Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35

Thread: Good base body for Bionatops custom?

  1. #26
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    I cant wait to see this custom!!!
    The dinosaur seems pretty in MOTUC minicomics scale (maybe a little bigger) but the hard art will be the techno-legs, any hint from what youre thinking for those?...
    I will sculpt over the existing legs

    have you ever think about a preternia sisguise snakeman as seen in the minicomic you showed? the one he man took the clothes from...
    Yes I have and I want to make one as soon as I get another PD He-Man
    I'm also pretty surprised noone actually has made one yet
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  2. #27
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Yes I know.
    Well the blaster was drawn bigger in the comic anyway
    Also it was drawn as a hybrid of the two guns of the vintage Bionatops. It's not exactly the same as the figure got.
    I think I'll use some parts I've got in my custom fodder box to build a construction on his head to create an articulated gun turret. it will also look bigger like that.

    Talking about guns...

    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...atops-guns.jpg

    In this drawing he has two more guns that appear to be protruding from his back (or his sides?). Any idea what would work scale- and look-wise?Also - the silver thing on the right of the Bionatops isa supposed to be his tail right? Why isn't it green? More techno virus? And how could that tail be bent so far to be in front of that turret? Doesn't really make sense...

    The blaster of Optikk looked similar. But as you can see it's too puny:
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...cta---guns.jpg
    True, but the vinatage toy guns were still bigger in comparison to the body.

    I thought that was suppose to be a movement swoosh showing that the guns popped up and aroun, but it's not on the other one.

    I figure some 12" soldier lines would have weapons that can be used as bases. then just customize the rest. Man I wanna do this so bad!! I REALLY want a turbodactyl though, I loved that thing, still have mine, but missing the top of the head
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  3. #28
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    True, but the vinatage toy guns were still bigger in comparison to the body.

    I thought that was suppose to be a movement swoosh showing that the guns popped up and aroun, but it's not on the other one.

    I figure some 12" soldier lines would have weapons that can be used as bases. then just customize the rest. Man I wanna do this so bad!!
    I just ordered the collectA trike. Can't wait to start working on him!
    For the guns I'm right now looking at some of McFarlane's Spawn figures. Some of them had huge cannons that might be useful.
    But the turret on his head definately will feature the bionatops blaster of PDHM - plus some add-ons...


    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I REALLY want a turbodactyl though, I loved that thing, still have mine, but missing the top of the head
    I was thinking about making a MOTUC Turbodactyl aswell. A good pterosaur to base this on would be an Ornithocheirus. But I haven't found one in scale so far.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  4. #29
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,982
    I was thinking of doing it from scratch, butI REALLY have to finish what I've started before I start a new project

    what's the eta on the trike? I'm excited to see it come along/
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  5. #30
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,636
    To be honest - I don't know when he'll arrive. He was already dispatched today, but it will take some time until customs are finished with it...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  6. #31
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,982
    Went to TRU, I can't bring myself to get that one, I think i'd have to do too much surgery and I fear the material.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  7. #32
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Went to TRU, I can't bring myself to get that one, I think i'd have to do too much surgery and I fear the material.
    I totally understand you. I myself had that Trike in hands a dozen times. Glad I never bought one.
    The one by collectA will be worth it though! Right now I'm using the Geoworld Triceratops as "guinea pig" for the real deal
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  8. #33
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I totally understand you. I myself had that Trike in hands a dozen times. Glad I never bought one.
    The one by collectA will be worth it though! Right now I'm using the Geoworld Triceratops as "guinea pig" for the real deal
    well i'm excited to see how it turns out, is the collect A expenisve?
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  9. #34
    scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Skeletor's back
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    well i'm excited to see how it turns out, is the collect A expenisve?
    It is indeed...
    I was able to get one for 110 € including shipping. And that was cheap compared to what I've seen in some shops.
    Today I received some parts that will be very handy in creating his blasters and attachments.

    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

  10. #35
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    It is indeed...
    I was able to get one for 110 € including shipping. And that was cheap compared to what I've seen in some shops.
    Today I received some parts that will be very handy in creating his blasters and attachments.

    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...onaweapons.jpg
    WOW! I can't afford that yet. but those extra pieces look great!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •