Thread: Rulers of the Sun-Sun Man Figures Wanted

Rulers of the Sun-Sun Man Figures Wanted

Just got into collecting this line after finding a Pig-Head in a MOTU lot, and now Im hooked! I know they are pretty hard to come by these days, and finding them loose complete is probably a long shot, but I thought I put a few feelers out here and see what kind of a small fortune I can spend tracking them down.

Looking for all known released figures loose and complete (or incomplete.) except Sun Man.

Pig-Head
    Holographo
    Space Sumo
    Bolt Man
    Digitino
    Last edited by thorns02; November 7, 2012 at 10:38pm.

Anyone have or know where to find any of these figures? Loose/complete or MOC?

- - - Updated - - -

Bumping for a little more exposure. Anyone have any complete Sun Man figures?

I know someone who has them mosc.He may even have them loose to.I bought a Sun Man and a Pig Head loose from him.The mosc 1's are very expensive.PM me.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Thanks for the reply, Icer. PM on the way to your inbox. Looking forward to hearing back from you. Really appreciate the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by thorns02 View Post

Looking for all known released figures loose and complete (or incomplete.) except Sun Man.
    You know there are different SunMan variations, right?

Yeah, I think there are 3 different variations based on Olmec's founder, Yla Eason, son as he aged and grew up.

1. Sun Man-Original release on Rulers of the Sun card
    2. Flat Top Sun Man (His hair/afo is a flat top)
    3. J Hook Sun Man with a "J" or hook shaved on the top-Last released and the rarest version.

There was a Pig Head variation too...I think it was some kind of armor variation.
    Does anyone here has pictures of the Pig Head alternative version ?

Anyway, do you know the Sun Man 'Holy Grail' auction that ended a few days ago ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rulers-Of-Th...vip=true&rt=nc

Saw the auction and was outbid at the end. Wanted that Digitino for the collection. As luck would have it, I picked one up later in the week from a collector! Im still looking for Space Sumo and Halographo.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I'm also looking for all except Sun Man and Pig Head. Not trying to hijack your thread, but if you have any leads to figures you already have, I would appreciate that very much. How in the heck did you manage to score a Digitino?
    Oh and just a fun fact, I discovered the other day that the flat top Sun Man variant uses the same head for Space Sumo and Kikto.

Ill for sure keep you in mind, brother. Dont hold your breathe, as Im sure you know this line is probably the rarest and toughest KO line to find. Im more of a loose/complete collector, but I got Digitino, Pig Head, and Bolt Man all MOC. Considering opening them, but not sure Ill be able to bring myself to do it. I was introduced to a huge KO collector who has the complete line MOC and loose, but these were a couple of extras he had. Got super lucky finding them and not sure Ill ever be able to find the last two.

the pighead variant is his body. completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybones View Post
    the pighead variant is his body. completely different.
    His body or his armor ?
    Do you have pictures ?

You could post pictures in this thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ers-of-the-Sun

Ill for sure keep you in mind, brother. Dont hold your breathe, as Im sure you know this line is probably the rarest and toughest KO line to find. Im more of a loose/complete collector, but I got Digitino, Pig Head, and Bolt Man all MOC. Considering opening them, but not sure Ill be able to bring myself to do it. I was introduced to a huge KO collector who has the complete line MOC and loose, but these were a couple of extras he had. Got super lucky finding them and not sure Ill ever be able to find the last two.
    Awesome, thank you. What a score for you, how lucky is that to get three super rare figures in one haul?! Must have been like Christmas. I'm considering opening my Pig Head too, but man, thats a tough decision. As for Digitino and Bolt Man, those are even rarer, I don't think I could do it.

I just added some pics of the Sun Man figures I was able to get in the thread in Monteeg's post above.

Bump! Also, I have to add some characters because the word "bump" was too short a post by itself.

Picked up a carded Pig Head and second release Sun Man recently, but still in the hunt for a carded Space Sumo and Halograhpo. Any leads would be greatly appreciated to track down these bad boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Still haven't been able to track down Space Sumo or Halographo. Will over-pay for them if you have them MOC. Heck, Id even take them loose complete too.

Finally picked up a carded Olmec Butterfly Woman Amandla. Just need Felina to have the female complete line. Still in need of a carded Space Sumo and Halographo. Anyone seen any recently?

There is a loose Digitino auction right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    There is a loose Digitino auction right now...
    Thanks for the heads up, buddy. I saw that pop up last night. Looks to be in good shape albeit incomplete. I have him carded so I wont be bidding, but looking forward to seeing what it sells for. Thanks again!

Thanks for the heads up, buddy. I saw that pop up last night. Looks to be in good shape albeit incomplete. I have him carded so I wont be bidding, but looking forward to seeing what it sells for. Thanks again!
    You are always welcome, Thorns02 !

And I thank you to always sharing pics of your wonderful collections with us...