Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The QC issues will be fixed with the higher price point, right?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

The QC issues will be fixed with the higher price point, right?

Becasue these figures are now going to be $25 a piece, we are not going to have reversed limbs, lazy eyes, and all of those other fun things, right? RIGHT?!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I think they've learned to never make a figure "pop" again....lol. Let's hope that there are alot less problems....but I'm sure they won't all go away over night. The guy that painted the Spikor eyes must have had a hangover or something and I'm sure if they're all hand painted as TG said there will be some problems. Hopefully they just won't be as wide spread!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Sadly, I would guess this is WRONG. I'm guessing it is (bad) business as usual for Mattel.

Lol, this is a Corporation. Expect everything to be the same, or slightly worse, just with a bigger price tag.

I wouldn't bet my paycheck on it....I guarantee we will see the same issues, and still get things cut from the figures, not many in corporate jobs knows how to stick to their words. They tell us all of this stuff then go back on it, yet, they can't reveal a whole year of figures, or even 6 months due to legal issues, when the same "subject to change" thing applies to everything they say....seems hypocritical to me.
    Recent....Blade
    Coming....Scorpia & Battle Lion
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Becasue these figures are now going to be $25 a piece, we are not going to have reversed limbs, lazy eyes, and all of those other fun things, right? RIGHT?!
    I think we'll have similar QC issues with the higher price point as before and get higher excuse points with it. That's Mattel.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I'm afraid we'll be given the same line of "If there's a problem we'll replace it for free.", which, every time I read it, reminds me that Scott still doesn't get that while we value our money, the loss of OUR TIME is what has truly turned people away from this line. Sure it's nice that they replace defective figures (which they should), but the amount of time and energy we waste making such an exchange is absurd.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

1st World Problems.

I like my He Man dolls.

I could see better paint apps since they are producing a smaller quantity. But the plastic issues will continue or worsen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-Gar View Post
    Lol, this is a Corporation. Expect everything to be the same, or slightly worse, just with a bigger price tag.
    You have your feet firmly planted in reality. I thought that was a lost art

I think the guy that painted Spikor, had wonky eyes in real life. When he painted those eyes on, they 'looked' straight to him!

Heroic Warrior
    The QC issues will be fixed with the higher price point, right?
    I don't want to sound disrespectful or unfriendly, but I have to say that being so naive can bring you big disappointments.

We didn't see any consistant change in more than 4 years. I don't think that we'll witness serious improvements in 2013 either. And I wonder what consequences it will bring once the 2014 sub will be pushed next year...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I wouldn't bet my paycheck on it....I guarantee we will see the same issues, and still get things cut from the figures, not many in corporate jobs knows how to stick to their words. They tell us all of this stuff then go back on it, yet, they can't reveal a whole year of figures, or even 6 months due to legal issues, when the same "subject to change" thing applies to everything they say....seems hypocritical to me.
    the root of this, in my experience, is that those in the corporate decision making track do not regard their end customers as actual people. We are, at best, ambular wallets. Since we are not human to them, we can be lied to, taken advantage of, and generally done with as they please without causing them a single pang of guilt. It's basic dehumanization, much the same way soldiers will think of their enemies in terms of slurs and epithets, reducing them to stereotypes and caricature so that they won't be emotionally damaged when they have to shoot them.

the root of this, in my experience, is that those in the corporate decision making track do not regard their end customers as actual people. We are, at best, ambular wallets. Since we are not human to them, we can be lied to, taken advantage of, and generally done with as they please without causing them a single pang of guilt. It's basic dehumanization, much the same way soldiers will think of their enemies in terms of slurs and epithets, reducing them to stereotypes and caricature so that they won't be emotionally damaged when they have to shoot them.
    So then Legal shouldn't care if they announce the rest of the 2013 line-up then, "subject to change", besides if 2013 is "locked in" already, then it shouldn't change for us or them, I mean if we can't request changes, then realistically they can't either, but again, the truth is not something they know how to speak.
    Recent....Blade
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm afraid we'll be given the same line of "If there's a problem we'll replace it for free.", which, every time I read it, reminds me that Scott still doesn't get that while we value our money, the loss of OUR TIME is what has truly turned people away from this line. Sure it's nice that they replace defective figures (which they should), but the amount of time and energy we waste making such an exchange is absurd.
    They replace defective figures? I thought they just refunded the money saying they had none to replace it with.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

The price increase isn't about improving, it is about keeping up. Mattel are treading water, not offering anything better.

Expect the same QC, if not worse, considering that teh lien is in a morbid state.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Higher price point and better QC aren't mutually exclusive, unfortunately.

The Four Horsemen needs to review the specs on their own sculpts before they go into production, not Scott and Bill: plain and simple.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    That is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

That's my wife's pet name for me.

So then when is a lie to be considered a lie then exactly?

We were clearly told months back when the increase was announced, long before we knew how much it would be, that it was to compensate for the materials, and to compensate for missing acc's & paint....and we were told that. And clearly the new price is just for the figure, no more details, no more acc's, after we were all assured that the paint apps would be spared as well as acc's. I don't care how much stuff costs, that is not the topic here, it's that they always say one thing, then back pedal, yet they can't announce 6 months of figures, because something may change, yet we're told it's all locked in, yet they can say other things then go back on it....

So it's not OK to say someone lied, even though they really did, so long as it's Mattel doing it?
    Recent....Blade
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Let's put it this way: when Monster High dolls took off with a bang, there were major QC problems, with some of the dolls breaking after only a day or two of play. If Mattel was willing to cut corners and use the cheapest materials and designs they could on a major new retail line, what makes anyone think they won't scrape the absolute bottom of the materials and paint opps barrel with a small line like MOTUC?

As for Mattel saying that the increase in price would prevent dropping paint or accessories for future figures, well...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 576 times, shame on me...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

No one plans on making QC issues, of course. I'm sure they did everything they could to prevent them. But they still happen. They will still happen on individual figures since they are hand assembled and painted and they might happen if a bad design decision is made or a faulty material is used. Some of this stuff just isn't 100% preventable and will never be no matter how much money you throw at it.

It's good to hear they at least TRY to learn from their mistakes by not using weird materials (ala Snout Spout) and learning from past issues like using a thicker plastic for Netossa's net versus Leech's.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    So then when is a lie to be considered a lie then exactly?

We were clearly told months back when the increase was announced, long before we knew how much it would be, that it was to compensate for the materials, and to compensate for missing acc's & paint....and we were told that. And clearly the new price is just for the figure, no more details, no more acc's, after we were all assured that the paint apps would be spared as well as acc's. I don't care how much stuff costs, that is not the topic here, it's that they always say one thing, then back pedal, yet they can't announce 6 months of figures, because something may change, yet we're told it's all locked in, yet they can say other things then go back on it....

So it's not OK to say someone lied, even though they really did, so long as it's Mattel doing it?
    These are my sentiments exactly. A lie is a lie, end of story.

Still always surprised at how much people talk there being QC problems, as I'm at 80+ figures now and haven't had a single QC issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    I'm at 80+ figures now and haven't had a single QC issue.
    Check your figures....
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!