4 5.13%
  • D-List

1 1.28%
  • Z-List

2 2.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Rank Ram Man's Importance

Rank Ram Man's Importance

Who says that white men can't jump? Because next up is Ram Man!

This is a multiple choice poll with 2 categories to vote in. The first category is whether or not you would buy a variant of this character. The second category is the overall importance you feel this character brings to the franchise.

Variant worthy?

Variant Worthy: This is a character that you believe is variant worthy. You're willing to purchase different variants of this character even if your favorite version is the first one released. Matty can certainly put them in MOTUC's quarterly variant slot for you.

Not Variant Worthy: You don't feel this character needs any variants whatsoever. You only hope that when they make this character that they get them right the first time around. You do not want to be taken for the ass.

Importance

A-List: Integral to the story and the franchise. MOTU isn't MOTU without them. This is a core character that is extremely important to you. If Mattel doesn't make them, someone will have some serious explaining to do!

B-List: They might not be integral to the story in your eyes but this is an excellent supportive character that helps to round out the story, franchise and your collection.

C-List: You feel this is a good guest star type of character. You don't expect to see them hanging around the supportive crew all the time but you still want to see them show up to lend a helping hand now and then.

D-List: Fills the role of background character and cameo maker for you. You acknowledge their existence but in a very limited way. This is an "okay" character.

Z-List: You'd rather forget about this character entirely. Should they never be mentioned again in MOTU-lore, you would be quite happy. This character would kill teh lien for you.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    C-list. We already have enough comic relief with Orko.

He is variant worthy though. Cardback colors with a variant Filmation styled, googly-eyed headsculpt so he could blab gibberish like "Shabooty" would sate my nostalgic thirst.
    Last edited by Colder Soldier; August 17, 2012 at 03:50am.

A list, and I dont feel I need a variant.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    A-List but Not Variant Worthy...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Yes he is defiantly an A list character.
    I personally don't care for a variant repaint. one is plenty for me.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    A list... he's been around nearly forever and is a well known and loved part of the brand...

There have been a couple differnet' looks' to him, so I can see him being varient worthy too.

THAT said, I do not WANT varients of him... at least not inside a sub. SDCC or something like that would be cool for the fans... but I'm getting the one Ram man I want!.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    That Filmation image almost made me chose C-lister considering he was so dumb much like Clawful in MYP, but then I remembered his mini-comic version and went with A-lister, but NOT variant worthy.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

of course Ram man is variant worthy, hes right from the top of the core figures. when they first came out, I remember me and my brother seeing him as an upcoming figure in the mini comics. and saying oh man thats gonna be an awesome figure. but upon receiveing him we where a little dissapointed. with legs going up into his body, was just a little goofy. but then again theres nothing goofy about being ram'ed by a 500 pound man in heavy armor. he was allways the go to guy for some simple smash em up win the day with He man bit.

that being said Ram man was allways one of my favorets and I realy like our new'est version we'll be getting.

A list and cardback variant colours repaint.
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    He's an A-List to me,
    variant repaint only outside the sub.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Snappy Threader
    A List for sure, variant worthy yes I suppose so in orange colors..........

C-List and Not Variant Worthy. I'm not Ram Man's biggest fan but having seen his figure/proto in person i'm at least looking forward to getting that.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    He's sort of on the cusp of A-list and B-list for me. He was in "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" which ranks him pretty highly, yet I never felt he was subsequently used to his full potential.

Variant repaint? I'm absolutely "meh" over the idea of a Ram-Man with different coloured pants, but I also appreciate that Matty have to get some more mileage from the heavily tooled original so wouldn't begrudge it.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Z-List for me. Hated him in the 80's cartoon, his figure was boring. I warmed up to him more in the 200X series, but still Z-List for me.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

B-List; I'd take a cardback colored version.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    A list and Variant Worthy.

Bring on his cardback orange colors!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

A list.
    There is Filmation head and opened eye head that along with cardback colors make this figure variant worthy.

If the Jan. figure sells fast a variant is a must for fans and Mattel.

I like him a lot. "Wizard of Stone Mountain", "Quest for He-Man", the episode with the blind kid (forgetting the title makes me look like a awful, awful person) and some of his 200X episodes made me a fan. He's like Marvel Comic's Juggernaut wthout the mental baggage.

I much preffer his 200x version over the filmation one. (never read any of the comics ) if the figure was based on his filmation appearance he'd be way to stumpy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    I like him a lot. "Wizard of Stone Mountain", "Quest for He-Man", the episode with the blind kid (forgetting the title makes me look like a awful, awful person) and some of his 200X episodes made me a fan. He's like Marvel Comic's Juggernaut wthout the mental baggage.
    you know its a pity matty don't have the Mavel rights too as I'd love to see a Juggy vs rammy 2 pack