Thread: How do you want your favrite MOTU character protrayed in a live action movie?

Hybrid View

How do you want your favrite MOTU character protrayed in a live action movie?

I know there have been a thousand 'who should be cast' threads, but I would like to focus on just our favorite characters. Lets say you had control over who played your fav character, what they would look like, and how they would be portrayed.

My fav has always been Beast Man. I love all the incarnations the character has had except the 1987 movie version. Visually I would like him to look more like the MYP version. A little bigger than the average person, darker colors, more bestial, and for the love of god no boots. I have always hated seeing beast/monster characters wearing shoes of some kind. He needs to look like he would be ready to bound through the forest at any moment with ease. As for the actor, I would like to see Kevin Grevioux or Tylor Mane take the role. Kevins build and voice would be perfect, but Tylor is a bit taller. Both guys would be great visually, but they are both good actors as well. As far as his character goes, he should be kind of quiet and brooding, and not as incompetent as he was in both cartoon series. I like the idea from the 'Icons of Evil' comic book series that BM was more or less forced into serving Skeletor, and now resents him for that. Well, thats my take on my fav character, whats yours?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    ooo, I could deal with that! Kind of a cool choice actually!

Ild like to see moss man portrayed in the lines of swamp thing visually. I think it would be amazing. I also think Tom Selleck would make an Awesome Man At Arms as King Tycho has shown us!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Widget
    I want to see he-man portrayed as a barbarian looking muscled up guy, not some little guy but a well balanced bodybuilder that can act.. But i want to see him do things that the strongest man in the universe can only do like movie mountains and punch threw stone and metal wall's and pick up castles and really i want to see the awsome transformation from adam to he-man kinda like the 80's cartoon with alot of realistic lighthing and them also so him grow in size like they did in the 2002 series of he-man that would also be awsome

Attachment 78307
    Jessica Biel as Teela.

I think Jessica Biel would be a great Teela but it depends on how old they want to make Adam, because they should be around the same age.

Widget
    I second your idea...

I don’t mind cosmetic changes here and there. For example, I know it’s unlikely that Trap-Jaw will have blue skin and a red helmet. I’ve always welcomed new takes on established characters for other franchises, so MOTU would be no different. However, I would still want each character to be recognisable. For example, I want to see Man At Arms and know its Man At Arms. His armour is so iconic and genuinely a great piece of design. So, with all characters, but especially the main few, I hope cues are utilised from their original designs. Saying that, the film's designers should also be allowed to flex their own muscles.

I want Beastman to look a hell of a lot better than Sabertooth from the first X-Men movie. I want Beastman to be inhuman and “beastly”. If CGI needs to be employed, then so be it. I don’t want a big man in hairy makeup with fake pointy teeth. Horrible look. To this day I still think Sabertooth looks atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by brianknott View Post
    Attachment 78307
    Jessica Biel as Teela.
    I've championed this idea since Blade 3
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Please please please put Orko in this. The movie can be serious, but put Orko in there for comedic balance. It worked with Star Wars (Threepio, Artoo, and Chewbacca) and Lord of the Rings (the hobbits and Gimli).