Thread: Thought all figures where supposed to come with at least 2 weapons/heads/accessories.

Thought all figures where supposed to come with at least 2 weapons/heads/accessories.

If I can remember right,wasn't each figure supposed to come with at least 2 heads, weapons, or accessories. Since Stratos didn't come with anything and everyone complained that where are we getting our money's worth. Mattel decided to include some swag. Well with Cy-Chop we got nuthing. I mean we got these rediculous sccissor hands that suck. Way too big. We got this belt with loops that should hold other accessories. Or even hands. But we got nuthing. So am I wrong here in wanting something more for this really cool figure.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Well that theory went out the window. Now a cape could be an accessory, such as with Netossa, although I could not identify this happening in the past. But if Cy-Chop has nothing, then yeah, we were given a light figure. History would dictate that his hands and belt could not be considered accessories. I hadnt noticed this, but I did notice that both Netossa and Ram Man seem short on accessories. Previously I dont think an extra head was considered an accessory either.

- - - Updated - - -

TG said several times in the past that after Stratos, which came just as the original vintage one did, that they would get 2 accessories per figure or more.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Well that theory went out the window. Now a cape could be an accessory, such as with Netossa, although I could not identify this happening in the past. But if Cy-Chop has nothing, then yeah, we were given a light figure. History would dictate that his hands and belt could not be considered accessories. I hadnt noticed this, but I did notice that both Netossa and Ram Man seem short on accessories. Previously I dont think an extra head was considered an accessory either.

- - - Updated - - -

TG said several times in the past that after Stratos, which came just as the original vintage one did, that they would get 2 accessories per figure or more.
    Since Cy-chop is a brand new character... I'm actually fine with it. I have a feeling his hands were expensive to tool and that's their reasoning.... much like Netossa's cape was extra expensive to make.

Imagine how much MORE you'd be annoyed if they had to cut things like Nettossa's mask and sword.... but Cy-chop came with 3 extra weapons

The streets would run red....

Cy-Chop's hands are the weapons. They're not regular hands. If anything he didn't come with two regular hands.

I honestly don't think a figure like Cy-Chop would warrant a boat load of money tossed into it having extras over say Rattlor....I mean be real, we can't even get a figure that's not fully painted anymore, and you think a D or even F list character like CC rates extra goodies? I mean this from a company who thought it a cool idea to give us a green Clawful mace in a new weapons pack, like we never had the thing in the line before, and it almost looks identical to the original release....That was a waste of a weapon slot there....plus now a cape is an extra, because it can be a....gasps....net....who cares, it's still a damn cape....

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Cy-Chop's hands are the weapons. They're not regular hands. If anything he didn't come with two regular hands.
    Excuses, excuses....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I think the point was that in the past you typically got a full figures, hands or whatever passed for hands, and then 2 additional accessories. Now a cape or extra head, or in the case of Cy-Chop his hands, are passing for accessories. This just when we are told prices are going up on the figures. Sure they said accessories would not be cut, but didnt guarantee they just wouldnt plan them at all...right??

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    No promises were made about extra accessories for a seperate sub line like the 30th Sub. Besides... a lot of tooling went into those really cool, oversized scissor hands. I put parts from the silver Spy Monkey pirate set in his belt and they look awesome (the cutlass blade on one side and the fly-swatter on the other).

They normally try to shoot for two accessories per figure. Its not a given that every figure is going to get that. Some get more than that. I frankly don't mind if the figure gets less accessories if it doesn't lose new sculpting and paint apps. Like draego-man for example. This dude is huge and looks great, but he only comes with a flame sword. Now they made a shield with attachable flames, sword, and flame whip. They got bumped, but came later in a weapons pack. I for one would rather get weapon packs with newly tooled weapons for characters, than just plain repaints that I rarely even use. Give me more figures with more sculpting and more paint apps with less accessories and possibly more newly tooled weapon packs and I'll be a happy camper.

From what I understood, at least some part of the 2 accessory rule had to do with a potential retail release of the line. Figures started to have enough items included that one could be cut for a retail version, so that the Mattycollector version would still be special with an exclusive piece. During the stressful 10 minute sell-out times, fans would be irritated to see the same items they went through an ordeal to obtain suddenly hanging in TRU.

I think part of that motivation is out the window at this point since a wide retail release doesn't seem to be happening and even if it did we're getting far beyond the A & B-list characters that would make it to retail.

I understand Cy-Chop not having any extras since those scissors are gigantic with moving parts and the guts probably added some costs.

That said, I'd have liked to see some silver Trap-Jaw parts or something in the last Weapons pack since Cy-Chop, Horde Prime and Spikor could have used them. Hand swapping is fun!

I think Cy-Chop is fine just the way he is. I'm one of those rare people who LOVE the two giant scissor hands and feel that they make the figure feel like something different compared to the rest of the line. If I was a betting man, I would say that we'll be seeing some other weapons for Cy-Chop or optional hands in a weapons pack down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    I think Cy-Chop is fine just the way he is. I'm one of those rare people who LOVE the two giant scissor hands and feel that they make the figure feel like something different compared to the rest of the line. If I was a betting man, I would say that we'll be seeing some other weapons for Cy-Chop or optional hands in a weapons pack down the line.
    Yea that's how they getcha to buy the weapons packs..
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Yea that's how they getcha to buy the weapons packs..
    I agree, but I'm happy with Cy-Chop just the way he is. I WILL buy that weapons pack for Rattlor's armor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    If I can remember right,wasn't each figure supposed to come with at least 2 heads, weapons, or accessories. Since Stratos didn't come with anything and everyone complained that where are we getting our money's worth. Mattel decided to include some swag. Well with Cy-Chop we got nuthing. I mean we got these rediculous sccissor hands that suck. Way too big. We got this belt with loops that should hold other accessories. Or even hands. But we got nuthing. So am I wrong here in wanting something more for this really cool figure.
    There is no set number. Man - At - Arms came with 2 heads and 4 weapons / Stinkor came with 2 weapons and extra parts and Stratos came with nothing. It all evens out - they get everything they can in each figure.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

To demand they every figure come with X number accessories is ridiculous. Every figure comes with it's own costs attached. Cychop has GIANT hands, complex internal parts, and a belt. I'm sure that all cost plenty to produce.