There are chances of seeing a pack of the 3 major Widgets together?
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
- Please do not attach photos. Any linked/attached photos will be removed.
We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
It's nothing personal.
***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
This past round of questions were selected by Scotward.
Thanks to that fan for their help!!!
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. zodak74: Now that we know the polybagged Imp transformation is strictly exclusive to SDCC attendees, will you consider tooling a different Imp transformation to include with a future figure down the road? Maybe as a pack-in accessory for a Horde character like Vultak or Filmation Tung Lashor?
2. Swanmarsh: With fans currently getting Battle Lion and being able to mix-match BL's armor to create a 200x version of Battle Cat, would you advise what mix-match of current parts, figures (or variants thereof) and weapons creates the 'ultimate' MOTUC-ized version of 200x He-Man? Thanks.
3. bcrduke: On a past episode of Roast Gooble Dinner, Scott mentioned that after Hydron and Flogg, the next two most important NA characters to include in MOTUC were Mara and Crita. Since Crita was not included in the three-way vote at NYCC 2013, but Mara was, has Crita been placed lower in importance than both Darius and Tuskador (who were included in that vote), despite Crita consistently blowing away every single NA Character in any "NA most-wanted" poll that has ever been run online?
4. Niki: It has been said numerous times that the bios for MOTUC were written back in 2008 and back then the Filmaton stores and background information couldīt be used for the MOTUC bios and canon. But since then, you have acquired the Filmaton rights. Why haven't the bios been updated and improved with the Filmaton stories?
5. Shokoti's Slave: Is Randor the king of the entire planet of Eternia, ruling over other lands and monarchs? Or just the kingdom of Eternos?
So ask those questions!
There are chances of seeing a pack of the 3 major Widgets together?
In the MOTUC bio-canon roadmap, are you able to reveal any details or names as to concepts of characters that participated in Lord Choloh's gladitorial arena and/or battles of the Vine Jungle in the era circa 50 years prior to Adam?
Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized
Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
Expiration of rights?
Mattel is allowed to make Blade, Saurod & Gwildor because they had vintage figures, even though you currently do not have the '87 movie rights. Does this now apply to Filmation characters? Meaning if the Filmation rights run out, will you still be able to make the characters that received a MOTUC figure in the same way you can do the 3 movie figures?
NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
Who else is a member of the Green Tiger Tribe? past or present?
Given that Stridor, Night Stalker, and Mantisaur won the He-Man.org's Most-Wanted Beast poll, and given that these three have hovered in the most wanted beasts sections of most polls out there, could these honestly occupy a beast or out-of-sub sku for MOTUC?
My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Road Ripper 3) Vintage Fright Zone 4) Dragon Walker 5) Land Shark
In the past, you discussed the possibility of a 200X inspired head-pack. Hypothetically, if 2015 goes through and you hypothetically have an add-on sub that is also 200X inspired, would it be possible to have each figure in the add-on sub come with a 200X head as one if their accessories? For example: Veena could come with a sorceress staff and a 200X Clawful head. Calix could come with a Horde Crossbow and a 200X Buzzoff head. Etc. The benefit to this plan would be that, instead of a head-pack filling a much needed SKU, it could be open for another figure of a new character instead, like Lodar, Hawke, Masque, or Crita - AND, customers would still get their 200X heads.
What do you think?
Any chance of Castle Grayskull going on sale in the future? It doesn't seem to be selling out on Matty and going for under $250 on ebay. Can we expect a "warehouse clearing" sale to offload these beauties?
If Tyrantisaurus Rex was to be made, would you imagine him as big as Granamyr, or scaled to down to reduce his price, much like Battle Lion and Griffin?
Why weren't the MOTU Minis offered at retail? Considering how big the current "blind bag" market is, this would have been a perfect time to get MOTU out to the public. Also this line wouldn't have had to rely on the MOTUC buyers to support it. What are the chances of the MOTU Jumbo figures teased at NYCC, making it at retail?
Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; May 27, 2014 at 12:13pm.
MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |
Knowing Toyguru mentioned that slots and budget are limited, wasn't it more clever to use the baby skeletor's slot for a long awaited roton (or same size vehicle) or improve paint job on figures like Blade ?
Can you explain to us how SKUs work at Mattel? I've seen it mentioned several times that you can't do another run of figure X without giving it a new SKU. I assume SKU refers to the bar code number on the package, or is it referring to some other internal numbering scheme inside Mattel? Do the the SKU have a limited time attached to them? Say, IF you were to do an exact re-release of Fisto, would you have to get him a new SKU number or file for a time extension on that SKU?
In the past, when figures had reversed shoulders / body parts you admitted it and apologised (King Hsss, Roboto, Frosta's forearms). NA Skeletor has reversed shoulders, too. Although this is an undeniable fact and lots of fotographic evidence has been posted which clearly proves that the deltoid muscles are anatomically reversed, you are still denying it. What is the reason for this change in policy as far as interaction with your customers is concerned? When has it become official Mattel policy to claim the exact opposite of an obvious truth?
Awesome sticker included!
Man-At-Arms was available for sale in May's EA and I was under the assumption he had previously sold out. Luckily, I didn't purchase one on the secondary market for $60-$80. Can you release a list of all figures that have remaining inventory and might make an appearance in EA, obviously with a disclaimer not guaranteeing this information to be exact or as a promise that said figures will be sold again?
I'd hate to spend $120 on Beast Man on eBay only to find him offered thru Mattycollector.com a month or two later for $27!
If baby Skeletor sells well will more babies follow like Cringer or Adora?