Thread: Trouble at Sony Pictures?

Trouble at Sony Pictures?

Just read this today:

Then I decided to look up more info here:

And why:

I didn't think Sony Pictures was getting hit so hard. (Maybe that's why John Chu will be "playing" around for awhile before starting production.)
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Yeah, I've read these. I don't really think we should get that worried just yet. But yeah, the Sony Corporation is putting a tighter leash on the film studio. I think, as of 2014, they will be making something like two less films a year. Obviously it’s easy now to say that MOTU will be the first to get the bullet, but that's not a fact. They've had it for a loooong time and have only just hired a director and new writer, so by all accounts they still intend to make it. But yeah, there's a bit of a nervous waiting period now.

Anyway, I don’t think we should get too concerned just yet. The LA Times article says that Sony is still prepared to spend big on summer blockbusters. Also, the studio has just posted its biggest ever year in the international market (over 2 billion). Plus, the new Bond film is already making an absolute killing overseas (I've seen it, and its a good film). So it’s not all doom and gloom. Hopefully they’ll see MOTU as being the kind of film that can make them plenty of money. I hope.
    Last edited by Krueger; November 5, 2012 at 01:17pm.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Lets hope Sony sells the Spider-man movie rights to Disney so we can have Spidey in The Avengers 2.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Lets hope Sony sells the Spider-man movie rights to Disney so we can have Spidey in The Avengers 2.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to happen. They've just announced that Jamie Foxx will be playing Electro in the sequel due in 2014.

Snappy Threader
    Too bad Marvel sold it off years back......

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Spiderman could be a very rich story, about prevention and responce, unlike any other superhero..

..but not in hollywood's hands.

Hollywood needs to start thinking on how to make the best movies ever; story, character, music, etc.

I think movie productions have been doing the job of learning 'how' to make movies for a long time now and they could try making one sometime soon.