Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
It's nothing personal.
***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
This past round of questions were selected by Penny Dreadful.
Thanks to that fan for their help!!!
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. Firefly: In your last Director's Commentary about the Green Goddess, you mention "There certainly are characters we don't want immortalized in plastic." Which characters are these? For an inclusive line, I was a bit surprised by the comment. It would be nice if we could at least get a couple of examples.
2. Nemisythe: Since there now seems to be an attempt to get more media based on MOTU out there, has the thought of Books / Novels been considered? It seems to have worked for franchises like Star Wars and it has pretty much added as an alternative in keeping the franchise out there and moving it along when there wasn't the prequels and clone wars.
3. zodak74: Many fans are thrilled to be receiving Netossa as a MOTUC figure, but are puzzled by a few things. There is a lack of accessories beyond the repainted She-Ra shield, such as her head piece. Her cape, while it is a net (that won't actually function like the classic toy) is a cape. It seems she should get a repainted Goddess spear or the Bubble Power She-Ra sword in her colors as an additional weapon. Also, her costume ends up looking really bland as is. Surely you have seen how striking the original Netossa looks. Any chance of some silver highlights on the skirt, on the wrist cuffs or something to make her more visually interesting?
4. Count Marzo: If/when you get to Blade, would his name still be Blade or would it have to be changed? Also would you be allowed to give him a repainted Mighty Spector Energy Whip like the one he used in the movie?
5. king.of.grayskull: Can we expect more highly-tooled figures in 2013, or has Ram-man needed to much of the tooling budgeted?
So ask those questions!