Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you want your favrite MOTU character protrayed in a live action movie?

How do you want your favrite MOTU character protrayed in a live action movie?

I know there have been a thousand 'who should be cast' threads, but I would like to focus on just our favorite characters. Lets say you had control over who played your fav character, what they would look like, and how they would be portrayed.

My fav has always been Beast Man. I love all the incarnations the character has had except the 1987 movie version. Visually I would like him to look more like the MYP version. A little bigger than the average person, darker colors, more bestial, and for the love of god no boots. I have always hated seeing beast/monster characters wearing shoes of some kind. He needs to look like he would be ready to bound through the forest at any moment with ease. As for the actor, I would like to see Kevin Grevioux or Tylor Mane take the role. Kevins build and voice would be perfect, but Tylor is a bit taller. Both guys would be great visually, but they are both good actors as well. As far as his character goes, he should be kind of quiet and brooding, and not as incompetent as he was in both cartoon series. I like the idea from the 'Icons of Evil' comic book series that BM was more or less forced into serving Skeletor, and now resents him for that. Well, thats my take on my fav character, whats yours?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    ooo, I could deal with that! Kind of a cool choice actually!

Ild like to see moss man portrayed in the lines of swamp thing visually. I think it would be amazing. I also think Tom Selleck would make an Awesome Man At Arms as King Tycho has shown us!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Widget
    I want to see he-man portrayed as a barbarian looking muscled up guy, not some little guy but a well balanced bodybuilder that can act.. But i want to see him do things that the strongest man in the universe can only do like movie mountains and punch threw stone and metal wall's and pick up castles and really i want to see the awsome transformation from adam to he-man kinda like the 80's cartoon with alot of realistic lighthing and them also so him grow in size like they did in the 2002 series of he-man that would also be awsome

Attachment 78307
    Jessica Biel as Teela.

I think Jessica Biel would be a great Teela but it depends on how old they want to make Adam, because they should be around the same age.

Widget
    I second your idea...

I donít mind cosmetic changes here and there. For example, I know itís unlikely that Trap-Jaw will have blue skin and a red helmet. Iíve always welcomed new takes on established characters for other franchises, so MOTU would be no different. However, I would still want each character to be recognisable. For example, I want to see Man At Arms and know its Man At Arms. His armour is so iconic and genuinely a great piece of design. So, with all characters, but especially the main few, I hope cues are utilised from their original designs. Saying that, the film's designers should also be allowed to flex their own muscles.

I want Beastman to look a hell of a lot better than Sabertooth from the first X-Men movie. I want Beastman to be inhuman and ďbeastlyĒ. If CGI needs to be employed, then so be it. I donít want a big man in hairy makeup with fake pointy teeth. Horrible look. To this day I still think Sabertooth looks atrocious.

I agree 100%. I only used that pic as a reference. I think Beastman could definitely be created by a man in a suit, but I would rather him be cg than for his look to suffer because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastman83 View Post
    I agree 100%. I only used that pic as a reference. I think Beastman could definitely be created by a man in a suit, but I would rather him be cg than for his look to suffer because of it.
    Definitely. A man in suit could look good, but likely compromises in the overall design would have to be made. With CGI and motion capture that won't be a problem.

Dolph Lungren as King Randor. If they decided to do a King Grayskull cameo then I would rather see that.

Skeletor's skull-face MUST be CGI and not a mask. I know that the technology didn't exist back in 1987, but that was the number one thing that bothered me about the 87 film: that Skeletor's skull-face looked so fake.

That said, I did like the long, black hood and cloak of the 1987 movie Skeletor.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    ..it could be a mask, but not that egg-pudding they used in '87.

Also I would like to see his face become a skull, due to his missuse of his own magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    ..it could be a mask, but not that egg-pudding they used in '87.

Also I would like to see his face become a skull, due to his missuse of his own magic.
    I agree. I want to see Keldor before Skeletor.

Here's some movie concept art done by Mattel for when the rights were at WB. Some look incredibly faithful (Man At Arms, Ram-Man, Sorceress, Teela, Beastman) and some not so much:

9d15ff3d872f290c877afaf8696da1d3sdcc53.jpg

6f0b4c3cc9a9445c27fdba71d8ad3aadsdcc54.jpg

a817a87dd1ff69b3a3fed86e13ef16a2sdcc57.jpg

320cc6797f3af7525a69d76ef0440e8dsdcc56.jpg

373707b7c14dfba0a37f36f32ab009e6sdcc55.jpg

Widget
    The he-man concept sucks, I like ram-man and teela, man at arms no so much and then he-man no no no no no that would make the show just suck. If your going to make a he-man movie he has to have the barbarian look there is no other look that would work period. And the skeletor design sucked as well

Honestly, other than Teela and the Sourceress, I dont like any of those designs. I realize that when/if a new live action movie gets made the characters arent going to look exactly like their classic designs, but they could look a lot closer than that.

I think Man At Arms is good. If he looked like that I’d be satisfied. As I said earlier, his armour is the most iconic thing about him, and they’ve kept that pretty much intact. Beastman is okay, from the neck down. I don’t like his face, though. Don’t like Trap-Jaw or Spikor, either. I think Ram-Man is the best of the bunch.

Regarding He-Man. I’ve pretty much conceded the fact that he’s probably going to be armoured to an extent. If I had to choose I would go for the one depicted in the first image, in the top right corner. It’s got a Snake-Armour look to it that I quite like. I must confess, though, I do like the golden armoured design of him in the third image.

..All of those sucked, ,,I nearly threw up.

(those look like something a punk would glue to his skateboard,, before he wipes out and crunches his nuts on a pole)

I think the 200x design of Man-at-Arms would be the perfect version for a live-action movie.

I think Karl Urban would make a good Tri-Klops. The visor wouldn't hamper his performance, as it doesn't in the new Dredd movie where only the lower part of his face is visible. His jawline is also very defined which fits the characters rugged appearance. What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Joker CK; August 30, 2012 at 07:48pm.

Ah ..'Dredd' another Allience pictures movie ,,like 'Conan' and 'Three Musketeers'.

It should be an amazing waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker CK View Post
    I think Karl Urban would make a good Tri-Klops. The visor wouldn't hamper his performance, as it doesn't in the new Dredd movie where only the lower part of his face is visible. His jawline is also very defined which fits the characters rugged appearance. What do you guys think?
    I agree, but I doubt Urban would do such a similar character. But that is the look they should definitely go for Tri-Klops. Good call.

I would see Two Bad...but I don't know any actor with 2 heads...