Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not attending Power-Con and want the free MOTUC accessory? Please read!

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar

Not attending Power-Con and want the free MOTUC accessory? Please read!

Mattel is bringing a secret MOTUC accessory that will be given out to the first 1000 tickets sold for Power-Con 2012. Read the news by clicking here.

FOR FANS WHO CANNOT ATTEND THE POWER-CON 2012 CONVENTION:

We know that a lot of fans who unfortunately cannot attend Power-Con this year will still want to get their hands on this secret accessory that will be first available at Power-Con.

After speaking with Mattel, we have come up with a solution.

Any fan who is not attending the convention needs to find a friend who is attending. That friend must purchase that fan a Sunday pass for $15.00. This would be in addition to their own pass to enter the convention. The friend can purchase multiple passes to help multiple fans.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The friend ATTENDING the convention must buy the additional ticket(s). The ticket(s) MUST be in their name and they will have to show proper ID and their PayPal print out receipt.

Your friend can then redeem their extra coupons they will receive with the additional ticket for the accessory AND pick a print for you. So, not only do you now have a chance to get the accessory, you have an opportunity to get one of the exclusive convention prints. Power-Con / ThunderCon is not responsible for sending you the items or refunding you any money if you do not receive your accessory and print. It is all up to whomever you work with that is going to attend the convention to get these items to you. You can always check our Trader feedback or ask for the person's eBay feedback.

In summary, attendees may buy multiple passes and redeem multiple tickets. But, it is still first-come, first serve for the first 1000 ticket holds, so please purchase your ticket in advance today to secure your accessory, especially if you plan to attend the show!

If you would like to find a friend or be a friend to someone else, please visit this thread in the marketplace:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3103806

Power-Con nor He-Man.org is responsible for any deals negotiated between users.

Even though TheShadow started this thread, he and the other Power-Con staff cannot obtain the accessory for you.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

ugghhh
    seems way to complicated

Quote Originally Posted by brianknott View Post
    ugghhh
    seems way to complicated
    Yea $15 for a "Free" item...Pass

$15 is better than the thousands it would cost for me to go to Power Con.

I have a tempting offer for anyone who is going to the convention and wants to help me out. Please PM me or look in the thread linked at the top.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; August 15, 2012 at 10:16pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Yea $15 for a "Free" item...Pass
    It doesn't sound too bad BUT it would be nice to have a general idea how substantial the accessory is. Like a repainted Zodak gun versus armor for Rattlor would be very different in value to me.

I'm curious as to what the item will be? That's what I want to know before asking someone to go through the trouble.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    It doesn't sound too bad BUT it would be nice to have a general idea how substantial the accessory is. Like a repainted Zodak gun versus armor for Rattlor would be very different in value to me.
    Yes it would be cool but can you really think we are going to get some out of the world acc?

Re-paint all the way...

And what's with "Free" free means free not "free" for some of us that can't go for whatever reason we have to pony up as a fine...Like being scalped...

Yes it would be cool but can you really think we are going to get some out of the world acc?

Re-paint all the way...

And what's with "Free" free means free not "free" for some of us that can't go for whatever reason we have to pony up as a fine...Like being scalped...
    So Power Con tickets are free?

Yeah, I would spring for an extra if I knew it was something I'd want multiples of...
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Folks, it's a one-per-person free item for people attending the con. And even still, you've been given an option to get it that's fair to those who are taking the time and money to attend the show.

If you don't want it, or don't want to take the risk on it, that's understandable. But let's please not put a damper on it for those who do want to take advantage of this as seen by the posts in the Maketplace thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Folks, it's a one-per-person free item for people attending the con. And even still, you've been given an option to get it that's fair to those who are taking the time and money to attend the show.

If you don't want it, or don't want to take the risk on it, that's understandable. But let's please not put a damper on it for those who do want to take advantage of this as seen by the posts in the Maketplace thread. Thanks!

Oh I agree. I just bought an extra pass to help someone out here. I think it's cool that they are offering the option.

Plus, if people think of it as $15 in support of Power Con, as opposed to Mattel, as that's what it is, you can think of it as a donation of sorts
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    So Power Con tickets are free?
    Here we go...

Well since your paying for it I guess you "are" going...

C'Mon there could have been another way Mattel could have done it maybe have it for $5 or whatever at Matty Collector....

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, it not like any of the money goes to Mattel. Mattel is still giving away the item for free, one per person. How could we ask for anything more than that? Well, 1000 seems a little low, but I don't know what Power-Con attendance is.

I'm in I'll do it...
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Here we go...

C'Mon there could have been another way Mattel could have done it maybe have it for $5 or whatever at Matty Collector....
    Please keep in mind that the accessory being first available at Power-Con is Mattel supporting the convention. This isn't something they were asked to do, it is something they wanted to do.

We knew a lot of folks would want the accessory but could not go. This was the best solution available. Remember, many of the attendees are flying in, paying for a hotel, et cetera to attend this convention. Let's not try to take Mattel's generosity and turn it in to a negative for really no reason.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Considering they explicitly say it will be "first available" at Power-Con, that implies some kind of future availability also.

Sadly I'll be missing Power-Con this year, but as press, not sure I;d have been eligible for the accessory anyway.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrytor View Post
    Considering they explicitly say it will be "first available" at Power-Con, that implies some kind of future availability also.
    I'm curious about that line.
    Seems like there's no need to worry about missing out if it's going to turn up later, especially when you say something like "first available".
    At least to me, those two words just make it sound like those not going can spend $15 to get the accessory 'now' as opposed to waiting for it 'later' (probably in a different colour though?).

Here we go...

Fine... Think of it as $5 on Mattycollector with shipping of $10 is $15.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    Yeah, it not like any of the money goes to Mattel. Mattel is still giving away the item for free, one per person. How could we ask for anything more than that? Well, 1000 seems a little low, but I don't know what Power-Con attendance is.
    I would say it is currently less than 1000 people, otherwise this would not have been announced.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Yep, there's still tickets. People usually don't preorder in mass until the first couple of weeks before a show. No idea why. Then there's a fair amount of door sales. Of course, that's a bit different now. A number of people have started preordering for the accessory and the prints.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Oh I agree. I just bought an extra pass to help someone out here. I think it's cool that they are offering the option.

Plus, if people think of it as $15 in support of Power Con, as opposed to Mattel, as that's what it is, you can think of it as a donation of sorts
    If it goes to support Power Con and the Org.... I'm in. Thanks for offering this!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think it is very cool that they are giving a way for people to get it that aren't going. Good show all around in my book
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I guess $15.00 isnt too bad...

What if its a repainted power sword...but what if its something really cool!? ACK!!!

It struck me that if it's something that someone could get later on to, it might be something that people wouldn't mind having more than one of. Not sure what qualifies there. It was just a thought.

Did Ambrosia have an actual look...I cant remember!? Honeycomb!?

That would be cool!