiled from Eternos to seek vengeance. That's probably why he orchestrated this whole thing. He wanted to use him to free him from Despondos and probably Hordak also knew about Keldor's bloodline connection with Grayskull.

"My brother...I...turned and...it was...an accident." Keldor bereaved while clutching his dead step-mother's hand.
    If some force compelled him, why not just say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    bum bud uh bum

The Unnamed One!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Was Keldor set-up or did he really kill the queen? It seems like there's a good murder mystery there
    Agreed. I kind of like the idea that Keldor didn't kill his step mother. I wonder if she accepted him and he loved her or not? I wonder if this could be true for the original vintage era when all we knew was that Keldor studied magic and was lost in space/time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    i know it would have cost some money, but i wish they would have hired a writer that has been involved with the property before...like, paul dini, larry ditillio, or j. michael straczynski. i don't mind fan-editing the continuity we've been given, but obviously it would be awesome if there was just one mythic, non-convoluted storyline that all fans could celebrate and embrace- "yep, that's the story of MOTU!
    Amen. Joe fans have larry Hamma, I say we demand Larry Ditillio! he would probably be less expensive then JmS and Paul Dini. He would more likely know more about the franchise as a whole considering he has worked on multiple eras and co-created She-Ra.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; March 20, 2013 at 01:56pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I enjoyed it for what it was.

On the Spector account, I really dont mind him. Maybe he caught Evil-Lyn in the act of opening the Central Tower Portal and felt sorry for her and/or the child.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Scott's Ego Strokin' like Clarence Carter.

0 reason for him to be in the comic. Totally forced. This was probably just like the gaurd head situation, "Hey, uh, you see that portal? Could I be coming out of it?"

We get it. You like your ideas & want to see them in reality, but the reality is it just comes off as sad. You do/have done/continue to do great things & I truly appreciate it. Let that be your legacy, don't be remembered as an attention starved compulsive shoe horner. Take a hint.... Spector...not well recieved.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I know people don't like Spector and the knee-jerk reaction is to dislike his inclusion, but I would offer that his presence does solve one problem here. It doesn't seem like time travel in MOTUC is a good idea to be something that everyone can do easily. So I'm glad that Evil-Lynn just can't zip her baby to the future by herself.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I know people don't like Spector and the knee-jerk reaction is to dislike his inclusion, but I would offer that his presence does solve one problem here. It doesn't seem like time travel in MOTUC is a good idea to be something that everyone can do easily. So I'm glad that Evil-Lynn just can't zip her baby to the future by herself.
    I actually am the last post in the Spector discussion thread, and you might be shocked at what I say compared to my above post. It's not so much as it's Spector, it's that he is there just to be there. That is my problem. It really comes off as the fat kid in the neighborhood, who just has to have his way weather we like it or not.

This being in every era is really whack. He's already forced himself into POG, current & SOH. Hell when does Etheria need saving again? I'm sure he'll pop in there too. This is his what second mini comic appearance & was referenced by Skeletor in another? Boo.

Spector & the Agents of the Universe premiers Fall 2015 on Cartoon Network.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kunle View Post
    How can it be, since they would all be adults when Skeletor is around?

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    ON THE TOPIC OF SKELETEEN
    It would be funny if Skeleteen is the good guy and the self proclaimed "He-Ro" son of He-man is the bad guy....

Anyone notice that the Gar Star cruiser on (Or would that be in?) the Subternia map looks similar in design to Skeleteen's armada?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    HOLY CRAP Skeletor's son is friggin' METAL! Forget Skeleteen, I'm callin' him SKELEDETH. Man I hope they have room for that guy in the line before it ends. He'll be the first figure that will have a guitar with him at all times - by default, even.
    2-Pack with Songster

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Son Of Skeletor- yellow and blue make green
    That would make sense for his skin, but Evil-Lyn had white hair and Keldor Black...That would make Skeleteen's hair gray

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    a daughter instead. I think the dynamic of having a daughter so twisted and evil would've rocked some foundations and opened the door for many more angles, just my thought.
    Perhaps Skeletina? It would be a NEW angle, one should not able to happen between She-Ra & Hordak or He-Man and Skeletor. (Damn you internet...things cannot be unseen!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    i've been saying this for a while! why does it always have to be sons in these things?
    Because corporations that make and sale action figures are set in out dated sexist modes of thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    True, and it is a good point but he didn't HAVE to use TMS...Could have sent the kid through time any number of ways
    Stolen Cosmic Key,
    Reconstructed Infinity Wheel.
    Walking a foot in any direction in the Sands of time...

Wow, Eternia does kind of need a time cop

Wait until we get to the Time Wars

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    I hope this is only a nickname and not his real name!
    I can't say who, but I have it on good authority that Skeleteen's real name will be "a series of sounds produced by the collective rolling of the fan bases' eyes". Don't tell anyone because its a secret
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; March 20, 2013 at 02:03pm.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    EDIT: Nah, having gone to the toilet and thought about, I hate this post - I sound like a dad stopping an argument and that wasn't the point, nor the point of forums which are kind of made for debating.

My 'Outsiders' advice to Toyguru is still sound though:

If something is poorly received - drop it, or tone it down, I'm aware your hands are partially tied on many things but please, take that advice as much as you can. There are people who like Spector yes, there are people who are indifferent to Spector (like me, "he exists so use him when sensible" is my view) but either the majority or the vocal minority (though it genuinely does seem like the former) have responded negatively to him and either way those people sway the fanbase, they affect the line's sales and it's reputation. Tone done on the Mighty Spector - it can only benefit you now mate, trust me.

As was this:

They're probably not going to import Skeleteen wholesale as a rad late 80's/early 90's character - let's give 'em a bit of the benefit of the doubt here. I know they keep doing things to erode the benefit of the doubt but so far they've been pretty good with combining and 'upgrading' with the bios.

The rest was cack, sorry all.
    Last edited by dwitefry; March 20, 2013 at 08:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm liking everything except Faceless One handing over the Havoc Staff. Keldor and Evil Lyn should defeat the Faceless One and take the staff. Faceless One lets it go because he still has the most powerful weapon hidden safely away: the Ram Stone.

Are we clear for full spoiler on this book yet, cause I read this and dissected a lot I would like to put out there....

For the limited amount of real estate the book had, it did an OK job.

And since I can't contain myself my one question would be: HOW the hell did Songster know that Hordak merged Keldor and Demo-Man together? Kinda seems like something only Hordak himself.....

I'll have more to follow but I'd like to know if we are green lit yet to dissect this issue...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....