Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we still going to get Veena, Gladiator, Eldor, and Beast Lord?

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)

Are we still going to get Veena, Gladiator, Eldor, and Beast Lord?

With the new Road Map, I sure hope we still get these characters. After all, they were in the new mini-comic, so it seems unfair not to get them at this point.

To be honest, it doesn’t look that way. The way Scott has been talking, it seems like they’re just planning on sticking to established characters from now on. For now, at least. With the near-death experience we’ve just had with the Classics line, that may not be bad thing. At least for now, as I said.

I hope we get Eldor. I could care less about the rest.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I was wondering the same thing... and I hope so. Maybe the new media will spark even more interest in the line and we will get them someday.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Gladiator and Beast Lord, like Sir Laser Lot and The Mighty Spector are characters that turn-off most fans/customers. Honestly, even though the latter were part of the 30th add-on, fans like me felt underwhelmed and I'm embarrassed they're part of the line. I'd rather have Princess of Power characters that I remember my sister playing with as a kid. I really believe recent releases/reveals like TMS and SLL were one of many reasons subs suffered this summer. Fans don't want characters that don't fit and have no feel of nostalgia. Draego-Man felt vintage, so he passed muster with many, rightfully so

As for Eldor, he'd be a great addition since he's been in prototype limbo since '87. Veena, well, she's just a beautiful character, and actually fits with MOTU lore (being a Sorceress type variant), even though she was 200x.

The rest can take a hike, but if this line too comes and goes without Eldor getting produced... I'm going to kick somebody. Hard. Where it counts.

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Honestly, even though the latter were part of the 30th add-on, fans like me felt underwhelmed and I'm embarrassed they're part of the line. I'd rather have Princess of Power characters that I remember my sister playing with as a kid. I really believe recent releases/reveals like TMS and SLL were one of many reasons subs suffered this summer. Fans don't want characters that don't fit and have no feel of nostalgia.
    The 30th line shouldn't matter at all to anyone. It was a separate subscription and figures like that would not occur in a normal subscription. It was clear what it was going in and no one had to subscribe to the 30th line. There's some fuzzy thinking going on in people's brains if the 30th figures have any affect whatsoever on their decision to subscribe next year. Those were specifically separated out because they would not necessarily appeal to all MOTUC fans. And if they simply weren't made, there wouldn't have been 6 other MOTUC figures made, there would have been no extras made. And if they wanted to do a separate 6-figure POP subscription, they could've, whether or not 30th were made or not. 30th had no connection to the main line whatsoever and even less next year since it won't exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I was wondering the same thing... and I hope so. Maybe the new media will spark even more interest in the line and we will get them someday.
    I hope we get them as well, and with Matty mngt's push for MOTU in new media I can see this happening. And this makes me wonder somewhat if these guys having anything at all to do with the "big surprises" Scott mentioned during the latest update video.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Eldor is a must.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Indeed. What I would like as well.
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

I think it would be really dumb to not get Eldor and Veena. They're characters people have wanted for a long time. Beast Lord, Bandwidth, Gladiator and Red Shadow however don't yet have a lot of fans, partly because we really haven't seen enough of them to like. I mean we don't even know what two of them look like from the front, and the other two were only partially revealed in the mini comics. If we actually get to see designs, the characters might gain more fans.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Just Veena and Eldor for me please.

I also expect Eldor, though I also could care less about the rest (which is to say I do not care as little about them as possible) I assume you ment you couldnt care less about the rest.

I dont care if we get them as things stand (excepting Eldor of course) but I would be happy to get them as well.

ELDOR, for sure!

Veena.. possibly.. not a biggie for me.

the rest.. no thanks! we have so many other figures that were produced which dont belong in the motu mythos imo.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    ELDOR, for sure!
    Yes, Eldor is really a must have! I'm sure Mattel is aware of Eldor.

About the other, a big yes for Veena. But I'd prefer Goat Man, Prahvus or Batros than Gladior and Beast Lord (even if they are really cool).

I'm sure it's not the end for obscure characters Don't worry!

Exactly. We got He-Ro, we NEED Eldor!
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

I hope we get them all! Especially Beast Lord...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    With the new Road Map, I sure hope we still get these characters. After all, they were in the new mini-comic, so it seems unfair not to get them at this point.
    What would be unfair would be sticking them in the sub and making everyone pay for them even though they are not the most demanded characters. Eldor would be the most likely to get made from your list, but none of these figures would sell subscriptions and that's what Mattel needs to focus on now.

Out of these characters, I too just want Eldor and Veena out of the PoG line-up. Hopefully in 2015 they'll become available somehow. I'm just anticipating the news about 2014, will we get the 12 figure sub or just 6?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Count me in. I'd LOVE Eldor and Veena.

I'd love any concept characters but Veena better look like her 200x look and not the mini comic
    Last edited by Toymaker; August 9, 2012 at 06:07am.
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I'll bet that at least one of the Beast Lord/Gladiator/Bandwidth/Red Shadow figures were planned in 2013. So, we'll get whoever was already slotted for next year. However, I'm sure that the rest got bumped back.
    Eldor, however, is most certainly coming as an SDCC exclusive, or something. I''m actually surprised that we haven't seen him yet.

I need Eldor for my collection.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Count me as one who also wants Eldor. As for Veena, I think she would make a perfect last figure for the line. Bookend the start of MOTUC with King Greyskull and the end of MOTUC with his wife and 1st Sorceress.

Heroic Warrior
    Eldor has to be made, Veena makes the cut as well. Beast Lord is a head pack-in tops.