Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 2013 the final year for fully tooled figures?

Is 2013 the final year for fully tooled figures?

Scott said on numerous occasions that the only way they can offer a fully tooled figure is if there is a min 12 figures in a year to spread the cost

We really need at least 12 slots to tackle a fully tool'd figure (to bank the tooling as a full year tooling bill divided by 12)
    With the latest development of having less figures in 2014 (possibly 6) it looks like figures like Two-Bad are off the table. Looks like Cornboy won't be getting his figure after all not to mention the fans as with Ramman already in 2013 I don't suppose we would be getting him the same year.. And I was really looking forward to him :-(
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

I'm sure TG said 2013 will have 2-3 fully tooled figures and there have been strong rumours Two-Bad is coming next year

I just hope we get Two-Bad, Mantenna, Madame Razz and Modulok, with those all being fully tooled figures. Those are the 100% tools I feel are essential to the line, so I really hope we get them by the end of 2014. I do think 2014 subs will sell better if TG sticks to his word that they will be the most fan demanded from vintage, POP, NA and Filmation.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I don't take anything he says seriously anymore but I would assume that we will get Two Bad before the line ends. He is a core vintage character and they could always make him a SDCC figure since they get a larger amount of money for those figures.

Two Bad isn't a 100% new tool, he's mostly just a new torso. He still uses basic male buck parts and a Whiplash leg.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    We still don't know exactly what shape the 2014 line will be. Unless I missed brand new news, I have not seen anything that says with certainty that 2014 will be 6 figures, or less than 12. Some "maybes" but nothing confirmed.

Probably a bit too early to be worried
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I sure hope not. I want more stuff.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Heroic Warrior
    I believe the statement in question was about the 2013 line and the way the budget had been planned for that. 2014 could be budgeted, potentially, to include a 100% tooled figure for every 6 figures, if they plan it that way. 2013 was probably going to go down in such a manner that there was no way to keep the fully-tooled slots without the full 12 figure line.

Heroic Warrior
    There have been few fully-tooled characters. Fully-tooled is like Shadow Weaver, Ram Man, etc. For example, as stated above Two-Bad really only needs a new torso and heads, as arms/legs/etc. could be reused.

I believe he was also referring to DC's sub, which sells far less than MOTU.

No it's not.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I'm sure TG said 2013 will have 2-3 fully tooled figures and there have been strong rumours Two-Bad is coming next year
    I would love to have Two Bad in 2013 and I think we will see him. I think there are several parts that can be reused to make him.

Now Mantenna and Modulok are a different story.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    There have been few fully-tooled characters. Fully-tooled is like Shadow Weaver, Ram Man, etc. For example, as stated above Two-Bad really only needs a new torso and heads, as arms/legs/etc. could be reused.

I believe he was also referring to DC's sub, which sells far less than MOTU.
    Even the heads could be reused if we get seperate Tuuvar and Baddhra figures (although I would want a 2nd Bounty Hunter masked head for Tuuvar)
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Im positive that Two-Bad has worked himself into 2013 after TG said 2013/2014 roadmap has been reworked, we know Cornboy wants him so why take chances on 2014. Im guessing around October/halloween for some reason after all he is a scary dude, plus my all time favourite motu character. He is also my most wanted figure in classics to be done.
    Last edited by lorde trooper; August 12, 2012 at 06:33am.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Who knows what to believe anymore. Sdcc we were rolling 48 hours later the line was dead. I'm happy for what we have and hope we get more. I'm certain there will be more. There better be more.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I would love to have Two Bad in 2013 and I think we will see him. I think there are several parts that can be reused to make him.

Yes, exactly! I'm also more afraid about Mantenna and Modulok!

They are my most wanted figures now, and they are both unique/highly tooled figures!

If there would be only 6 figures in 2014 we would indeed have a probleme with figures like those!

I hope we will get at least 12 figures! And i hope for 20!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by king.of.grayskull View Post
    Yes, exactly! I'm also more afraid about Mantenna and Modulok!

They are my most wanted figures now, and they are both unique/highly tooled figures!

If there would be only 6 figures in 2014 we would indeed have a probleme with figures like those!

I hope we will get at least 12 figures! And i hope for 20!
    I share the same feelings. I'm afraid about Mantenna, Modulok and Multibot (almost no hope for the last one). From the 3, Modulok could be the easiest to do because he could reuse torso, arms, and legs (but 3 of them!), if they go with his Filmation look (the one i like).

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Filmation Modulok is also what I am hoping for. I am sure he'd come with a extra head. I never liked that "other head ..."
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

I also agree that Filmation Modulok is the way to go, since that version requires less new tooling to do. Mantenna definately requires 100% new tooling, but maybe he could share a torso with Lizard Man if they do the Filmation version of Mantenna (which again I'd prefer!)
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Warrior
    Is 2013 the final year for fully tooled figures?
    This is indeed a very good question ! From what TG said, we could think that 2013 is the final year for fully tooled figures. But I think we should get at least 1 fully tooled figure in 2014 (if the line survives by then, of course). We'll have to pay a lot of attention to such matters in 2013 and 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post

I was wondering the other day - is there any way Mantenna may be able to utilise the Leech buck? It'd make perfect sense to me. Therefore we won't be looking at a 100 % tool.

I think people are gonna be really ****** at Scott if he goes back on his 'promise' to round out the line with as many vintage characters as possible. If they can't get the tooling budget to fulfil this pledge then he shouldn't have promised to do so. Oh well. We are Ages away. Let's see what happens!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'm not worried about big-name characters like Two-Bad, Modulok, and Mantenna. There's no way I can see them not making those so I'm pretty confident we'll see the major characters. It's more the "loser" characters with a lot of new tooling that I'm worried about - Multi Bot, Gwildor, Rotar, Twistoid, and Blast-Attak. I think these might be the least popular vintage MOTU characters and most of them require quite a bit of new tooling, but I still want them!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    It's more the "loser" characters with a lot of new tooling that I'm worried about - Multi Bot, Gwildor, Rotar, Twistoid, and Blast-Attak. I think these might be the least popular vintage MOTU characters and most of them require quite a bit of new tooling, but I still want them!
    How dare you, madame! Gwildor is only a loser if this is just the introduction to the opposite sketches...

But at least you still want a Gwildor!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    How dare you, madame! Gwildor is only a loser if this is just the introduction to the opposite sketches...

But at least you still want a Gwildor!
    I love that you just made a You Can't Do That On Television reference.

I jokingly called the above bunch of characters "the loser guys" on RGD today, but I love them and want them all. Gwildor has especially GOT to happen or the squinty-eyed shade of Billy Barty will be called upon to haunt Mattel for all eternity!!!

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I'm not worried about big-name characters like Two-Bad, Modulok, and Mantenna. There's no way I can see them not making those so I'm pretty confident we'll see the major characters. It's more the "loser" characters with a lot of new tooling that I'm worried about - Multi Bot, Gwildor, Rotar, Twistoid, and Blast-Attak. I think these might be the least popular vintage MOTU characters and most of them require quite a bit of new tooling, but I still want them!
    Are Multi-Bot and Blast-Attack really that unpopular. I mean, I see the other three you mention made fun of, but I don't know that I've seen the other 2. Maybe I'm just not paying attention.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    S
    With the latest development of having less figures in 2014 (possibly 6) it looks like figures like Two-Bad are off the table.(
    Who said that? We hit 135% and were promised an all-star 2014 line up.

If we don't get it class action baby, class action!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Are Multi-Bot and Blast-Attack really that unpopular. I mean, I see the other three you mention made fun of, but I don't know that I've seen the other 2. Maybe I'm just not paying attention.
    I don't think it's so much that they are made fun of, as they aren't as highly demanded as other characters and require a bit of tooling (especially Multi Bot). That's why I'm more worried about them getting made. The more popular characters and the more easily-tooled figures are shoe-ins, I'd imagine.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE