Thread: DC52 Goddess in MOTUC

Golems for 2016!

DC52 Goddess in MOTUC

Including the DC Comics version of Goddess in the newest poll presents an opportunity for MOTU fans to let Mattel know that we want a replacement in our collections for the Goddess figure we already received. Polls have shown that roughly a third of the Goddess figures already opened have damaged hips, necks and other parts as the result of a manufacturing error. The redesigned Goddess figure would give us a non-translucent version with a stylish snake staff, cape, and non-articulated abs. The figure could be designed in a way that we can easily swap the parts from our existing Goddess figure onto the new one to display her in classic mini comic form or with the new DC 52 look. Ideally it would be better to introduce her in the polls after the supporting comic book has already been released, so it's important MOTU fans vote for her now so that we can give her a proper comparison in the next round of voting when we've had a chance to see more of her. Issue #12 comes out 4/30. Follow the link below for a teaser!

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/he-ma...he-universe-12

Last edited by AdultCollector; April 21, 2014 at 05:45pm.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Including the DC Comics version of Goddess in the newest poll presents an opportunity for MOTU fans to let Mattel know that we want a replacement in our collections for the Goddess figure we already received. Polls have shown that roughly a third of the Goddess figures already opened have damaged hips, necks and other parts as the result of a manufacturing error. The redesigned Goddess figure would give us a non-translucent version with a stylish snake staff, cape, and non-articulated abs. The figure could be designed in a way that we can easily swap the parts from our existing Goddess figure onto the new one to display her in classic mini comic form or with the new DC 52 look. Ideally it would be better to introduce her in the polls after the supporting comic book has already been released, so it's important MOTU fans vote for her now so that we can give her a proper comparison in the next round of voting when we've had a chance to see more of her. Issue #12 comes out 4/30. Follow the link below for a teaser!

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/he-ma...he-universe-12

http://i.minus.com/ibxbSv0kHVJGQ.jpg

http://i1.minus.com/ibfDqDLCHqif77.jpg
    Sounds logical to me. Though based on recent interviews, we have a few years before expecting any re-do's and New 52 inspired designs. Still, based on the figure's history and this one's different design, I wouldn't be surprised if she would be towards the top of Matty's re-do list come after 2016.

Heroic Warrior
    Not at all interested in anything out of the DC comics. Not at all.

I don't like anything about them - and given the precipitous slide in sales since inception it doesn't look as if I'm on my own in rejecting them, either.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd buy her.

While my Goddess hasn't broke yet, I never liked the translucent version that we got in 2009.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'd buy her.

While my Goddess hasn't broke yet, I never liked the translucent version that we got in 2009.
    Mine has, so I'm more then ready to buy that redesign. Judging from the cover, she seems to have more of a Frazetta-ish redesign that suits my collection anyway, though I understand that doesn't please everyone. If they do the New52 designs, guess it's best to sprinkle them lightly within whatever else they'll have by then (assuming all the vintage figures will be done by then).

I don't like much of the DC series design-wise, but the Goddess looks great on that cover and I'd take a figure of her.

I love this design of her. Would make a great figure.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

This is a fantastic alternate look for The Goddess, and I would love to add her to my collection. (As far as DC goes, The Goddess, Despara, and any look for Teela would be great to me.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

even though I know the Green Goddess was a mess for alot of people (myself included. took 2 or 3 years but yeah it broke, but I fixed it) I dont need to get another of her. Mine is fine post fix (for now) and I dont want a second.

However, yes verily yes I would buy this awesome looking design. Oh goddess yes. now this is something I could put to display. My Goddess is with the Preternians. This Goddess could go with my Royal Family.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all over this even if my Goddess is unbroken and looking fine. Anytime a figure who is not Teela is not wearing the exact same tunic, I am happy. This design brings her into her own and makes her more than Teela repainted.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

Did they make her evil in that comic? I hope not.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Did they make her evil in that comic? I hope not.
    She hasn't actually shown up yet. However, in the comic continuity they have apparently made the Goddess the same entity as Zoar, Serpos, and the Starseed. As described she is kind of an uncaring, aloof goddess who wouldn't particularly care if humanity gets wiped out by the Horde. But then it turned out the guy saying all this was

King Hiss in disguise

so who knows how truthful those statements turn out to be.

Golems for 2016!
    Goddess survived Poll#11 and will be joining the other finalists in Round 2! Give her your support in Week 7 and help bring her to Classics!

Last edited by AdultCollector; April 21, 2014 at 05:45pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    LOL! It's another Teela variant!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

My Goddess figure is still holding up fine but that's because I don't move her at all, which is a shame. I'd like to pose her in all sorts of neat combat stances but I'm afraid her legs will pop off.

I always thought a 2.0 Goddess would be cool and this redesign of her would be nice to have. I'd like to see her done in opaque green plastic, rather than the translucent stuff, to further make her a unique variant. That way, I could have her back to training He-Men full time!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!