Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Pre-Orders, are you interested?

Let me think... YEAAH! Depending on the vehicle I would probably get 4 or 5. Me likey vehicles!
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

A most decided yes.

I would totally buy into preordering, if you don't fund it then it does not get made. Its that simple
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I still light a candle every day hoping one day to own that 4H Battle Ram. Sign me up for that any day
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'm all for it!!!
    I would like several of the Vehicles, but also Playsets!
    Maybe we could see Castle Grayskull this way as well!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

a Muppet of a man...
    If there's even a microscopic sliver of hope that I may someday own a MOTUC LAND SHARK, then I am all for it! Bring on the pre-orders!!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    No vehicles. I only want the completed vintage MOTU collection.
    How can anyone claim straight-faced that they "only want the completed vintage MotU collection" at the same time that they demand that some of its core components be completely dropped and marginalized? The vintage MotU collection had well over a dozen vehicles, about as many beasts, and around half a dozen playsets. Vehicles, beasts and playsets were an integral and essential part of what defined the original vintage line since its very first wave.

Battle Ram and Castle Grayskull were there in Wave 1, in case someone hasn't noticed, and every subsequent wave offered several new such items in numbers about half as plenty as the people figures. For example, Wave 2 had 8 figures and 4 others (2 beasts and 2 vehicles), and Wave 3 had 11 figures and 6 others (2 beasts, 3 vehicles and 1 playset). Which means that, by now (approaching around a hundred MotUC items), we should already have at least over a quarter hundred MotUC items in the beast/vehicle/playset categories, if MotUC strived to be a line anywhere near in the same character as the original, instead of a line of figures conceived to be stood lifeless on shelves like a bunch of trophies.

We have a grand total of 7 MotUC beasts (Battle Cat, Panthor, Swift Wind, Gygor, Shadow Beast, Griffin and Granamyr; the human-like giants Tytus, Megator and Procrustus count as "people" figures rather than beasts for me), 1 MotUC vehicle (Wind Raider), 1 MotUC diorama piece (Weapons Rack) and 0 MotUC playsets. That's quite a shift in character for MotUC when compared to the original MotU line, and one that I find very unwelcome. Especially because vehicles and playsets happen to offer so much potential in the hands of the Four Horsemen (their Wind Raider is a jaw-dropping masterpiece and possibly the best item in the whole of MotUC so far). We've already seen their amazing Battle Ram sculpt, and I can only begin to imagine what a gorgeous marvel we could have if the 4H took the Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull statue and turned it into a glorious full-fledged four-sided MotUC-scale playset—I'd pay whatever price for that.

So far, MotUC doesn't allow one to set up a little Eternia, enacting scenes and battles like one could do with the original line, unless one spends countless hours painstakingly handcrafting their own playsets and diorama pieces. The idea that MotUCs are primarily meant to be displayed in rows on a shelf facing front like police suspects, I find a boring and limiting approach, and certainly not the one that drives me to collect these figures.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; August 7, 2012 at 09:32pm. Reason: typo
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I would welcome a vehicle preorder. It would also allow Mattel to gauge how well a new business model could work instead of relying on subs to fill a quota.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I quite like the idea of a Sky Sled ultimately paying for the whole Battle Ram. Personally, I'd buy a few sleds for my Palace Guard but only want one complete Ram, and the beauty of the SS is that can be repainted, very slightly modified and turned into an Evil Masters vehicle.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

I'd be interested.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    No vehicles. I only want the completed vintage MOTU collection.
    How about Grayskull itself? The way I see it, the Wind Raider is just as 'vintage' as Battle Cat too.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd rather see a Castle Grayskull pre-order, but I'd definitely buy any vehicle they produce.
    Same here. I wish we could get a Grayskull this way, but I would buy vehicles via a pre-order.

I'd be interested too.

I'd be interested....I'm pretty much up for anything MOTC

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I'd be interested but I really think it needs to be the Battle Ram Chariot (the whole thing). I don't think any other vehicle will do better, so if it doesn't justify more vehicles at least we'll have it. If it does do well enough, then yeah I'll be there for Roton, Road Ripper, Landshark, Talon Fighter, Attack Track, Stridor/Nightstalker, but again I'd rather just get the BRC in case it's the last chance.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    Of course i would be interested to preorder vehicles!

I think the Battle Ram is most requested! I would buy two of them!

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I'd preorder any veichle or playset

Into it, let's do it.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I like that selection, though I'd add the Filmation Collector* to it, and some Filmation Horde vehicles would be nice too (particularly, the Horde Trooper "hoverbikes"). And they should release the "War Sled" green-with-fangs variant in addition to the Sky Sled, of course. Oh, and the Road Ripper, too!

(*) A MotUC Collector wouldn't need to be made at huge Filmation scale, just like they didn't make the Wind Raider in humongous 4-seater Filmation scale. I'd be fine with a 2-figure-wide (instead of 4-figure-wide) Collector, which would then be about the size of a Hasbro SW Millenium Falcon (i.e., certainly not outside the realm of feasibility).

CollectorExterior.jpgCollectorInterior.jpg
    Last edited by uaxuctum; August 7, 2012 at 05:50pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    I quite like the idea of a Sky Sled ultimately paying for the whole Battle Ram. Personally, I'd buy a few sleds for my Palace Guard but only want one complete Ram, and the beauty of the SS is that can be repainted, very slightly modified and turned into an Evil Masters vehicle.
    ^This exactly.

I'm down to buy any of the Vintage vehicles. So yes I'd definitely sign up for any preorders.

Yup yup Bring on the Battle Ram and the Landshark!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I am interested in most of the vintage vehicles. I would like to know what it is I'm buying.
    I'm confident the 4H would make a great product. I just want to know the name before buying into.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    It depends. Which one's gonna be in it?

Just kidding. Sure, I'm in!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law