Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should future Skeletors and He-man Variants be given the Vykron Armor treatment ?

Should future Skeletors and He-man Variants be given the Vykron Armor treatment ?

I, myself, would be "ok" if we didn't get some of the Variants that I never had, cared for, or wanted; HOWEVER, I do think it would be cool to have a pack that just had the armor and accessories along with one , basic buck ( simliar to how Matty did Vykron). I think this would help get the " vintage essentials" out of the way.

For instance:

Terror Claw Skeletor , 200x Battle Armor, Horde Apprentice Concept Skeletor, Fire Armor Skeletor, Laser Light Skeletor could all have interchangeable armors and parts with one main buck .

Maybe throw in anextra head or soft-goods cape?

Pricing could be 30-35.00

Thoughts?

No thanks.

If you wanted to have them all displayed, you would have to buy 5 figures at $30-35 a piece. It would also likely be quite a bit more than $30-35 for what you've suggested. Vykron came with 3 interchangeable armor sets. If a Skeletor or He-Man set had 5 or more sets of interchangeable armor, it'd probably be closer to $50. In the long run it would cost more and I don't really like the snap-on armor pieces that Vykron uses.

Mainly, I don't want to see this because I feel to many details would be compromised to create all the different looks with one buck.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Its a good idea. I personally like to display all of them though. So having all the changeable armor and what not would kill that for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Should future Skeletors and He-man Variants be given the Vykron Armor treatment ?
    NO, certainly not ! I totally REFUSE to pay 50 euros for a figure that will look cheap and that will have clip-on armor pieces !

I agree with Prahvus on this one, I do not want cheap clip on armor, like Vykron, ever again in this line. If they wanted to give the regular armor to add to a Skeletor buck, as opposed to not getting some of these variants at all, then I would be okay with that, but I really would prefer regular releases for the important variants.

I see where you all are getting at.

But I am also thinking "Jungle Armor He-man" debaucle. While it be nice to get everything we want.. I just don't think its possible to get all the variants without having to sacrifice either characters, tooling, etc.

Another things is that some people want all the variants. Some people don't.

But at this point, I think that by making the all of the variants , it could possibly bring forth the end of the line post-2014 preventing us from getting all the characters that we want. Thats what I was getting with " Jungle Amor He-man"

On the other hand, gettng all the vintage , filmation, na, and POP characters that people want may not get us all of the Variants that we want. And with variants, we all want different things.

I personally would prefer a 200X Battle armor Skelly with Vac Metal over the Bikini Top Terror Claws Skeletor ( and that's coming from a vintage fan) .

I think an armor pack would be a decent compromise. Besides, there aren't that many snap-on parts that would be needed since the biggest difference amongst these variants are mostly the chest armors which differentiate the "look".

At this point , we as fans must start addressing the Variant issue. From what we've been told, Matty will be very picky-choosy from now on. And Variants will be harder and harder to get to.

I'd be cool with it if we got a He-Man set with pieces for Flying Fists, Jungle Attack, Ice Armor, Martial Arts, and Laser Light. Others I think need a full release.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'd be okay with something like this. It is actually something I'd thought about since the inception of the variants. I do understand the point about only one buck and people wanting to display all the armors though. At the same time, there is also th econsideration that was mentioned earlier of finding a way to get us most of the He-Man and Skelly variants without taking up too many of the limited spots going forward.

No!!!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Most definately!

This idea was thrown around at the .Org when teh lien started - it'd be a sure way (now that teh lien is dyin) to get these variants done.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; August 23, 2012 at 04:08pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Widget
    i like the idea .However the bad QC on Vykron - Belt not connecting that I've seen in video reviews makes this a toss up for me. So I think that the individual figures should be made later in the future say for Cons or something.

I'd like some variants to have their own releases like NA He-man, NA Skeletor (2pack), and Snake Armor He-man. Some can just be released as armor and weapons, and include them in Weapons Pack 4 (Flying Fists and Terror Claws) to knock them out. Same with the Laser variants (weapons pack them up).
    Last edited by Count Judas; August 23, 2012 at 04:32pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I'd like some variants to have their own releases like NA He-man, NA Skeletor (2pack), and Snake Armor He-man. Some can just be armor and weapons, can be included in Weapons Pack 4 (Flying Fists and Terror Claws) to knock them out. Same with the Laser variants (weapons pack them up).
    I thought it would have been cool for the Terror Claws to have come with Spikor as an homage to the vintage minicomic

Quote Originally Posted by mykol View Post
    i like the idea .However the bad QC on Vykron - Belt not connecting that I've seen in video reviews makes this a toss up for me. So I think that the individual figures should be made later in the future say for Cons or something.
    Belt connects on mine, and my figure really had no noticeable qc issues at all - pretty solid. Plus the snap on armor don't bother me since i'm not displaying the character (or any of my characaters ) from behind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I'd like some variants to have their own releases like NA He-man, NA Skeletor (2pack), and Snake Armor He-man. Some can just be released as armor and weapons, and include them in Weapons Pack 4 (Flying Fists and Terror Claws) to knock them out. Same with the Laser variants (weapons pack them up).
    Yeah that would be ideal and acceptable . I'm pretty sure the laser-light fans would still not go for it. I don't care either way because I never had nor knew about laser light till the late 90s. So no emotional attachment there really. But keep in mind the NA also had variants! Those Tankor boots wouuld work well for the NA skeletor variant though! So maybe a NA 2 -pack with extra armors!

I do not like the way the Vykron armor was handled as far as looking bulky and not easy to put on and stay on. The clip-on boots and bracers don't look so nice either.

I'd be open to this so long as it did not reduce the quality of the figures in any way.

I like the idea of armour packs. I don't need 5 He-Men on my shelf. I do, however, like the idea of using that armour to mix & match and come up with new characters.

While I like Vykron's concept, I am not crazy about the execution of the mechanics or the overall aesthetic of his armor (some, not all). I feel it ended up reducing the quality of the figure.

I like that you're (the OP) thinking and your idea is clever. If done well that set could possibly rock our socks, but if done poorly it would be somewhat lackluster.

However, I do not know if I'd rather err on the side of caution or take the something is better than nothing approach.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    No. I hate the Vykron treatment.

Just throw the He-Man vs Skeletor variants in two packs.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I agree with Prahvus on this one, I do not want cheap clip on armor, like Vykron, ever again in this line. If they wanted to give the regular armor to add to a Skeletor buck, as opposed to not getting some of these variants at all, then I would be okay with that, but I really would prefer regular releases for the important variants.
    Personally I would rather see a planned execution model before I'd agree to it as, if done right, it could actually be really cool. Take Dragon Blaster Skeletor for instance. Other than new chest armor w/chain and a connectible back Dragon he's essentially the standard Skelly. There isn't much more to him. So if you could find ways to do future armor variants that weren't necessarily 'clip-on' and (as some say) cheap looking, I'd go for it. Include 2-3 different armor variants for Skelly in one pack and the same number in a pack specific to He-dude, and I could see this working out quite well.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadkiel View Post
    I like the idea of armour packs. I don't need 5 He-Men on my shelf. I do, however, like the idea of using that armour to mix & match and come up with new characters.
    Well that's one of my other selfish reasons for approaching this method. I admit I can be a big frugal with my toy purchases, and plus where the heck am I gonna put all these "clones" . Honestly, one skelly and one he-man do it for me.

No thanks, these all need the VIP treatment!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Personally I would rather see a planned execution model before I'd agree to it as, if done right, it could actually be really cool. Take Dragon Blaster Skeletor for instance. Other than new chest armor w/chain and a connectible back Dragon he's essentially the standard Skelly. There isn't much more to him. So if you could find ways to do future armor variants that weren't necessarily 'clip-on' and (as some say) cheap looking, I'd go for it. Include 2-3 different armor variants for Skelly in one pack and the same number in a pack specific to He-dude, and I could see this working out quite well.
    Yeah , just try to visualize this: ( just a skeletor example)
    1. remove the dragon blast armor and dragon, replace with terror claw armor , claws and bone dragon.
    2. remove terror claw armor and accessories , replace with Horde Apprentice Armor - and bam
    3. Remove Horde apprentice armor - replace with vac metal red sound attack 200x armor, remove head add spiked 200x head- bam again
    4. Remove Vac metal Red sound attaack 200x armor and head, pop-off right hand, pop-off head - replace with copper laser light armor, transluscent hand, clip ( or MAA style ) boots, replace with skeletor head, add cape, and transluscent accessories - bam and whala!
    5. Have hours of fun mixing and matching!

As far as vykron goes, I have to say that the "tank-top" armor , vkyron armor, vykron boots, and tankor snap on wrist guards worked. The others..not so much. So if matty went with what works then it won't be so bad for the ones that couldn't hang with vykron. But yeah, the sky captain vykron looked uneven and sorta lame. But I think attachment parts work with characters like Man At arms/Palace Guards. I think that is the concept I was referring to rather than the Vykron only.

Snappy Threader
    I think maybe a good idea would be no so much clip on armor, but regular armor like in a weapons pack or something, but, in my opinion, only for the less popular ones. You know, like Wolf Armor He-Man, Jungle Attack He-Man, Ice Armor Skeletor, Spin and Smash Blades, etc.... Only prob there is, what is less popular to some will be very popular to others...so I'm torn once again.

Not too crazy about it... I think it requires as much tooling as a full figure IMO anyways...

Besides, the only variants I'm interested in right now are Ice Armor He-Man, Ice/fire armor Skeletor and Snake Armor He-Man...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!