View Poll Results: How do you want Modulok represented in MOTUC?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Toyline version?

48 36.64%
  • Filmation Version?

43 32.82%
  • Give me both darn it!

40 30.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaign for Filmation Modulok in MOTUC

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

Campaign for Filmation Modulok in MOTUC

Now, I know he won't be "just as you remember" but since the MOTUC line is likely to include less beasts/oversized figures going forward, I'm worried that they won't produce Modulok in the pull apart and rearrange into lots of different creatures style he was in the 80's before the end of the line since it will involve too much new tooling.

I think the best solution to get Modulok made would be for Mattel to make him as he looked in the Filmation series, as it wouldn't take that much tooling.

What do you think?

I'd hate for the line to end without Modulok represented in any way we can get him.

Should we start a campaign to make Toyguru and Mattel aware that we want Filmation Modulok if they can't produce the original toy version?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    I'll take a non-modular Modulok if that's the only way we'll get him but I'd prefer a full-on Classic remake 100x more.

Don't understand the point of the poll though. I'm already certain how the results will turn out...

I didn't vote, but this will predictably end with "Original Toyline version" winning....then when he is subsequently released as such, ppl will complain of the "muppet" heads.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I want both in one.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I want both versions in one like Emiliano's design:

MOTUC-Modulok.jpg

modulok.jpg
    modulok.jpg
    TheTreacheryOfModulokusa.jpg
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I'd want both in one like in Emiliano's Vision.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I'd be happy with the Filmation version, with removable arms like Trap-Jaw being enough to reflect his 'modular' nature.. The original toy is, in my view, a big load and I'd hate to see a Classics release echo it too closely.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Filmation design with the original toy's gimmick of course.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post

Yeah, frankly I dont see why they wouldnt have this built into it already. MInd you, I dont know that Modulok will happen now, but if they do him, it'll be like this.

Mind you as well, I would kinda want the purple black bits more like an armour on his chest, so he can take it off, rather than a paint app, but I'd be ok if they did do that. But if it were an "armour" it would be even better to have both with it for filmation and not with as per toy.

Snappy Threader
    I'd be happy with either.

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    I want both of them, possibly with a removable chest horde symbol!
    Last edited by Mamblo; August 22, 2012 at 08:58am.

Filmation please [with option to make it look like the vintage toy if you wanted]

Heroic Warrior
    It's absolutely possible to make one figure that can be combined as Filmation version or vintage version. So why give up on something? If Mattel put enough resources in this figure everybody will be happy.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Filmation please!

Filmation would be fine by me.

LOVE the design above. I'd be all in on that design!

Can't you just make a Filmation version from the parts of a vintage-inspired Classics figure?

I know there are a few differences between the 2 designs but they aren't that big.

Emilliano's design above is really the best option. It's the best of both worlds.

Modulok has to have all his removeable body parts. It's his whole gimmick. Modulok without his "parts" is like: Trap-Jaw with only one weapon, Tri-Klops with only one eye, Spikor with no spikes, Whiplash with no tail, Stinkor with no smell, Grizzlor with no hair, Man-At-Arms with no weapons, Fisto with no fist, Man-E-Faces with only one face....you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Now, I know he won't be "just as you remember" but since the MOTUC line is likely to include less beasts/oversized figures going forward, I'm worried that they won't produce Modulok in the pull apart and rearrange into lots of different creatures style he was in the 80's before the end of the line since it will involve too much new tooling.

I think the best solution to get Modulok made would be for Mattel to make him as he looked in the Filmation series, as it wouldn't take that much tooling.

What do you think?
    Nothing really to worry about.

Just look at Ram Man. He's proof that Mattel can still do fully tooled large figures. Modulok could be done the same way as an over sized figure. Modulok and Two Bad both need to be done in this manner. I personally would rather have another "deluxe" figure like Ram Man than a 3 pack of awful characters as a quarterly variant.

The tooling that goes into him would be a lot but Mattel could reuse it with several different figures like the NA characters and even Mantenna.
    Last edited by Bonehead; November 29, 2012 at 06:05pm.

I think they should put out the vintage toy version as a quarterly slot ($30-40) in the 2014 sub and then they should put out a Filmation version ($25) as a con exclusive. But both versions should have removable arms, legs, torso, etc so you can buy both versions and mix parts with them.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

I just hate the connector pieces with Modulok. I'd rather have a separate torso with sockets for four arms and two heads than those connector pieces.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I want the Filmation version, seems more muscular/solid than the vintage style. And his face in Filmation is so crazy and cool. He looks so deranged!

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    I want both versions in one like Emiliano's design:
    Absolutely this!!
    GozzoMan, Heroic Cherry Picker

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I support Emiliano's visions version.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Filmation Version cause I have seen the orginal toy version and its not that good. So I would say filmation since it would have the same color and now better movement.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Most definately the original toy version!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!