View Poll Results: Do you want MOTUC Netossa in your collection?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

132 73.74%
  • No

47 26.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want MOTUC Netossa in your collection?

Do you want MOTUC Netossa in your collection?

Source

So you want MOTUC Netossa in your collection? Or do you wish Mattel chose a different character to include in the line? Is this figure worth ~$26 + shipping?

I'm not the biggest POP fan, though I have watched all the episodes and could have easily picked ~7 characters from it that would have made much better figures than Netossa, who if memory serves only received a single appearance in the show. Even then she didn't do anything besides being captured by the Horde. The design is painfully bland, and the plastic net reminds me of some product you'd see in a kitchen or bathroom. She comes with a shield for an accessory and that's it. Ugly light blue hair and black eyebrows. If it comes with the subscription, at least it can be resold.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; August 12, 2012 at 03:19am.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I never heard of her before this announcement. Her outfit eliminates her from being a random Eternian so I don't want her in my collection.

I will be selling her before she arrives at my doorstep.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    She is about as important to She-Ra as Clamp Champ is to He-Man. Not much to her, last entry character, but nicely diversifies my shelf. She doesn't have enough to be valued at $25, but does scrape by on her Filmation good looks and some added toy aesthetics. She should be colored in metallics, but because they followed the toon so closely, her silvers became light blue, and she looks like black Frosta; very derivative. She's missing essential toy details, but the reason I am sure is because in the body of the line, low-selling C-listers will get just enough, while well-selling A-listers get the extras. It's not the character's fault Mattel chose to stack the deck against her. She could have been handled like Flipshot, but they treated her like Stratos...yet somehow winding up with less.

I would be forgivable if we hadn't seen what the Four Horsemen are capable of. They use a vendor that is capable of making fabric, but the Horsemen don't want to deal in fabric. They claim it will mess up the aesthetic of the line, but as a working net, she'd be the exception. She wouldn't stand out any more than flocked Moss Man, or furry Grizzlor. What makes them special?

Sometimes I feel they run into a creative wall with PoP when all the elements are right there, but seen by only a distinctive few. This is right up there with She-Ra's comb hatchet or Bow's attached quiver...just...really?

She needs a "net" not only a netted cape that blankets a foe. She could have had a BP She-Ra sword (sticking to re-use), but she wasn't even worth that?

Like I said, she's about a necessary as Clamp Champ. She skates by with one media-accurate look with barebones toy details. But in a $25 year, she didn't get enough to plus her up, and make her look compelling, not just extremely gorgeous, which she is.

Like Clamp Champ she will be on my shelf, but I will be waiting to find her extras accessories in a weapons pack.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Sure, I'll take her.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yes I like her in my MOTUC collection. She could have had an additional accessory for the price though.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

I can't WAIT to get this character and add her to my collection! It is so COOL that we are getting her!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I won't mind, but I know there will be other 2013 figures I don't want to keep.

But if Leech's net is any indication, better keep her MOSC, or at least don't play with her cape much.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    But if Leech's net is any indication, better keep her MOSC, or at least don't play with her cape much.
    I was just thinking about this!

Wasn't expecting her so soon but she is a part of the vintage POP line. The Great Rebellion is in need of more members anyway.

Widget
    She will be a great addition to the Great rebellion.

I'll have one for sale come January

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'll have one for sale come January
    I'm thinking of offering her in a trade for Dekker or Rattlor. If I don't get any offers, she'll be off to eBay!
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 14, 2012 at 02:18am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I'm thinking of offering her in a trade for Dekker or Rattlor. If I don't get any offers, she'll be off to eBay!
    I'll be open to trades too, just don't know who I'll still need in January...or she'll be on Ebay like yours She's not a bad figure at all, just not one I need. I plan on having a GR of She-Ra, Bow, and hopefully Glimmer, Queen Angelica, Mermista, Madamn Razz, and Kowl! They're enough PoP for me!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    She's not a bad figure at all, just not one I need.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm hoping to add Glimmer, Mermista, Castaspella and Madam Razz to my GR before the end of 2014.

As for Netossa, I just have no interest in her. I never heard of her before SDCC 2012! I know there are some MOTU fans who don't care for the Snake Men as well as some fans who don't like anything MYP, so I'm hoping to get a deal made. I'd like to avoid ePay if possible.

MasterCollector, check out the episodes in the cartoon that feature her.

She actually seemed to become kind of a regular at the very end. There are a couple of episodes where it's She-Ra, Swiftwind, Bow, Kowl, and Netossa.

She's a pretty cool character with a lot of potential. Giver her a chance.

And YES... I really like her. I just wish they'd given her a spear (recolored Goddess spear) and a cross-bow or another trapping device. She's a huntress... where's her gear??
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Snappy Threader
    I think the figure looks cool, but I don't remember her other than card backs. I need to study up on my Netossa education to get better acquainted.

In all honesty I'm thrilled to get her! I'd much rather see figures like her than awful concept rubbish that wasn't ever used the first time round.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    clearly yes.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I chose yes. HOWEVER, she is near the bottom of my POP want list right now while I'm dying for a Castaspella, a Glimmer, hell even someone with a better gimmick or accessories like Mermista, Peekablue, and Flutterina. Doesn't matter though because I want all vintage and Filmation POP. There's just a lot more POP that I want...well...a lot more than Netossa.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I said no. Not b/c I don't like POP. I would have liked to have seen Glimmer,Queen Angela,Madaam Razz & Broom before her. I mean give me Scorpia or Octavia. Again we could debate the POP/Horde thing in another thread. But I'm certainly not opposed to Netossa. I do hope to get to the CORE POP characters sooner now. And it's nice to see more women in the Classics line as well.

It's cool to get a more obscure character like this because later on we might not have the chance.

POP figures are actually the cheapest to make for this line (the female figures share the most parts and are just cheaper than the male figures).

So, it's likely we will get Castaspella, Glimmer, Angella (if they tool the wings; which can be used for a few other characters), Octavia, Scorpia....

I think Mermista is likely even though she will cost more, just because she's an awesome character and most people want her.

Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Spinnerella, and Double Trouble have some support beyond the POP hardcord fans.

Perfuma would actually be REALLY cheap for them to make.

Peekablue would also be cheap... she'd just need a new head (or a modified head and hair), her peacock feather pack... she has the same arms and legs, boots, and gaultlets as Netossa... she also has the same bodice, minus the blue pieces that rise out of the sides.

So, getting the less popular POP figures early is probably a smart thing.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It's cool to get a more obscure character like this because later on we might not have the chance.

POP figures are actually the cheapest to make for this line (the female figures share the most parts and are just cheaper than the male figures).

So, it's likely we will get Castaspella, Glimmer, Angella (if they tool the wings; which can be used for a few other characters), Octavia, Scorpia....

I think Mermista is likely even though she will cost more, just because she's an awesome character and most people want her.

Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Spinnerella, and Double Trouble have some support beyond the POP hardcord fans.

Perfuma would actually be REALLY cheap for them to make.

Peekablue would also be cheap... she'd just need a new head (or a modified head and hair), her peacock feather pack... she has the same arms and legs, boots, and gaultlets as Netossa... she also has the same bodice, minus the blue pieces that rise out of the sides.

So, getting the less popular POP figures early is probably a smart thing.
    But this could have also lead to the lower sub sales for 2013 because she's a less popular POP figures. Not the best choice to show right away to represent PoP. Shouldve maybe saved her for later in the year and showed a Glimmer or Casta instead.

I hope they get to all of the vintage PoP figures as well as MAJOR Filmation POP. There's a lot more Filmation POP that I want as opposed to Filmation MOTU.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

MasterCollector, check out the episodes in the cartoon that feature her.

She actually seemed to become kind of a regular at the very end. There are a couple of episodes where it's She-Ra, Swiftwind, Bow, Kowl, and Netossa.

She's a pretty cool character with a lot of potential. Giver her a chance.
    I've been streamlining my collection as of late due to limited space so although I've subscribed for 2013, I'm only going to keep essential, and she isn't in the cards for my Great Rebellion. Mermista, Glimmer, and Castaspella are the must haves for me.

I am very excited to see Mermista in the Classics line. She is the equivalent to Ram Man in my PoP mythos.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 15, 2012 at 05:25pm.

I've never heard of her before, is she supposed to have a mask? I think she looked great personally and she has a place on the shelf next to all the other she-ra/pop/great rebellion figures.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I voted No, as she is my least favourite She-Ra character and dont really need her for my collection, but I will have her in my collection anyway, and not sell the figure, because she exists and I am cool with that.

I dont like her in as much as I see her as a bad design all around and I wish the one black POP girl was better. That being said, again, I love this line, and so even though I wouldnt have chose her to be made, and would be fine with a collection without her in it, I am completely cool with having one. The back of the shelf needs filling out as well, and she does have merit, ect ect.