Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread August 2012

Scott didn't say he had no plans for Horde Troopers. He said there were no plans for Horde Troopers TO ANNOUNCE.

Those two hedge-words make all the difference compared to others he's denied outright.

Heroic Warrior
    Yup, definitely read it as "we have them planned, but they are not ready to be announced."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    Yup, definitely read it as "we have them planned, but they are not ready to be announced."
    He's hinted too heavily at them to go back on it now. It's happening.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    He's hinted too heavily at them to go back on it now. It's happening.
    My guess we won't get the Horde Troopers 2013. Instead we will get Skeletor's Filmation Hover-Robots. Scott already said 2013 will be a Filmation year. The Troopers will be announced at SDCC 2013 to help sell the 2014 sub.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Ninjor and Jitsu NEVER SHARED A HEAD!!!
    And they are from two different worlds!! (Jitsu is Eternian and Ninjor is from another dimension) I really hope this misinformation from 'fans' does not influence the bios of these two characters

Last edited by oICEMANo; August 13, 2012 at 02:40am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Each year the number of slots we get are related to the previous year's sell in. We got enough in 2013 to keep the robust 2013 line as is, but it may not be enough to get enough slots for a large enough 2014 line to "finish the vintage figs". To do this, we really needed closer to a 100% renewal rate and as is we sold less than half of the subs we did in 2011 and 2012.

I will make the case for as many slots in 2014 as I can and we will try to maximize ever one we get. But at such a low sell in, it may be more difficult to truly finish the line in 2014. It also doesn't mean that is the last year. I'll do all I can to keep the line going. We'll keep it going as long as their are enough customer to buy more figures! Check out the latest Roast Gooble when Val posts it. We cover this subject in depth!

Let me know if any more info would help. Happy to clarify as best I can!
    Scott, for 2014 would be great if we had a sub with 12 monthly figures all the classic characters. I believe that the percentage of subscriptions would rise even by 200-300%

Two Bad already please!
    Been waiting for such a looong time now....He could've been a great push to the 2013 sub sales, now I'm worried that he will be used as the 2014 sub pitch and we won't see him in 2013.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    If it meant a guarenteed 12 monthly figures (not counting the exclusive!), I'd gladly sacrifice all the rest for 2014.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KARAK_NUL View Post
    So who do we think is off the table right now out of the vintage, NA and POP? Who is 100% tool and who can get by with a lot less? Is Mantenna off because of legs but where is the line we cross were it is too much tooling?
    I don't think Mantenna needs as much new tooling as some people think. He'll need a new crotchpiece to accomodate 4 legs, but I bet the 4H can work wonders with existing parts. The upper Whiplash legs, for example, could be used. He would need new armor and a head, but other than that, I think he is doable with existing parts.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Warrior
    Figures such as Two-Bad, Modulok, Mantenna and many others (Rokkon, Stonedar, Gwildor, Rio Blast, Sagitar, Kowl etc.) DO REQUIRE quite a lot of new parts. It is SO obvious when you take a look at their previous version(s) !

For Two-Bad, they could reuse one upper arm and one thigh for the blue (Tuvar) part, but that's about it.

For Rio Blast, they could reuse the classics male buck upper arms, but that's about it too.

For ALL the rest of the figures I mentioned, we NEED new parts. Personally, I know I don't want a crappy Mantenna, Two-Bad or Modulok that will look cheap when you put him next to his previous version(s).

Widget
    Maybe they could create some type of adapter to add 4 to 6 legs together and use it for Modulock, multibot and Mantenna? Also sagitar too? I do not know enough about that charecter to know if that would work. Same thing for two heads. Some kind of piece to snap onto whatever buck they use to add two heads. Works for two badd, Modulock and multibot.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've put up the newest answer to the Batman buck question.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I've put up the newest answer to the Batman buck question.
    find this very odd, Im sorry if those are new parts, its a waste of tooling, b/c most of the arms and legs look just like MOTUC and if they were willing to share the tooling for the shoulders, why not the rest?
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I'm not sure I believe any of that. Why only use shoulders and create everything brand new for one time use?

Cancelling my pre-order based on this.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Figures such as Two-Bad, Modulok, Mantenna and many others (Rokkon, Stonedar, Gwildor, Rio Blast, Sagitar, Kowl etc.) DO REQUIRE quite a lot of new parts. It is SO obvious when you take a look at their previous version(s) !
    And I'm sure you and others would have said the same about Optikk and Slushhead, which turned out fine with a good amount of re-used parts. Admittedly, Rio would need a lot, but more than just the biceps could be reused. A second front piece to a chestarmor made to look like his top could give the "flip down" guns and allow a regular torso to be used. For Mantenna, Existing legs with a new crotch piece and maybe feet (although the original figure didn't establish much in the line of feet, so existing ones might work), chest armor and maybe new hands along with the head is no more than some standard figures get. Modulock is problematic for re-use, admittedly, but not beyond possibility, depending on the look, toy or Filmation. The latter wouldn't really require the interchangeability (although I can see a lot of folks being majorly let down without something of that feature surviving).

I admit, I initially felt that some of the figures you mention would be off the table last week, but more time to think has made me soften that stance. Some creativity (which the Fab Four have plenty of) might do more with re-use than we think is possible right now and still give us outstanding figures.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    My guess we won't get the Horde Troopers 2013. Instead we will get Skeletor's Filmation Hover-Robots. Scott already said 2013 will be a Filmation year. The Troopers will be announced at SDCC 2013 to help sell the 2014 sub.
    I'm pretty sure Scott knows that if we get the Filmation Hover-bots before Horde Troopers... that there would be widespread rioting in the streets outside Mattel HQ... and that's just for starters.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

bcrduke also hinted troopers for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post

LOL

Have i told you I love you SCB?
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I'm not sure I believe any of that. Why only use shoulders and create everything brand new for one time use?

I remember hearing about a BIG problem with the sharing of the bird between lines (MOTUC: zoar, screeech, Glory Bird; DCUC: Wonder Twins, Beast Boy)

Apparently there might be some contractual thing with DC that does not allow sharing of parts... so technically they won't be the same pieces... but will we be able to tell the difference? Probably not.

bcrduke also hinted troopers for 2013.
    Let's just say that I suggested that they might be a strong choice... let's be a little more delicate with what we say ok? At this point, though, who cares? As long as whatever anyone says gets people to BUY this line.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I meant the other bcrduke.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    TG put up more new answers, added to the front!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    TG put up more new answers, added to the front!
    You are like a freakin demon on these things, MGM!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    I just hope we'll get PLENTY of vintage figures in 2013 too, and that these will have quite a lot of new tooling. 2014 doesn't seem like it's gonna be stellar, unlike Toyguru first announced in order to sell more subs...

Yes, Toyguru apologizes, but it's a little late now, isn't it ? Now that the subs have sold, we suddenly see loads of backpedaling... It has become a sad trend for Mattel, once they got what they wanted, to modify - or at least to downsize - the promises they made initially.

Backpedaling or not, i hope we at least get a figure each monthly and perhaps an over-sized sub exclusive like they did with DC. I would like at least one beast slot though.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    For the paint apps question, I wasnt trying to be a jerk or go over anyones heads..... seriously.

Maybe I just have terrible luck, but Id say 60 percent of mine have REALLY bad paint apps. I have seen alot of nice ones online, so like I said maybe its just bad luck. I often have to repaint some of the figs too. To be honest to god, Id rather spend 30+ per figure at this point and see the paint in person before taking a gamble online.

(and Scott I apperciate the advise, Ive tried that method though, its too mind numbing, theyve oftened just refunded me and not stuck to their word about replacing. I think (non racist) because they are over seas they cant grasp the difference between return and refund, I was on the phone with GoMatty for nearly a hour just to figure out the SDCC Batman exchage because the box didnt have sounds or light)

Hows that USA Call Center going?
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael