View Poll Results: How big should Dragoon be?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regular Figure Size (Lord Dactys - King Chooblah)

33 41.77%
  • Oversized Figure (Ram Man - Tuskador)

26 32.91%
  • Beast Size (Shadow Beast - Gygor)

19 24.05%
  • No Preference

1 1.27%

Thread: Dragoon: How big should he be?

Dragoon: How big should he be?

Should Dragoon be a regular figure, an oversized figure or a beast? Please vote for your preferred version!

Here are some reference pictures from the cartoon:

I've also included a comparison photo of the Draego-Man & Orko figures below, just to give a sense of scale. A regular sized Dragoon figure would likely require new thighs and a new torso "armor" covering.

Here's link to a discussion on Dragoon's size: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...73#post3592073

PS. Apologies to anyone who voted in my previous attempt at this poll, but I had to restart the poll to clarify the size options.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RocketPunch; August 14, 2015 at 02:39pm.

Sure, he could be over-sized, but I think competition for those slots is going to be pretty steep for the next few years and I want to see this guy made, so I voted regular figure sized.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

3 Club Eternia, 3 Club 200X, 2 Collectors' Choice. 1 Beast Man. 1 Camo Khan. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Beast Mode!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I went with regular sized.

I could also see him as a slightly larger oversized figure, but I think he'd be just fine if done like Lord Dactys and King Chooblah.

MOTUC Shadow Beast size is way too big for Dragoon. In the MOTUC scale he'd dwarf the regular characters if he were that big. Not to mention, he'd stand almost no chance of being released in that scale.

Anyone who wants Dragoon made in the MOTUC line, please post in his support thread!!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Support-Thread
    Last edited by dedset13; August 16, 2015 at 05:05pm.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Beast size all the way

If you're gonna do him, do him right!
    My MOTU most wanted: Skelcons, Major Header, Satma, Great Black Wizard, Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Catra Cat Form, King Miro, Hunga the Harpy, Lady Slither, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

Heroic Warrior
    Based solely on the pic where Dragoon is giving He-Man a knee to the ol' loincloth (ha), I think he's gotta be an oversized figure, AT A MINIMUM.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Quote Originally Posted by S'laargorath View Post
    If you're gonna do him, do him right!
    That's exactly why he shouldn't be Beast sized.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Sure, he could be over-sized, but I think competition for those slots is going to be pretty steep for the next few years and I want to see this guy made, so I voted regular figure sized.
    This sums it up for me. Dragoon as a regular figure seems more likely and increases options for any remaining beast slots from amongst the likes of:
    The Glorm
    The Demon (MEF mini)
    Stridor
    Molkrom
    Catra's panther form
    Ice Hacker
    Manticore
    Mer-man' 200x flying fish
    Mantisaur
    Bionotops
    Tyrantisaurus Rex
    Clawdeen
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Really no preference. Between Draego Man & Lord Dactys I've seen proven he'd look just fine normal size.

Slightly oversized is cool, ala Ram Man.

Truely beast sized seems too big to me, but so be it.

I am not particularly moved by the need for his inclusion in this line, but would be proud to stand him there if he were made no matter the size.

Probably prefer not bigger than Ramman/Tuskador, ect.

Heroic Warrior
    Little larger than a regular figure. Not beast suze. That's to big.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Even though he is slightly larger than your average muscle-bound-hero, I still vote for regular size.

I've always considered Dragoon to be of the same build as He-Man, Beast Man, Batros, etc...
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I voted oversized. As a deluxe figure, Dragoon can fit into the quarterly/bi-quarterly slot leaving the monthly/bimonthly spots for much needed and wanted basic sized figures. There's way too many of those still left for Mattel to make and Dragoon can stand out as a new sculpt just above Drago-Man and below Granamyr as a dragon like species. Also, certain parts from Dragoon can be used for characters like Filmation Molkrom, Nu52 Havoc Skeletor, or 200x Tung Lashor, to name a few.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    He should be giant sized like Tytus, Megator, and Procrustus if you ask me...

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    He should be giant sized like Tytus, Megator, and Procrustus if you ask me...
    That's not Dragoon. That is the Dark One. They share the same character model but are two different characters.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    That's not Dragoon. That is the Dark One. They share the same character model but are two different characters.
    Maybe Dragoon is the Dark One's street name?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!