Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Big do you want the MOTUC's 2014 line to be?

How Big do you want the MOTUC's 2014 line to be?

(Mods I ran this by Dorrmann first and he ok'd the link and me starting this thread)

Fellow org members there is a petition type vote poll going on over in the Ask Matty forum. The thread was started by Catra's Wrath. Basicly this info will be sent to Management at Mattel so that they can see just what the fan interest is for MOTUC's toy line in 2014. This is our chance to let Mattel know how big we want 2014 to be so please take a moment to look it over and cast your votes.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/2421003077

Snappy Threader
    I want as many as we can get, so I want big!!!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm kind of surprised how many people want this scaled back to only 12 figures per year. I fully understand not wanting too many highly priced oversized items, but considering how many fairly major characters there still are to get to, I would think that more people would be voting for the 16 or 18 figures per year option. One extra figure at $25 every 2 or 3 months isn't that bad IMO, and it helps save on shipping per-figure.

Even if it gets scaled back to just 12 figures, I wouldn't mind it if we got 2 figures every other month rather than 1 figure per month. I know that the shipping options and destinations (particularly for international fans) vary, but for anyone in the continental US who is using the most basic shipping method, the shipping charge for 2 figures is just slightly (we're talking maybe a buck or so, if even that much) higher than the cost of shipping 1 figure. Since the shipping for 1 or 2 figures is roughly in the 10 dollar range, shipping 2 figures together instead of individually would effectively eliminate the price increase on the figures, themselves (since it would be one shipping charge at roughly $10 instead of two separate shipping charges at roughly the same price).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

16 figures minimum. Hopefully no 3 packs. I would be ok with no 2 packs as well. I would still like to see more product outside the subs as well. (Vehicles, weapons, dioramas, and mulitpacks). That's my 2 cents worth
    Bring on the Snake Armor!

I think 12 would work the best for people, as people already want tired subs so they don't have to buy multipacks / beast / vehicles / etc...

Personally I'd love the 18 figures a year, but I think it'd be a tough sell to quite a few people
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior
    The poll has a bad question.

"Question:
    The standard SDCC exclusive is one item per year. However one year there was two since Robot Chicken funded the Mo-larr figure. Do you still want just one SDCC exclusive? or would you want:"

In the choices that follow the question, there is no option for "Just one exclusive." That would be my choice.

I good poll, though. It makes me worry that 2014 really is the end of the lien.

I will figure out my Matty login information and then vote for 12 figures a year. Making the sub too big prices out a lot of the more casual fans.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Wow, I'm glad they're doing something liket this. I wish they would have a long time ago, but better late than never.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Normally I'd want 12 figures per year as it gets too heavy on the pocket book. With 2014 I want as many figures as possible to finish out the collection. I DO NOT trust mattel to keep this line going anything past 2014.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

I want 2014 to be at LEAST 16 figure slots.
    12 monthly, and 4 quarterly (2 quarterly slots done at $30 to accomodate Ram Man-style figures that require a lot of tooling, and 2 quarterly slots done at $50 each which would be two-packs of stuff like Glimmer & Angella, Scorpia & Octavia, NA He-Man Vs. NA Skeletor... that sort of thing).
    Anything less and, well, I'd be disappointed.

No offense meant, but IMO, that isn't a very useful poll. It's too specific about things that are either not on the table or already planned, and omits or clumsily phrases more useful questions and options. Needs to be more streamlined and to the point.

As long as we get PoP, NA AND Filmation characters with Vintage MOTU, I don't care if it's 12 monthly figures or 6...12 would be preferable and great, but honestly with everything else I collect, I probably wouldn't notice if it were a new figure every other month instead, it would just take a little longer to get everybody. But I don't think it matters what we want in 2014 at this point, it's out of our hands and likely not going to be known what the plan is for 2014 for some time.

i think the 5 dollar figure increase really kills the idea of doing three packs...
    i was ok with the star sisters at 60 bucks.. but the foe men while i love is tough at 75..PLUS a monthly at 25 plus tax and shipping make for an expensive one time pay out...
    i be ok with 24 figures at 2 a month tops
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

12 MONTHLY FIGURES
    1 SUBSCRIPTION EXCLUSIVE
    1 MAP/POSTER
    4 BEAST/MULTIPACKS (Cheaper than $50)
    1 Vehicle (Pre-Order...not part of the subscription)
    1 Weapons Pak (not part of the subscription)
    1 Diorama (not part of the subscription)

I also don't want any variants. There are too many figures to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    i think the 5 dollar figure increase really kills the idea of doing three packs...
    i was ok with the star sisters at 60 bucks.. but the foe men while i love is tough at 75..PLUS a monthly at 25 plus tax and shipping make for an expensive one time pay out...
    i be ok with 24 figures at 2 a month tops
    Oh yeah, Matty has clearly learned it's lesson from expensive multi-packs, we won't be seeing anymore of that (debate character selection all you want ppl, it's the quantity of SKUs left in the warehouse that tells the tale for Matty at the end of the day). They're much more likely to move, say, monthly slots of Rock Warriors, than an expensive 3-pack one month. Which was basically confirmed by Scott in an informal Q&A on the site yesterday.

12 items and a sub free .
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Ideally, I would like 12 figures and 4 two-packs, plus a sub-exclusive figure, traveling con figure, and sdcc figure. That would help fulfill the proposal that ToyGuru gave to try and finish out all vintage, core NA and POP and Filmation characters.

Realistically, I would like to have at least a 12 figure year.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    As long as we get Modulok, Saurod, Tung Lashor and Extendar I'm fine with whatever is released.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Some of those choices surprise me. While I understand that people have budgets on what they can afford in the sub, 12 figures a year is pushing it, and if 2014 ends up being the last full year the more the better.

I like the question about 2 packs, I really think that they will be a way to get characters out. I also like the bit about day of sales items, those would help a lot too.

*Edit* Whoops misread the poll...lack of sleep and coffee getting the bets of me! Go Crita!!!
    Last edited by Barezz; August 9, 2012 at 04:02pm.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

One MAJOR caveat to Mattel with regard to the first question:

If the first option in that poll (12 figures) ends up having the highest percentage, please, please, PLEASE! don't just automatically declare that to be the winning choice. The first option should have to exceed the combined total of Options 2 and 3 (16 and 18 figures, respectively) to win. As of right now MORE people want over 12 figures.

This should be common sense, but thought I'd throw it out there... just in case

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    12 figures and a sub exclusive. A figure a month is managable for me, but the months that have multiple large items plus a standard figure have been killing me. I still like those items, but they should be outside of the sub so that we can buy them when we have the funds.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Bigger than a bread box, but not too much dough.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Bigger than a bread box, but not too much dough.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

If the first option in that poll (12 figures) ends up having the highest percentage, please, please, PLEASE! don't just automatically declare that to be the winning choice. The first option should have to exceed the combined total of Options 2 and 3 (16 and 18 figures, respectively) to win. As of right now MORE people want over 12 figures.

I very much agree! While I would prefer the 18 figure option, I would (of course) take the 16 figure option over the 12. And I also agree that it's good to point this out "just in case", since they might be likely to just look at which option gets the most votes and possibly go with it. All though it looks like as of right now the 18 figure option is in the lead by a small margin.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

At least 12, but preferably 16-18. That would be 12 monthly, plus 4-6 figure/beast/vehecle/weapons slots.

I won't rest until the figure in my Avatar gets made.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

... I like this comment. I thought this is obvious but you are right ... jut in case ...

About the sub? The bigger the better for me, I want vehicles too (not mentioned in the poll) - but this is just a dream for now.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Give us the greatest number of figures possible. I'll buy them all! Complete our original vintage collections!