Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are we still going to get Veena, Gladiator, Eldor, and Beast Lord?

Heroic Warrior
    Of the 4 characters the OP mentioned- Eldor is highest priority, Veena is 2nd.

The other 2 and pretty much any other character created after the inception of MOTUC should be coming dead last behind every other pre-established character.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Darius wasn't even in the cartoon... I'm not sure why everyone is so hot for him. He's cool I guess but I'd rather have any of those other NA figures.
    He was in countless comics and promoted on the toys' cardbacks. That's actually giving him more media appearances than the Star Sisters ever had.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Eldor is given if you ask me since he is a prototype character and no concept character.

Veena is already mentioned in King Grayskulls Bio and her MYP design has been officially "classified" for the mini comics, so i hope she is on her way as well.

Gladiator or Beast Lord on the other hand... if the quality issue and new weird ideas who create new quality issues finally stop and the line is on a "healthy" track again i can see them made in a few years. For now, i donīt think the are going to happen.

(i just saw that was my 1000th entry and i took me more than two years...is that bad or good...)
    Last edited by Niki; September 13, 2012 at 12:13pm.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I would consider MOTUC a failure if they don't eventually get around to Eldor.

Veena would be cool to see, probably the only legit character they'd release to go well with KG.
    (Though a MOTUC version of Oracle would be cool too!)

The others, I wouldn't support in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I would consider MOTUC a failure if they don't eventually get around to Eldor.
    Wow... a failure based on one missing figure? That seems a little harsh. Perhaps incomplete, but far from a failure.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Wow... a failure based on one missing figure? That seems a little harsh. Perhaps incomplete, but far from a failure.
    The figures themselves aren't failures. Well, most of 'em anyway.

What I mean is, the line was meant to be a compendium, and there was always chief importance placed on getting characters that we never got before, that were intended but never released.

In that category, top characters would be Marlena, Adora, Shadow Weaver, and He-Ro, and for me Eldor comes next.

So yeah, if end up with SLL, Spector, Cy-Chop . . . but no Eldor, that to me is a failing of the original intention of the line.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd say any of them are on the table, but probably only as a con exclusive. I really don't think there'd be a majority of people who'd complain if a concept/prototype character was still used to fill a con slot, even after the roadmap reworking, and there'd probably be more people complaining if they made an 'essential' character like Mantenna, Two-Bad, or even Modulok, an exclusive.

Bottom line: As long as the line is going and Mattel is still making Con exclusives, I think there's a real chance that at least one of these four shows up (my money's on Eldor, if I had to pick one).

Who are bandwidth and red shadow, where did they appear and where did these names come from? Anyone have any pics of them. Please explain. In regards to Beast Lord, all it is a new head so no really interested in a figure of him, but Gladiator, maybe. Want to see more of him.beast lord gladiator.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Who are bandwidth and red shadow, where did they appear and where did these names come from? Anyone have any pics of them. Please explain. In regards to Beast Lord, all it is a new head so no really interested in a figure of him, but Gladiator, maybe. Want to see more of him.beast lord gladiator.jpg
    IIRC the only information we've ever received on these guys was a verbal names list from TG. No pics, no character descriptions, just names. I asked about character descriptions, pics, but never heard anything back in the 'Ask Matty' thread.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Eldor is the only must from this list of characters. I wouldn't mind Veena, but I have zero interest in Gladiator and Beast Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Eldor is a must.
    I agree. Also, I strongly believe Eldor would be the ideal choice for a sub exclusive figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    IIRC the only information we've ever received on these guys was a verbal names list from TG. No pics, no character descriptions, just names. I asked about character descriptions, pics, but never heard anything back in the 'Ask Matty' thread.
    Thanks for that clarification,that clears alot of confusion up,when did TG Mention these names as new potential characters?

I'm certain we'll see Eldor soon. Veena is also pretty likely I'd imagine. I'd really like to see Gladiator and Beast Lord to round out the first Masters, but I think they're priority dropped to the bottom about a month ago.

I would be interested in having all of those characters, but mostly Beast Lord. Beast Man, hasnt ever really had a variant so Beast Lord could fill that void.

I think it would be great to eventually get these characters in some way or another, once the main MOTU favorites have all been released. Interest could rise once we get more information about the Son of He-Man era. I like the idea of Dare time traveling back to the time of King Grayskull (perhaps just after King Grayskull dies, the Snakemen are put into hibernation, and the Horde are banished to Despondos) to train with the original Masters of the Universe. Maybe after his traning, Dare and Sir Lasorlot travel back with The Mighty Spector to the future where Sir Lasor Lot takes his place as King He-Man's new Man-At-Arms and continues to counsel Dare until he is old enough to inherit the power of Grayskull for himself.
    Wolfman Jake

Heroic Warrior
    As long as new characters give me old school MOTU feeling, I would buy them. I'm really enjoying Demo Man & Draego Man.

There are brief images of characters that are presumed to be Bandwidth and Red Shadow in the 2nd mini-comic as they appear at He-Ro's funeral, but you only see them from the back so there's not really much to go on.

As for when TG dropped these names, it was on June 21st over at the Matty forums in response to a question posted by vertigoink. Here's what TG said:

Gladiator, Bandwidth, Red Shadow and Beast Lord were new characters introduced as part of Grayskull's group of Preternia warriors along with Spector and Sir Laser Lot. Terry's character appears in issue 3.

I've noted a few times that management wanted to use the 30th program to move the brand forward and introduce new worlds and characters. The mini comics are part of this.
    Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    There are brief images of characters that are presumed to be Bandwidth and Red Shadow in the 2nd mini-comic as they appear at He-Ro's funeral, but you only see them from the back so there's not really much to go on.

As for when TG dropped these names, it was on June 21st over at the Matty forums in response to a question posted by vertigoink. Here's what TG said:

Regards,
    Victor P.
    Excellent Victor, that clears it up even more for me, I dont have the second minicomic in front of me but I dont remember these characters in the panel, when i get my comic back i will check it out. And now the third mini comic has introduced, we have that 4 armed horde screwdriver guy.

If the line were a bit healthier, a sub-line for Powers of Grayskull would be ideal for these characters.

Eldor should be made for sure. A good SDCC choice. Do it like He Ro....both had prototypes so let's finally give the fans this figure.

I suspect the last of the random surprised will be in the 2013 lineup. A full 2014 line up, even of just 12 figures, will likely only be the most fan demanded figures from the different factions.

I see it like this (examples allowing they don't arrive in 2013)

2014 Basic 12 Figures (Most Requested/Popular)
    Rio Blast, Gwildor, Extendar, Two Bad, Blade, Saurod, Hydron, Flogg, Angella, Glimmer, Scorpia, Sea Hawk.

Two pack or small pack possibilities would be limited to the most fan requested, too, allowing that they were possible. It would still be one heck of a strong line up of much needed figures, and there are still so many more we need!

***I also want to say how much I LOVE the 2013 lineup so far. It's the best yet, and I'm saying that even with only a few figures I'm truly thrilled for. It's going to be a great year, and Scott has done a terrific job.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I always figured Preeternia He-Man as the Eldor. I am not sure why they didn't give him a second head to go further in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I really Hope that Veena makes it into the 2013 line. Just do Veena's wings right and no ugly drums Mattel.
    Something like this?

(Forgive the weird wing pose; the sealant I applied to the back of the wings is still drying. )

These are the wings from the DCUC Hawkman that was in the TRU two-packs. They're a tad too big and heavy for the female buck, but I think this would be the right direction to go in for the winged MOTUC ladies. Even though the wing mechanism is still ugly, it's far less noticeable than the wing drums - and she can move her arms!

If the DC team can "borrow the shoulders" for DKR Batman, I would think the MOTUC team can "borrow" this wing design (if not the exact sculpt).

----

Eldor should be in the line if for no other reason than he was an unproduced prototype. Veena is also a major character in 200x (she was wife of KG and the first Sorceress) and could be a stand-in for 200x Sorceress.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; September 30, 2012 at 12:26pm.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Here's what gladiator looks like

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I, of course want Veena and Eldor. Out of the concepts shown above, I would gladly own The Great Black Wizard and Gladiator. The others don't really do it for me.

Also...The Great Black Wizard looks like he uses Nepthu's armbands...
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 20, 2013 at 09:03pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah