Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Pre-Orders, are you interested?

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely!!!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Pre Orders for vehicles and/or playsets sounds good to me. Anything to get the Battle Ram and Castle Grayskull. Then on to Slimepit, The Collector....

I am down for the pre-order system. Fans have been asking for this for a while now and they said it was not possible. Now that it is I am down for it all. I would be ok with paying now and shipping later. Paying now would solve the problems of people saying they can't afford things in the fall or winter as the holidays get close
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I'd so be down for this. Battle Ram, Collector, Sky Sleds, Stridor, Night Stalker, Astrosub, Shuttle Pod and the Battle Bird!
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppp!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Sign me up.

Any way any how you can get MOTU vehicles to us, Mattel, you TRY it.

Pre-Orders, in the sub as a quarterly slot item, outta the sub as a bonus item, WHATEVER!

I want the Battle Ram that we were shown. I also REALLY want something for the bad guys. Land Shark, Roton, etc...
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I want the Battle Ram that we were shown. I also REALLY want something for the bad guys. Land Shark, Roton, etc...
    If they finally do Battle Ram, they'll be doing something for the bad guys, too, since it would make no sense that they wouldn't release the War Sled variant that the evil guys were riding all the time in the cartoon. And even without that specific variant, the Sky Sled is similar enough that I don't think our bad guys would complain if we give them a Sky Sled to ride. I think Roton would be swell as a third vehicle after Battle Ram/Sky Sled; and then Talon Fighter, Collector, Attak Trak, Land Shark, Road Ripper, Spydor and Dragon Walker.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

If it takes the same amount of sub orders to make prescription orders then we are in trouble.

Yes, although I would be selective. Battle Ram is a must.

I only bought one WindRaider, but if scott announces in 2013 that were getting the Battle ram, I will get two of those, maybe even three depending on the price and the month it would come out.

As a kid, me and my brother both had 'road rippers' - they were awesome. I'm sure I'm the only one, but I'd love a new one.
    I would definitely buy a Battleram though.

It depends on the vehicle.....however I want the battle ram to shoot and spydor to walk!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Battle Ram!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Totally, I want that Battle Ram!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Now seems unlikely given TG's recent answers.

I love the new Wind Raider and would have gladly bought another, but it's just so flippin' BIG! Takes up a lot of figure room
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    As a kid, me and my brother both had 'road rippers' - they were awesome. I'm sure I'm the only one, but I'd love a new one.
    You're not, I'd love a MotUC Road Ripper too. And it's a relatively small vehicle, so its tooling budget shouldn't be that expensive.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    From what Toyguru said in the "News Thread August 2012", it's obvious that vehicles won't come back any time soon... even with a pre-ordering system.

yeah, definitely interested. I would probably buy all vehicles. but mostly interested in land shark and roton.

Heroic Warrior
    I would probably buy any and all vehicles, unless my finances didn't permit.

But I really need a Castle Grayskull.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I think the top priority should go to a Laughing Swan Inn playset!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    Why wouldn't vehicles come back with a pre-order system? They have at least one prototype done and finished, the Battle Ram.

It would be really easy for them just to put that up, and check how many people would be interested, to see if it would pay-off.

I would go for it.... as much as I want the Battle Ram, I think it'd be only fair that the Evil Warriors should get a vehicle too. I want the Spydor and it's should be relatively simple, a body, with 6 legs, and all the legs would use the same mold, so that would save a little on tooling.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

I would love it if Mattel approached Grayskull, Battle Ram, Slime Pit, etc. like they did the Hoverboard.
    Love the Pre-Order idea.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    From what Toyguru said in the "News Thread August 2012", it's obvious that vehicles won't come back any time soon... even with a pre-ordering system.
    This is just a "what if" thread. There's nothing wrong with fun speculation.
    Besides...you never know. If Mattel sees enough support they just might explore the idea. See...glass is half full not half empty.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    You're not, I'd love a MotUC Road Ripper too. And it's a relatively small vehicle, so its tooling budget shouldn't be that expensive.
    Agreed; we might have a better chance at that than the Ram.

A pre-order system would take all the guesswork out of it, and give Mattel what it demands, even when said demand goes against the basis of the toy industry and life in general: a guarantee. If you don't get enough pre-orders, you don't make the vehicle. Pretty simple, really. They did the exact same thing with a couple of DCUC two-packs that didn't make it, offered to e-tailers a while back.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman