View Poll Results: Baf's or Subscription exclusives?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want BAF's.

12 13.95%
  • Subscription exclusives sound cool.

43 50.00%
  • Both.

24 27.91%
  • Neither.

7 8.14%

Thread: Would you prefer BAF's or subscription exclusives?

Would you prefer BAF's or subscription exclusives?

There's a lot of discussion these days about Baf's in MotUC. My thoughts are that a reasonable alternative to BAF's would be subscription exclusives. These would be offered to people who commit to purchase a certain amount of figures in advance, 6 seems like a good number. IMO this would be superior to BAF's because we'd get a complete figure in it's own package, instead of lots of parts, also the additional cost for parts and shipping would be paid only by those who get the exclusive, and lastly it's more MOC-collector friendly, since it's another MOC figure and not parts in separate packages that our MOC lovin' friends can't enjoy.

Id rahter go the subscription route. I was never a fan of BAF's so I dont really want them in the MOTUC line.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Would the "subscription exclusive" figures be free, or would we have to pay $20 for them? If so, I say do BAF instead because after buying 6 figures or so, you get another figure 100% free. 12 figures a year = 2 BAFs for free.

I'll vote after I get this clarified.

I'm a MOC collector, so a subscription exclusive sounds better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm a MOC collector, so a subscription exclusive sounds better to me.
    same here.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I am also a MOC collector. BAF are worthless to me and actually take away from (IMO) the MOC figure. Now I have Stinkor and some dudes leg in a blister. I'd much prefer a subscription exclusive.
    My Vintage MOTU Want List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=160111
    My Others Want List:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169076
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Vintage MOC and MISB For Sale:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...FA-and-non-AFA

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    If the subscription is going to eliminate the Chase, re-paint and variants from the monthly figures, then is ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Would the "subscription exclusive" figures be free, or would we have to pay $20 for them? If so, I say do BAF instead because after buying 6 figures or so, you get another figure 100% free. 12 figures a year = 2 BAFs for free.

I'll vote after I get this clarified.
    Well keep in mind that I'm only making my best guess here, but if BaF's cause the price of figures to go up a couple of bucks each (and I don't know if they would), wouldn't that be the same as paying for an extra figure? In other words I think it would be unlikely for Mattel to do them for free, although I doubt anyone would be opposed if they did.

This actually brings up another point. Supposing that BaF's cause a price per figure increase, but subscription exclusives have their own separate cost, isn't that even more reason for the SE? That way people who don't want the extra fig aren't forced to pay for BaF parts that they don't want.

However if Mattel offers a 1 year subscription, I would hope they'd give us something free, for paying that much money in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaundon View Post
    I am also a MOC collector. BAF are worthless to me and actually take away from (IMO) the MOC figure. Now I have Stinkor and some dudes leg in a blister. I'd much prefer a subscription exclusive.
    Same here, I prefer a subsription. Don't want extra limbs floating around in the bubble or taped to the back of the package

well this is a weird blast from the past. I am glad we got exclusives rather than baf, though ironically this would have been the first line that I actually would have collected all teh figures to make the baf anyways.

I like Bafs, but usually I'd rather just have the figure without having to buy all of them. LIke I said, this is the first time where I am buying all of them anyway.

At any rate it just shows that in hindsight, Exclusives worked better.

I'll stick with the sub exclusives too.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Having both would be cool. Of course keep the Sub exclusive figures, and putting a BAF piece in select packages would be cool too. This may be the best way to get obscure large characters like Calix, Dragoon, and Cambro.

CAMBRO!!

For the love of MOSS MAN, please never let them do Buy-A-bunch-of-crap-you-don't-want-just-to-get-the-Figure-you-do-want!!!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    For the love of MOSS MAN, please never let them do Buy-A-bunch-of-crap-you-don't-want-just-to-get-the-Figure-you-do-want!!!
    They already do that. It's called the Sub Exclusive Figure. There's always eBay and other aftermarkets for the less committed and cherry-pickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    They already do that. It's called the Sub Exclusive Figure. There's always eBay and other aftermarkets for the less committed and cherry-pickers.
    Not the same thing. With the Sub Exclusive, if you don't want some of the other figures, you can still sell them, with BAF, you'd have to rip open all those packages to get the parts out, and wouldn't be able to sell the unwanted ones except as loose figures for a fraction of the cost.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Not the same thing. With the Sub Exclusive, if you don't want some of the other figures, you can still sell them, with BAF, you'd have to rip open all those packages to get the parts out, and wouldn't be able to sell the unwanted ones except as loose figures for a fraction of the cost.
    That's true to a small extent. You have to look at the bigger picture...

-It would take far less figures (5-6) to B1F as opposed to getting 16+ figs (all year) just for the one. Those odds are far better for saving you money, time, and hassle hawking the few figs you may not have wanted.

-The aftermarket value for opened, missing BAF piece figures usually doesn't drop that dramatically. For new figures, it usually isn't more than 1/3 of the MOC price. So you might have to sell a fig for $14 you just bought for $20. You don't expect to get that BAF for free do you?

-Some people do even better selling loose pieces than MOC/IB. Not just BAF pieces cherry pickers have to buy; but heads, hands, bucks, and weapons from the actual carded figures. For example- the Great Unrest pack most just bought for $18 is averaging $40+ (loose/split) in our very own Org
    marketplace.

MOTUC needs BAFs.

I honestly don't care about those things, to me you get a lot of useless pieces if you don't buy everything to build it....I'd much rather my figures come in one piece, with exceptions to Granamyr, Wind Raider, Castle Grayskul....etc...

And looking at the DCU ones....the parts look ridiculous fro a MOSC display, not to mention, you'd never have the figure you have to build MOSC for display.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snappy Threader
    Sub exclusive without a doubt.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Subscription exclusives sound cool to me.

Heroic Warrior
    Sub exclusives- the entire BAF thing has never sit very well with me
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE