Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saryn in MOTUC

Saryn in MOTUC

So Keldors Mother was finally revealed in one of the DC comics. The murderer of grayskull, cursed on Anwat Gar till Shera came to get her sword of protection from her. From a story point she is an important character, and as an action figure she has a couple different ways we could display her, one as seen from the Blood of grayskull comic, and also in her witch form, so an inter changeable head and lower arm, showing how the sword burned her skin off for all the years she held it. As a weapon, she could come with that ancient snake short sword/dagger from the comic.
    HEMMU-18-4-33d49.jpg

Last edited by facet; September 6, 2015 at 01:08am.

I don't know how they'd pull off both her looks, as she has a different costume and is a completely different size, although I guess it'd be cool to see them try.

I'm intrigued by this character and hope we get more of her backstory, particularly how she came to bear Skeletor. What was King Miro thinking?!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Would totally love to see a Saryn Witch figure!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Not Interested, There are better characters that deserve to be made first.

Would fans rather sacrifice Granita, Hunga The harpy, Kittrina, 200x sorceress or 200x evil-lyn to have Saryn in MOTUC Collectors choice?
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

I could go for a figure of her. It would have to be a two-Pak...one normal sized figure, and one oversized, beast figure. BUT, I would need for Mattel to rework the story to fit within classics continuity.

Sign me up for a figure of Skeletor's mom!!

She may be new and there are plenty of characters who have been wanted for far longer, but she is a crucial character to the mythos.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

This would be a fun character to get, especially with the history and relevance bestowed upon her in the comic.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I'd like to get her in figure form. I think a DC mini-sub with her included would be great! We could get the Sorceress of Serpos, the Sorceress of Horokoth, Fancy Pants He-Man, Teela-At-Arms...it could be a lot of fun!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I really want a Saryn. I'd say this is the only new character I've liked from the new comics.
    I loved how King Grayskull died in this version. She deserves a figure
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Saryn and Miro's wife would both be nice to have....as would Miro himself come to think of it. I hope we eventually get to them all. I don't know how Saryn's two forms will work, but I think I want her non-monster form more. The monsterous version's design does not look very thought out to me and would require a lot of revision to become a figure IMO.
    Last edited by gbagok; September 7, 2015 at 11:08am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I would take Saryn. The two forms would be tricky, but it would be an awesome figure to have, and add a new dimension the mythos
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

I wouldn't mind her in a few years after all of NA but not too bothered.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Not while there is so many awesome fan choice & other deserving characters in motu to consider.
    I dont care to have her
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I want her.

Since she is Skeletor's mother and at least in one continuity the murderer of King Grayskull, I feel she's got a bit more gravitas to her than many of the "other deserving characters" that have been invoke in all of Facet's recent character support threads. She's a relevant figure in the mythology, like King Miro who also deserves a figure as much as any pet favorites (including mine). I hope we will see a Four Horsemen rendering of her before the line is over be it sooner or later.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

This character is important in story terms so I would welcome her before many of the Left over NA characters.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Saryn is a crucial character in the DC MOTU continuity, because it connects King Grayskull, the mistrust and hate towards the Gar, Miro's history, Keldor's birth, the Sword of Protection and ultimatelly She-Ra, all together. The entire story couldn't be told without Saryn. And for those that follow the DC comics, they know that she is also a very tragic, interesting and three dimensional character. Cursed by the blood of the person that she loved more than anyone in the world, and that she was deceived by lies to spill! A great and important character, and awesomely well written for a newcomer (perhaps the best one, from all the new MOTU characters introduced the past 7 years). If i could choose only one character from the DC comics to have as a figure, apart from Despara, she would be her, without second thought. I would love to come with both her normal and the cursed Witch form. The last one is also Adora's first great challenge in the DC canon!

Last edited by granamyr80; September 7, 2015 at 12:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    This character is important in story terms so I would welcome her before many of the Left over NA characters.
    But would you feel the same way if POP charaters like granita or Hunga the harpy we sacrificed to have saryn in MOTUC collectors Choice?
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    So she Kill's Grayskull??? What of Hordak?

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    So she Kill's Grayskull??? What of Hordak?
    In DC's telling of it, King Grayskull survived the battle with Hordak. He was betrayed by Saryn and the Gar who were manipulated to turn on him by King Hssss.

She may be relevant in the DC comic canon but not in mine.

I have no interest in a character like this when we still have many more deserving characters.

If Mattel did a DC Comic mini-sub, fine. But in CC...nope.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Sign me up for a figure of Skeletor's mom!!

She may be new and there are plenty of characters who have been wanted for far longer, but she is a crucial character to the mythos.
    I agree! I'll take one!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    In DC's telling of it, King Grayskull survived the battle with Hordak. He was betrayed by Saryn and the Gar who were manipulated to turn on him by King Hssss.
    Why is it that MOTU/She-Ra is the ONLY line where anyone can make up their own "canon"

It conflicts with what Mattel is doing...

I remember Toyguru stating that anyone can interpret their form of "Cannon" doesn't that nullify the term canon? There has to be some sort of story/background

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Why is it that MOTU/She-Ra is the ONLY line where anyone can make up their own "canon"

It conflicts with what Mattel is doing...

I remember Toyguru stating that anyone can interpret their form of "Cannon" doesn't that nullify the term canon? There has to be some sort of story/background
    It's called Multiverse, different and alternative versions of an entire franchise and its characters, but each one of them is part of a biggest Multiverse, without the one cancelling or influencing the other. MOTU Multiverse has the minicomicverse, the Filmationverse, the 200Xverse, the Classicsverse and the DCverse. And this is not an exclusive of MOTU. Marvel and DC they are multiverses for years now, and long before MOTU did (Marvel has the 616verse, the Ultimateverse, MCUverse etc, DC has Earth One, Earth Two and so on). Also the background of a character changes from one universe/canon to another. For example Magneto is a good guy and leader of the X-Men in the Age of Apocalypse and a villain in the main 616 Universe. Or Wonder Woman can be the daughter of Zeus and the God of War in the N52, but not in the pre-Flashpoint Universe.
    Last edited by granamyr80; September 7, 2015 at 07:32pm.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    It's called Multiverse, different and alternative versions of an entire franchise and its characters, but each one of them is part of a biggest Multiverse, without the one cancelling or influencing the other. MOTU Multiverse has the minicomicverse, the Filmationverse, the 200Xverse, the Classicsverse and the DCverse. And this is not an exclusive of MOTU. Marvel and DC they are multiverses for years now, and long before MOTU did (Marvel has the 616verse, the Ultimateverse, MCUverse etc, DC has Earth One, Earth Two and so on). Also the background of a character changes from one universe/canon to another. For example Magneto is a good guy and leader of the X-Men in the Age of Apocalypse and a villain in the main 616 Universe. Or Wonder Woman can be the daughter of Zeus and the God of War in the N52, but not in the pre-Flashpoint Universe.
    Marvel has different universe's and they are called that Ultimate,Zombie Verse etc. MOTU has never had that so why now???

Oh so in a robot chicken episode then Orko becomes He-Man and that's in canon? No but it's multiverse and not part of CANON Canon is the real universe (Like Marvel,DC has) MOTU has all of these as a PART except for Robot Chicken,Fan Fiction,etc. Why are other companies allowed to change the mythos??

When you had artists write stories or draw Comics for Star Wars it had to be approved by Lucasfilm and THEY decided (Disney now) what canon was and most fans accept it MOTU should have something like this because anyone can MAKE UP any story etc.