Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    What was that comment about Jinx and Plundor?

Hasbro just did Jinx as their 2012 exclusive for SDCC. Is Scott unaware, or saying he didn't make his goal? Or is Plundor on the way? LOL I'm scratching my head on this one.

~RK
    He means Jaxxon. Star Wars green rabbit.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Plundor? Bring it ON! I want this figure badly!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    TG answered more questions and they are up!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

DCIE didn'y even hit 100% last year, and they went ahead, AND there are 12 slots for 2013. So why is there a different standard for MOTUC, which actually costs Mattel less because of the reuse of parts and the fact that they don't have to pay for a license?
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Am the only really miffed about this?

I really, truly, am. I feel suckered!

I wanna know when do we find out if its gonna be 6 or 12 or 7, 8, 9 10 *** ever.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    DCIE didn'y even hit 100% last year, and they went ahead, AND there are 12 slots for 2013. So why is there a different standard for MOTUC, which actually costs Mattel less because of the reuse of parts and the fact that they don't have to pay for a license?
    There's parts re-use in DC. They went ahead with the sub, but not the sub for uniquely tooled figures. MOTUC has that, and also has more product.

So let me get this straight, Scott wants to have Plundor made simply because he wants it badly himself, and yet he's skipping on the vehicles (especially Battle-Ram) because the Wind-Raider didn't perform as much as Mattel would've liked?
    So according to this hypocrisy, if Plundor was a DOS item, he could perform better than Battle-Ram!!!!!!! Give me a freakin break!

I really wonder what kinda of universe TG lives in sometimes?

VERY DISAPPOINTING ANSWERS MR. TG...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

6 or 12 for 2014 doesn't matter as much to me as they make damn sure PoP/NA/Filmation A-Listers ARE PART of that plan AS PROMISED!!

Pludor has been a highly demanded figure for quite some time. I don't want him, but I'm sure for every one of me, there are a dozen fans who do.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    If the 2013 subscription sold 35% more than the minimum they set to make the line-up profitable, I don't understand why they would potentially have to reduce 2014 to 6 figures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm of the mind that 2014 will sell much better, too.

The thing is, I feel like we're getting a lot of conflicting statements. Wasn't Scott promising to complete most of vintage MOTU and the core POP and NA characters in 2014 'if we just hit the minimum?' While I realize 2014 funding is based on 2013 sales, at no point do I recall him saying that they had to sell a certain amount above the minimum to continue giving us a basic 12 figure subscription. To potentially reduce 2014 to 6 figures seems drastic. I get they have to get rid of SOME items, but something just isn't adding up here, imo.

I also read somewhere that 2012 was a peak year. Wasn't 2011 the peak year?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Am the only really miffed about this?

I really, truly, am. I feel suckered!

I wanna know when do we find out if its gonna be 6 or 12 or 7, 8, 9 10 *** ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    6 or 12 for 2014 doesn't matter as much to me as they make damn sure PoP/NA/Filmation A-Listers ARE PART of that plan AS PROMISED!!
    I think this pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole thing:

I'd say let's not get too upset about 2014 just yet. A lot can happen (for better or for worse) between now and then. I'm intrigued to see what this new program is and how it might affect our expectations of what is happening in 2014, if at all. I too hope it's 12 figures at a minimum. But we've got a ways to go!

I'm just gearing up for what reveals we'll get at PowerCon! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    So let me get this straight, Scott wants to have Plundor made simply because he wants it badly himself, and yet he's skipping on the vehicles (especially Battle-Ram) because the Wind-Raider didn't perform as much as Mattel would've liked?
    So according to this hypocrisy, if Plundor was a DOS item, he could perform better than Battle-Ram!!!!!!! Give me a freakin break!

I really wonder what kinda of universe TG lives in sometimes?

VERY DISAPPOINTING ANSWERS MR. TG...
    Actually, I have to agree with him here......Plundor would sell better than Battle-Ram (as he would be in the sub as well)

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Actually, I have to agree with him here......Plundor would sell better than Battle-Ram (as he would be in the sub as well)
    Well I disagree with both you. If both Plundor and Battle-Ram were ever released as DOS items, I cannot see the lame Plundor (one of the worst Filmation characters IMO) outsells Battle-Ram, I just cannot!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashWatchman View Post
    Pludor has been a highly demanded figure for quite some time. I don't want him, but I'm sure for every one of me, there are a dozen fans who do.
    Okay, I'm really starting to feel like I'm living in some sort of Bizarro world now. All this stuff I swear people hated and thought were stains on the franchise are suddenly in extreme demand. I thought I was pretty forgiving, but it seems everyone else has turned into omni-fans.

If it makes you feel better, Plundor is probably one of my least favorite and wanted characters. He'd pull ahead just SLIGHTLY above the NA Scientists. But I'd be fine with getting him 2017 or something.

I'm a big Filmation fan and I DO NOT want Plundor. Furthermore if he is made ahead of characters like Scorpia, Madame Razz, Shokoti, Strongarm and Lizard Man I will be very annoyed!

I am also not liking the sudden change of now stating 2014 will be 'vintage'. What exactly is that meant to mean? Vintage MOTU only? Vintage MOTU, POP and NA? Where does that leave the A list Filmation characters like Scorpia?

I need Madame Razz, Scorpia and Glimmer at the very least before the line completely ends
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

If only 6 figures in 2014 = broken promise to finish most of the vintage line and POP and Filmation A-listers!
    We need a full line of 16 figures + 2 exclusives to get even close. In fact we would need this for 2014 and 2015 to achieve this goal!

I really don't get it. When Toyguru made that promise he thought we would barely hit the minimum of sub sales. Now we're 35% above it and he says we might only get 6 figures in 2014?
    Last edited by Grayskull's Heir; August 8, 2012 at 05:35am.
    Awesome sticker included!

I'd only want Plundor if they hit him with the pink flock like that one custom.

I really hope Ninjor and Jitsu are not related. Jitsu is Eternian and Ninjor is from another dimension. And I know the vintage ones did but I hope they don't have the same head sculpt.

The Plundor Filmation episode is actually one of my favourite episodes and I'm open to a figure of him further down the line but there's at least 10 other Filmation characters I'd want before him. If they do do him he need to heavily Classicized IMO (more then Fang Man) so he doesn't look too cartoony.

Scrollos for the next Traveling Exclusive!

Hopefully we stand more of a chance of getting Illumina now as well
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Scott has comitted to nothing for 2014 yet and we're already accusing him of "breaking promises"... Wow, even I hate us sometimes.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Warrior
    Alas, a vehicle takes way more work and with WR sales being so low we just can't get the resources to do another, even as a presale.
    Doing a pre sale still takes a ton of design work (beyond sculpting) and with sales of the WR being so low, there is just no way we can get those resources. The Wr was the opportunity for fans to vote for more vehicles by buying a WR and it didn't happen.
    OK. I guess we now officially know that vehicles are out, at least for now. Maybe they'll give it another try some time later...

Whether we can do 12 figures or just 6 remains to be seen. 2013 sold in higher then the bare min, but it was still dramatically lower then any other year which means 2014 will be much smaller.
    Only 6 figures for 2014 would not be enough. 12 figures would be better. Also, 6 figures would NEVER allow us to finish the vintage figures ! I highly hope that we'll get at least one figure per month in 2014, if the line goes that far. It's strange how all the positive statements, promises and incentives that were given to the fans during the sub sales, are cut or diminished once the sub has sold. I wonder whether we'll get more bad news in the coming months, just like after SDCC 2011 and the 2012 sub sales...

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    No more three pack... guess we'll never see the three Rock People complete...

How come we got the Fighting Foe Guys but no Rock People 3 pack? So disappointing...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    And I know the vintage ones did but I hope they don't have the same head sculpt.
    Is Mike Bock wrong about the following?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Ninjor's head is totally different from Jitsu's
    It's not a simple repaint at all:

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/6...ndjitsusq7.gif
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Heroic Warrior
    No more three pack... guess we'll never see the three Rock People complete
    I understand your pain... but Toyuguru said a long time ago that the Rock People would require almost 100% new tooling each, and the 3 pack figures/characters are made with many parts reuse. That's why I don't think that they'd release a highly tooled 3 pack such as the Rock People.

I'm pretty sure the rock people will come individually. Rokkon and Stonedar should be made. I wonder what's Matty's stance about the female rock warrior, though... they never commented too much about it.

P.S. : since there won't be 3 packs anymore, I guess we now know that Two-Bad, Tuvar and Baddhra won't come as a 3-pack. Two-Bad will certainly be sold individually. And uvar and Baddhra, if they're ever released, will be released either separately, or as a 2-pack.

Ninjor's head is totally different from Jitsu's
    It's not a simple repaint at all
    I confirm Mike Bock's statement : I have vintage Ninjor and Jitsu, and both heads are totally different ! In MOTUC, they should be different too. Ninjor's face is less known because he came with his ninja mask on. But under that vintage ninja cloth mask, the face is different from Jitsu's. I guarantee that 300%.
    Last edited by Prahvus; August 8, 2012 at 06:55am.

I know 2014 is a ways off yet but I'd really like to see it be 12 monthly with the 4 quaterly figures to help close out the vintage figures. I can't wait to see what is in store for the rest of 2103!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes