Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are we still going to get Veena, Gladiator, Eldor, and Beast Lord?

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    We need Eldor, Darius and Mara on MOTUC stat!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I would love to get these figures, especially Veena and Eldor. But Mattel really should do those figures after 2014, and concentrate on vintage characters first. If they do otherwise, there won't be enough subcriptions for 2014, because Scott broke his promise. I think there could be a strong year 2015 without vintage figures but with all these amazing Filmation, 200x, PoP, NA and Comic Characters.
    "A female He-Man. Ooh oh. This is the worst day of my life."

ELDOR, for sure!

Veena.. possibly.. not a biggie for me.

the rest.. no thanks! we have so many other figures that were produced which dont belong in the motu mythos imo.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    ELDOR, for sure!
    Yes, Eldor is really a must have! I'm sure Mattel is aware of Eldor.

About the other, a big yes for Veena. But I'd prefer Goat Man, Prahvus or Batros than Gladior and Beast Lord (even if they are really cool).

I'm sure it's not the end for obscure characters Don't worry!

I hope we get them all! Especially Beast Lord...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Eldor is on my must have list to complete my log shelf along with veena. I really hope she is 200x colors and style though...I dig the Egyptian like influence and it gives us a 200x sorceress!
    thats how i would want veena too.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I hope Eldor and to a lesser extent Veena make it into MOTUC one day... I really don't care about the other two.

Complete the core factions of POP and NA, give us fan favourites' Filmation and Vintage figures and if there's still some life in MOTUC after that, throw one or two concepts characters a year...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post
    The 30th line shouldn't matter at all to anyone. It was a separate subscription and figures like that would not occur in a normal subscription. It was clear what it was going in and no one had to subscribe to the 30th line. There's some fuzzy thinking going on in people's brains if the 30th figures have any affect whatsoever on their decision to subscribe next year. Those were specifically separated out because they would not necessarily appeal to all MOTUC fans. And if they simply weren't made, there wouldn't have been 6 other MOTUC figures made, there would have been no extras made. And if they wanted to do a separate 6-figure POP subscription, they could've, whether or not 30th were made or not. 30th had no connection to the main line whatsoever and even less next year since it won't exist anymore.
    I speak for myself here, but I think it was bad timing that arguably all the worst, underwhelming, and unwanted MOTUC figures were revealed around the same time as the 2013 sub sale - The Mighty Spector in May, Snake Man-At-Arms in June, Vykron in July, and Sir Laser Lot in August. 4 months of hated unknowns by some. Add that with another mainly unwanted 3 pack reveal of the Fighting Foe Men (I actually like them), on top of higher prices and continued DR problems, it hurt sub sales. All this leaves a bad taste in the mouth of fans, and casual subscribers. At the end of the day, although a lot of these were out of the regular sub, it hurt the fantastic execution and nostalgia of MOTUC.

So, I hope we don't see Beast Lord or Gladiator, they represent inferior MOTUC, and hurt more than they help to keep the line and interest strong.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I care about Veena moreso than Eldor, but I would get him too. And I hope she's in her normal MYP colors too.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I really want Eldor. The other three I could live without.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    But if you were a child (and let's face it the fuel of this hobby is nostalgia) and saw a generic old man toy on the pegs would you be moved to buy him- specifically this guy? Completist mentality, nostalgia, etc., I get that, but this guy just doesn't move my purchasing dollars on any level based on lack of visual appeal alone. As a kid I would have walked away from purchasing him as boring, and I can see why he most likely got missed during the 80's MOTU boom. Again, no offense meant and I can acknowledge I'm in the minority here, but still.
    But we aren't children. That's how we can easily buy the Filmation version of Queen Marlena, a character who isn't known for her battlefield prowess. Heck, fans want background characters such as Dekker, Melaktha, King Miro, Master Sebrian and Eldor.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    But if you were a child (and let's face it the fuel of this hobby is nostalgia) and saw a generic old man toy on the pegs would you be moved to buy him- specifically this guy? Completist mentality, nostalgia, etc., I get that, but this guy just doesn't move my purchasing dollars on any level based on lack of visual appeal alone. As a kid I would have walked away from purchasing him as boring, and I can see why he most likely got missed during the 80's MOTU boom. Again, no offense meant and I can acknowledge I'm in the minority here, but still.
    Dude I totally want an Eldor, he is the Obi-Wan Kenobi of MOTU. I honestly feel he adds something because he is not a warrior or beast, he would be somewhat unique. We have almost a hundred warriors, we need at least one wise old man. I also used my 3 sub votes to try and get a Songster, MOTU needs its minstrel. Who else will spread the tales of the He Man!
    Last edited by orbles; August 9, 2012 at 11:36pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I also used my 3 sub votes to try and get a Songster, MOTU needs its minstrel. Who else will spread the tales of the He Man!
    How about Bow? He's a bard & I have to believe that he followed Adora/She-Ra to Eternia, lovesick puppy that he is. All the same, I hope we get Songster eventually though hopefully not as garishly dressed as the original.

Now to the question at hand: Eldor - an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE!! He's one of the first characters I thought of when this line was announced along with He-Ro. The Line will be incomplete without him.

Veena - I would definitely love to have her! Grayskull needs his Queen & she's our best shot at getting a "200X-esque Sorceress" type character in the line. I don't imagine that most folks would go for a third version of our dear Sorceress at this point. (Personally, I wanted Battleground Teela to be a new Character & I'm treating Vykron as 3 new Characters rather than 1 dude with 3 suits.) Plus, I would greatly prefer her in the 200X colors to set her apart.

The 2012 Mini Comic Characters: I would be interested, but their chances are rather slim at this point for the foreseeable future.

By the way, where exactly did we see & get the names "Red Shadow" & "Bandwidth"? Are they in the second 2012 Mini? I can see a character that might be Red Shadow in one of the battle panels, but I'm not sure about Bandwidth (funeral panel? I just figured that was Gladiator). Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

I would love to see any and all figures from the mini-comics, prototypes, cartoons, movies, and concept. Eldor and Veena (out of this posted list) especially. But since Scott said they're gonna "stop with the concept figures" (quote from video at 1:42: Toyguru Mekaneck Preview & 2013 Subscription Update on 30 July), I don't see it happening. They're gonna make the figures that already had a figure (MOTU, POP, NAHM), and some from the cartoons (Jetlag and FILMation most notably although I haven't heard anything against MYP). I wish we could see the line expand with more than just repeat figures, but many have spoken [loudly] and new figures won't be made anymore past the Foe Men trio. Phooey!

Luckily, I made a custom Eldor a few years ago, so my collection will have at least that.
    Last edited by Mistico; August 10, 2012 at 12:45pm.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I want Eldor with his Book of Living Spells (it better open and have real holograms, just like we remember! ), and Veena (MYP colours!). The others...no thank you.

Beast Lord is Beastman with a new head, basically. Kind of boring, in my opinion. Gladiator didn't do anything and all you see of him in the comic: his head and hand in the group shot, the back of his cape in the last shot. We don't even know what he looks like!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm sure we'll get Eldor at some point in the next 2 years since he's been a highly requested character for years, not to mention he's already been mentioned in He-Ro's bio and seen in the mini-comic. Veena, I'd hope we'd get to her as well since she's Grayskull's wife, not to mention the first Sorceress (that we know of).

As for the others, I'd like to see them in the line at some point and hope they will, but not until most of the heavy hitters from the other factions (NA, PoP, 200x, Filmation, Vintage) have been produced.

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    I would love to see any and all figures from the mini-comics, prototypes, cartoons, movies, and concept. Eldor and Veena (out of this posted list) especially. But since Scott said they're gonna "stop with the concept figures" (quote from video at 1:42: Toyguru Mekaneck Preview & 2013 Subscription Update on 30 July), I don't see it happening. They're gonna make the figures that already had a figure (MOTU, POP, NAHM), and some from the cartoons (Jetlag and FILMation most notably although I haven't heard anything against MYP). I wish we could see the line expand with more than just repeat figures, but many have spoken [loudly] and new figures won't be made anymore past the Foe Men trio. Phooey!

Luckily, I made a custom Eldor a few years ago, so my collection will have at least that.
    I think TG has a way of speaking, ass backwards, some times leaves it open for interpretation, so concept to me is like Sir Lasor Lot and Spector, not Eldor or Veena, they are not concepts, they are realized characters...at least in my opinion, so they dont count with the no more concept figures idea. IMO

I Love what Scott has done for this line,I Love this line .... I still want to see new Figuresas well as POP,POG,FILMATION,NA,87' MOVIE(ONE DAY HOPEFULLY),MINI COMICS,CROSSOVERS,NEW CONCEPTS AS WELL AS OLD...MOTUC IS MY FAVORITE LINE I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT GO..HECK I WANT TO SEE IT GROW! This is the best Line ever period! I don't want to collect a new line that isn't MOTU...I wish to see it continue for years to come! Thank you Scott! Keep doing a great Job with this line!

VEENA DEFINITELY YES.
    ELDOR DEFINITELY YES.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Snappy Threader
    I want them all, but I do believe we will see Eldor for sure, Veena almost for sure, the others...i'm not real sure about anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Gladiator didn't do anything and all you see of him in the comic: his head and hand in the group shot, the back of his cape in the last shot. We don't even know what he looks like!
    Yeah, I'd like to see the character before I decide if I'd be interested in a figure, lol.
    Beast Lord might be okay, kind of cool. Veena is a no-brainer, not on my top ten list though.
    I understand the desire for Eldor, and he should be made, but I'm not that interested in him tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But we aren't children. That's how we can easily buy the Filmation version of Queen Marlena, a character who isn't known for her battlefield prowess. Heck, fans want background characters such as Dekker, Melaktha, King Miro, Master Sebrian and Eldor.
    I don't, honestly I want the pre-200X we don't have yet, before we see anyone else come into the line.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Eldor please!!! We've waited so long! I really want to see what they come up with for his Book of Living Spells!
    I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.

I really Hope that Veena makes it into the 2013 line. Just do Veena's wings right and no ugly drums Mattel.

I'd take Veena with Angella's wings... especially if they include a second MYP Sorceress head with her...

I want the following from MYP:

Veena
    Prahvus
    Dactys
    Odiphus

From NA:

Mara
    Hydron
    Sebrian
    Crita
    Flogg
    Quakke

Darius wasn't even in the cartoon... I'm not sure why everyone is so hot for him. He's cool I guess but I'd rather have any of those other NA figures.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.