Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeletor's Son and Dare--should Mattel reveal their designs before making figures?

Skeletor's Son and Dare--should Mattel reveal their designs before making figures?

Just thought I'd put this out there. These two characters have been mentioned in bios and were surely on the roadmap at one time. But who knows when or if they are on it now. So would anyone want to know what these characters were going to look like even if they don't want the figures taking up slots in the next two years? We sort of know what Dare/He-Ro might have looked like (maybe), but what was Skeletor's son going to look like? Would knowing be a good thing, or should these two characters just remain unknown until we have more complete collections of the old time favorites?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Since we are focusing on classic figures now, I think they would save these guys for last. I don't think I want approval for designs. You get six of us together in a room and we'll have 24 different opinions. I would rather have the 4H make the call. They haven't let us down so far.

It might be cool if we never get them though. They would be the big MOTU mystery.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Those figures should never be made.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Those figures should never be made.
    Or even designed? By the Four Horsemen? After all the other characters are made?

Would be a good con 2-pack.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Oh, they'll get to them in time. Dare has already been hinted at through King He-Man's bio (he gave the Power Sword to "someone" why he has the Electronic Power Sword), so I'm pretty sure he's coming [hopefully] in 2013. Would be awesome anyway!

It's kinda obvious by the way they made King He-Man instead of King Adam and that they look nothing alike that they're probably not going by the "He-Ro Son of He-Man" drawings. (However I do like King He-Man's look!) I would hope they do for Dare though, but we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't expect the variant Ram Man and Man-E-Faces to come anytime soon.

My guess is that Keldor & Lynn's son will be a blue-skinned Gar. Since Keldor took on the traits of his mother, I'm gonna say that the elven genes are stronger than the humans'. He'll probably be clean-shaven to differentiate him from Keldor, but use the same buck & parts.
    Last edited by Mistico; July 22, 2012 at 10:14pm.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

This would potentially be a cool 2-pack exclusive down the road. I'd rather be surprised.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

These figures NEED to be made IMO. They are where the bios are headed and I want to own them. The 4H will do well with them.

I very muh hope that regardless of what happens with the line, these figures get made (or figure if they end up being he same character)
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

i hope we get them both, and they are not the same Dare has the hot's for Evil-Lyn lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I'd love to see these made, and have them usher in a new era for Eternia!!
    I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Do we know they're not the same person?

Elder Councilman
    to be honest, I want all the characters from the King He-Man era: Dare, Skeletor's/Evil-Lyn's son, Fork Lift, future Man-E-Faces, that female whatever her name was, future Ram Man, all of 'em.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope we get Dare/He-Ro next year to go with King He-Man.

I'd love a Son of Skeletor too, but if they're cutting back on new/concept characters in 2014 to get the remaining heavy hitters out then I can do without him (at least until 2015!)

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm still hopeful to have included Son of He-Man figures like Dare, Keldors Son, Missile-Toe, Kay-La & others.
    I like to see the line to make it to that point & end once we got everything.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    They should have been in the 30th line instead of Cy-Chop and Sir Laser-Lot or Spector since, for this toyline they are essentially new characters. Dare/He-Ro 2 have never had figures and the series bible for the Son of He-Man show is obscure enough for the 4H to be able to come up with new designs if you ask me.

Plus The Son of Skeletor is absolutely a new character, so could easily have been in the 30th line.

Anyway. I hope we get these 2 characters somehow, as long as it's not at the expense of any Great Rebellion members.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

No, I really have no interest in these characters being made as figures.
    If they wanted to release sketches/designs of them that might be ok, but I think I'd prefer to have them left as a mystery, especially Skeletor's son.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm still on the edge of my seat to find out what Keldors son looks like.

Very curious what his role would be. Dose he hate skeletor? is he evil or good.
    likely bad he was raised by evil lyn & I'm sure he hates skeletor.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to know what Toyguru's plans were for these characters.

But, at this stage, I would prefer to see MOTUC releases focused on the (easily tooled) vintage MOTU figures, much more POP (primarily The Great Rebellion, but also Mantenna, Scorpia and Octavia) and at least a few more NA.

A Son of Skeletor/Dare two-pack (if they're not the same character) sounds like a great exclusive in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    Do we know they're not the same person?
    I would truly hope not. Dare's origin might be changed, but if so I would hope he just becomes He-Man's actual son (he was originally She-Ra's) and doesn't become Skeletor's son instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    No, I really have no interest in these characters being made as figures.
    If they wanted to release sketches/designs of them that might be ok, but I think I'd prefer to have them left as a mystery, especially Skeletor's son.
    I admit I only say "before" releasing figures in the thread title because I thought it might be possible that pictures would make people interested (they could just as easily turn people off, but at least we'd see what they would have looked like). I don't much like deliberately leaving things a mystery though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLyne View Post
    I really hope we get Dare/He-Ro next year to go with King He-Man.

I'd love a Son of Skeletor too, but if they're cutting back on new/concept characters in 2014 to get the remaining heavy hitters out then I can do without him (at least until 2015!)
    God willing we're even talking about a 2015 for this line, or a 2014. But if the current firestorm of posters does indeed speak for the majority, then a whole heck of a lot of characters from MOTUC are going to become this generation's Illumina (besides a new Dare and Skeletor's Son there's also Oo-Lar, Bandwidth, Beast Lord, Red Shadow, and Gladiator).

I'm all for being clued in and the concepts/proposed story etc being made known if it comes to them not making the line before it's finished. I'd really hate not knowing now they've decided to introduce them into the line. If they are confident that they can squeeze them into the line then I don't see a real need to. Though at the same time I think it would be a nice token, but I think if that were to happen then it shouldn't be too far from the reveal of the prototypes because I think the wait could get frustrating for people if they've seen the concept and start expecting the actual figure reveal soon after and it doesn't happen for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I would truly hope not. Dare's origin might be changed, but if so I would hope he just becomes He-Man's actual son (he was originally She-Ra's) and doesn't become Skeletor's son instead.
    I would hope so too, with Queen Teela as his mother (which was just about the only thing I liked about the proposed 'Son of He-man' era). I don't care if she's supposed to be the Sorceress also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I want both of these guys!

I'm very interested in fleshing out this era in MOTUC.

BIG YES!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I say let the core from the vintage, POP, and NA, get mostly done then start bringing in the new era of characters! I am for new characters but in truth, we need to sort collect our selves and get this lines strength back! Then we start by introducing in bio's the new era story line, allowing the mass to follow and be included in it's birth, therefore creating interest and knowledge and then want and need! Thus a story worth buying into!

- - - Updated - - -

I also want those filmation characters that we all wished for back when we were kids, add that to what I had already posted and thats a Wrap!

NO. I am more than upset with fans who think they are fans if they have to approve before something comes out. It's ok to not be a fan, but (for the sake of clarity of my point) if you help an artist make their art, it is not their art anymore, and how are you a fan of their art if you have to "fix" it?

Let Mattel make whatever they want how they want it, and if someone wants to make their own stuff, then go do it. I'll wait to see what the official thing is, and unless you want to pay the dues and become a creator, why would we need to see it before hand, except to criticize it and demand "fixes"?

Let it be what it is, and like it or lump it. Reveal if it's for a cool reveal, but not as a "proof" for our approval. I'd be happy to see a reveal like we already do, once they are figures.

Frankly I'd love new media, and for this to be the new media. Not a re-has of old, but a totally new forward story.

But again, we have no reason to "help" decide who's getting made. It's Mattel's line and we are fans who support it or dont.

Snappy Threader
    I have no interest right now, but a few years down the road maybe.