Thread: New lot vintage customs

New lot vintage customs

Hi all!

Just finished a new batch of vintage customs.
    They will be on my site soon so if you want to see more pic's of them be sure to check them out.
    Well you probly know the figures so I go straight to the pic's.

Attachment 78018Attachment 78019Attachment 78020Attachment 78021

Don't be shy and let me know what you think!
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Snappy Threader
    Those are really cool. Love the Skelkons.....

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    very nice: i'm really diggin' loni and delor...ehm, haw....oh well, the winged lady!

I always love me some VINTAGE CUSTOMS! I've never seen anyone "gut" the head of Stratos and "stuff" it full of Teela! LOL....looks great. LOve the Skelcons!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

So good to see more vintage customs! Great work!
    Is not not licking toads

Is it just me or is the board getting a ton of amazing vintage figures? Motumulder these are amazing man. You have really outdone yourself with these ones. I love the female characters too. Very well done and the Skelecons kick ass! Awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    those are nice.

Really nice. I'm not familiar with the Skelkons, are they from the comics?

AWESOME STUFF!!
    You are one of the 'new' vintage masters mutumulder. Awesome stuff. I have a soft spot for the Skelcons, love 'em and I love your Delora as well!
    Best one is the Keldor whose face is burning away and revealing Skeletor underneath. Cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimikrakra View Post
    Really nice. I'm not familiar with the Skelkons, are they from the comics?
    They are from the Ladybird books that were published in the UK back in the 1980s. The Skelcons are Skeletor's army of minions in those books. There are pictures of some of those drawings from the Ladybird books in this Skelcon thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...178328-Skelcon

Nice job man! Those Skelcons are perfect!

Thanks e-man!

Thanks all for the kind words!

@ Charlie Brown, I think I made Delora cause from the pic's I used for the moulding it looked like Hawk got more of a ginger hair colour and Delora is more of a blond and I liked the blond more in the overall paint scheme.

@ Tyke, and Teela even got scalpted in the process!

@ Mimikraka, they are indeed what E-man said. There are loads more off figures to be found in the lady bird comics that havn't been produced. Mostly henchmen and army builders but they do have that real vintage motu feel to them. The Sklecons where always a favotite of mine.
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Quote Originally Posted by motumulder View Post
    @ Mimikraka, they are indeed what E-man said. There are loads more off figures to be found in the lady bird comics that havn't been produced. Mostly henchmen and army builders but they do have that real vintage motu feel to them. The Sklecons where always a favotite of mine.
    That makes me wonder... who will be the first here on the boards to tackle Mer-Man's minions from the Ladybird books? They also look AWESOME!!!

By the way, motumulder... did you sculpt those Skelcon faces? They look so great!!

I know, I was flipping through the lady bird books and was thinking what would be the next figure to tackle. But did you notice the guy in "castle Grayskull under attak!" on the top of castle grayskull pointing down (page 14) He looks so cool to me.

And yes, the Skelcons faces are sculpted over Skeletor heads. Skellie's head is an excellent base for Skelcons customs (in my opinion that is) with the deep socked eyes.. or the lack of eyes

@ motumulder
    What are you using to remove original paint from the figures and not to damage them (like paint of Skeletor boots on your Skelcons)?

I know, I was flipping through the lady bird books and was thinking what would be the next figure to tackle. But did you notice the guy in "castle Grayskull under attak!" on the top of castle grayskull pointing down (page 14) He looks so cool to me.
    That is indeed a cool figure. On my 'to make someday' list for ages! Elsewhere in the book he can be seen fighting sea creatures as well. For those who don't know him, here he is:

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    @ motumulder
    What are you using to remove original paint from the figures and not to damage them (like paint of Skeletor boots on your Skelcons)?
    My guess is he just went the other way 'round. Paint the boots so that they matched the color of the legs (that's how I approach these things so I always figure that is exactly how other people do it too )

@Mantisaur82

I think E-man has got a cam. hanging in my house cause that is exactly the case. I painted over the boots. I've tried some stuff to remove paint but they are usualy (or just the stuff I used) to agressive and leave marks on the parts.
    Usualy I make a custom mixture of paint in the emptie paintcans you get after a while. It's a bit of a trial and error fase but when it looks good I still have a batch to work on the errors that come through after drying or for touch ups.

@ E-man, that's him. Thanks for uploading the pic. Doesn't he look like more of a bad guy to you too?

Quote Originally Posted by e-man View Post
    My guess is he just went the other way 'round. Paint the boots so that they matched the color of the legs (that's how I approach these things so I always figure that is exactly how other people do it too )
    @Mantisaur82
    I think E-man has got a cam. hanging in my house cause that is exactly the case. I painted over the boots. I've tried some stuff to remove paint but they are usualy (or just the stuff I used) to agressive and leave marks on the parts.
    Usualy I make a custom mixture of paint in the emptie paintcans you get after a while. It's a bit of a trial and error fase but when it looks good I still have a batch to work on the errors that come through after drying or for touch ups.

Hehe maybe e-man has a "Doom Seeker" in your house.
    Yeah, I have the same (negative) experience in removing original paint from figures. But on small scale, the eraser (rubber) can do the job (removing original paint and paint stains) ...I used it to reshape the original Teela eyebrows to get those for Queen Marlena custom wthout using fresh paint, or to remove original Teela eyes to paint a new ones.
    But it would be difficult to use eraser on boots.

@ Mantisaur82

He is also from the Netherlands so a Doom seeker could fly cross country in seconds! Stop now, you're scaring me

Thanks for the tip on the eraser, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Heroic Warrior kylefromdirtnapp's Avatar
    They all look killer, but your Keldor is amazing!
    I'm going to stop collecting toys and start smoking crack. Crack is cheaper and less addictive.
    My collections and trade/sale stuff

Heroic Warrior
    @motumulder and e-man

this "sentry" appears in another book too
    vintage_special_01_uk_content_500_full.jpg

Thanks Kylefromdirtnapp, Keldor was realy fun to do. It's like sculpting flesh over Skellies head, felt like some recreating a face for recognition in a crime scene.

@ Red Norvell. Thanks man. I don't have that comic and now I want it, could you tell me what the name of the comic is so I can look for it. There are so many possible customs on that page alone I nearly wet myself. Skelecons with armour, those dog/wolf soldiers, that Goblin in the front and those big Ork things in the back, the Sentry in full armour, a crowned Palace Guard! Pfff, I need more fodder parts and time. Thanks so much for posting that pic.

Heroic Warrior
    I donīt poses the book too. But you can read it here

http://he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=614

Thanks Red Novell, had forgotten al about that section of the org.

Ooh... I seem to have forgotten about this thread. Was probably too busy spying on motumulder with my Doom Seeker

Anyway... I though I had all the Ladybird books. I now really want this one too! Awesome illustrations. Great source for customs. That Skelcon with armor is now definitely on my 'to do' list!