Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we still going to get Veena, Gladiator, Eldor, and Beast Lord?

Eldor is the priority for me. His absence is odd since He-Ro was so early in the line.

I would be up for Veena and Eldor first. I would buy the other characters, but there are so many other characters that should get made first - especially figures from NA, POP, and 200X.

As much as I would like all of them, Eldor is a complete must followed by Veena.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

In my opinion, Eldor is a must character - as many have said.

Veena also deserves a figure.

I liked the look of Beast Lord in the mini-comic and would be interested how the 4H would differentiate him from the Beast Man figure we have. I would rather the Red Beast concept artwork character (we already have Vikor and Demo-Man) than mini-comic Beast Lord.

Gladiator I could live without. I don't think Gladiator is my much desired Grayskull cardboard Spacesuit as the design looked nothing like the vintage stand-up.

I would have liked a mini-comics Sorceress-robed Teela but given the lack of variant slots in 2013 don't see this being on the immediate horizon.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Hopefully, no.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Please someone riddle me this guys. What is so desirable about a generic 'old man' figure like Eldor? I get that he's key to the mythos and I have utmost respect for any fans choices in this hobby, but I'm utterly confused as to what makes this guy desirable as a toy. Someone help me understand!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Eldor is a very requested character.

Queen Veena is a very important character.

I will buy them without doubt!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Please someone riddle me this guys. What is so desirable about a generic 'old man' figure like Eldor? I get that he's key to the mythos and I have utmost respect for any fans choices in this hobby, but I'm utterly confused as to what makes this guy desirable as a toy. Someone help me understand!
    I guess the reason is that the picture of the prototype has been revealed for decades and many people are big fans of the Powers of Grayskull story. I believe many fans feel cheated because instead of the awesome PoG line with the cool dinosaurs, the Keldor/Skeletor origin story, the story of the three towers and the story where He-Man's power stems from, all with figures that would have been compatible in scale and style to the other vintage figures, we got the NA toys back then.
    He-Ro an Eldor have been fan demanded characters literally for decades and I guess that many feel that He-Ro is incomplete without his mentor.
    Eldor is not just a generic old man fidure. He's a symbol, a reminder of what awesomeness could have been if Mattel hadn't decided to go for the NA concept.

All in all he's the single most important unproduced figure (He-Ro was number 1, but now that we have him it's Eldor)

At least these are my personal reasons.
    Awesome sticker included!

I hope so....

Snappy Threader
    Eldor yes, Veena maybe, the others probably not.

I only want Veena if she's in her 200x colour scheme. Eldor, I'm not bothered - but TG loves his prototype figures so he's pretty much a shoe-in.

'Gladiator'? 'Bandwidth'? Nope, couldn't care less.

Eldor is a must. The others I can deal with not getting (although Veena would be a bonus). I'll be mad if we don't get him (who had a prototype in the 80's) and yet we got alot of the other concept characters first (all of which I do love).

I wonder is Eldor might turn out to be the SDCC exclusive next year. He's been a long time coming.
    Last edited by phnx75; August 9, 2012 at 03:58pm.

Out of the 4, Eldor is really the only one that I want.

As much as I understand that Veena is her own character and all, she is way down on the bottom of my want list along with other He-Man now that the line might be scaled back come 2014. Maybe in 2016 or 2017 I'd be open to her if we keep getting a minimum of 12 figures a year, but not before then.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I'd love to have Veena! The rest I could do without.

Other than Eldor, I have no interest in those other characters.

I say we MUST ABSOLUTELY get Eldor & Veena! I will feel robbed with out the two of them.
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Honestly, even though the latter were part of the 30th add-on, fans like me felt underwhelmed and I'm embarrassed they're part of the line. I'd rather have Princess of Power characters that I remember my sister playing with as a kid. I really believe recent releases/reveals like TMS and SLL were one of many reasons subs suffered this summer. Fans don't want characters that don't fit and have no feel of nostalgia.
    The 30th line shouldn't matter at all to anyone. It was a separate subscription and figures like that would not occur in a normal subscription. It was clear what it was going in and no one had to subscribe to the 30th line. There's some fuzzy thinking going on in people's brains if the 30th figures have any affect whatsoever on their decision to subscribe next year. Those were specifically separated out because they would not necessarily appeal to all MOTUC fans. And if they simply weren't made, there wouldn't have been 6 other MOTUC figures made, there would have been no extras made. And if they wanted to do a separate 6-figure POP subscription, they could've, whether or not 30th were made or not. 30th had no connection to the main line whatsoever and even less next year since it won't exist anymore.

must...get...eldor

and...maybe...veena....neeed ...more....babes...

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Eldor is the priority for me. His absence is odd since He-Ro was so early in the line.
    you can say that about Veena to, her Husband started the line! lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I guess the reason is that the picture of the prototype has been revealed for decades and many people are big fans of the Powers of Grayskull story. I believe many fans feel cheated because instead of the awesome PoG line with the cool dinosaurs, the Keldor/Skeletor origin story, the story of the three towers and the story where He-Man's power stems from, all with figures that would have been compatible in scale and style to the other vintage figures, we got the NA toys back then.
    He-Ro an Eldor have been fan demanded characters literally for decades and I guess that many feel that He-Ro is incomplete without his mentor.
    Eldor is not just a generic old man fidure. He's a symbol, a reminder of what awesomeness could have been if Mattel hadn't decided to go for the NA concept.

All in all he's the single most important unproduced figure (He-Ro was number 1, but now that we have him it's Eldor)

At least these are my personal reasons.
    But if you were a child (and let's face it the fuel of this hobby is nostalgia) and saw a generic old man toy on the pegs would you be moved to buy him- specifically this guy? Completist mentality, nostalgia, etc., I get that, but this guy just doesn't move my purchasing dollars on any level based on lack of visual appeal alone. As a kid I would have walked away from purchasing him as boring, and I can see why he most likely got missed during the 80's MOTU boom. Again, no offense meant and I can acknowledge I'm in the minority here, but still.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Eldor is accentual!!
    Veena needs a figure too.
    After them it all fun. Would like if characters like beast Lord, Grayskull Robot, Gray (He-Ro), Hek-Tor Kur (Hordak), Zeelhar, King Tamusk, MVC Council of The Wise, The Eldors, Preternia Soldiers, New Mini Comic Masters Characters, Calix and whatever else that fits.

But Eldor & Veena are a Must Have!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Yes I imagine that if Eldor had been released in the vintage line he may not have done so well, at least not without something like the cartoon to back him up in. But he has earned a "cult" status because of his prototype and "line that could have been" status. But just as a old guy on a card hanging up next to other potential PoG releases I don't think he would have done so hot.

Nostalgia makes a heck of an impact
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Eldor is on my must have list to complete my log shelf along with veena. I really hope she is 200x colors and style though...I dig the Egyptian like influence and it gives us a 200x sorceress!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I want Eldor because I'm intrigued by the character. He and He-Ro were the only figures we were teased with getting in the proposed Powers Of Grayskull line. I like the whole older wizard thing and really want to know what his Book Of Living Spells was all about. With MOTUC spanning all the eras, and with Preternia playing such a role in the bios, it would be criminal of Toyguru to panic and decide "No! No more prototypes in the line!" when fans would clearly welcome this particular character with open arms.
    Plus, if this figure had come out when I was a kid, I think I would have been sold on the accessory alone. Fold-open book with holograms of dinosaurs or whatnot inside? Sold! Plus, he would have had another part of the PoG mini-comic... and I would have got him for that as well.
    Last edited by zodak74; August 9, 2012 at 03:30pm.

Veena fulfills at least the 200X Sorceress void for me, but I don't find the MOTU meets Obi Wan Kenobi visual of Eldor appealing at all if we were to get a figure based on the original concept/proto. I would rather he be an SDCC exclusive if they are going to make him.