Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 098 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 098 Discussion!

Episode 098 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode Scott Neitlich and Eric Treadaway join us as we discuss
    Danielle's chaos,
    Outer Space Men,
    cutting figures from the line (or not),
    vintage toys and key animated,
    replacement parts and returns,
    Power-con give-away accessory,
    polybagging requirement,
    glass cabinets,
    Netossa - January 2013,
    direction of Princess of Power sculpts,
    costs and material limitations,
    skin tones,
    Ram Man - January 2013,
    Pixel Dan give-aways,
    thanks to the fans for 2013
    and much more!

MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
    none

MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
    none

Intro/Outro info:
    Song: Glass Cabinet
    Album: Rakash
    Band: The Void's Last Stand
    ***Please support these Artists! Many are fans of MOTU and POP, and some are fans here in our community.

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 36 minutes, 58 seconds

Direct link for Episode 098

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Cannot wait to listen to all of this!!! Started it but need to hit the hay pretty quick I love it when Eric Treadway and Scott Neitlich join the crew!! I hope we get some more info about the direction the 2014 line goes!!

Elder Councilman
    Penny, I fully agree with your sentiment; I want everyone too. I would never say "I don't mind if I don't get this guy or that guy".

I agree with pushing to get everything, hands down.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Funny listening to this after my comments on the last one. The clarification was good at the start for people to hear - it's about which you get to first - concept or very minor non-vintage characters or vintage and major animation characters. Also, the absolute clarification that vintage=MOTU, POP and NA is good. And that animation=He-man and the MOTU, She-Ra and POP, NA, and 200X.

Speaking of the Wind Raider, I am VERY close to buying a second. I just feel it'd be silly too in some ways, but man it's such a cool vehicle and I kind of like the idea of having two. But space is limited... Hmmm...

Eric working on a new MOTU... for next summer.... going to be very exciting... I was just hoping - "I hope it's a PowerCon reveal!" and it won't be... wah wah. I hope there will be plenty at PowerCon. That whole conversation was so painful, but in a fun way.

A good amount of Secret Accessory clues! A happy accident that happened... speculation frenzy go! It is a weapon... oh man, I can't wait to find out what it is!

Back to listening...

Interesting Netossa WAS going to have the headdress but ended up being really heavy on the budget because of new tooling (including her cape) and that's why their was only a shield too. :Sniffle: I am totally cool with her colors and the Filmation look as that's what I prefer overall. But I really do miss the headdress/mask. Maybe we'll get it someday, somehow. Overall, the talk about Netossa was very interesting. The fact that a cloth/net might have been double the cost of a tooled cape was crazy. I never thought it'd be that much of a difference. Glad Scott recognized that fans really want that stuff. Weapons Pak 4? Her face sculpt is probably one of the nicest in the line.

I got goosebumps hearing about Ram Man. Can't wait for that figure.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Penny, I fully agree with your sentiment; I want everyone too. I would never say "I don't mind if I don't get this guy or that guy".

I agree with pushing to get everything, hands down.
    Somewhere in some small town, maybe stateside or abroad, is a guy that loves a MOTU character that I've never given the time of day or maybe am even only vaguely aware of, but I want him to get a Classics figure of his favorite. I want to know what he likes about it and I want to experience why in Classics form myself. I could never campaign or speculate that someone's favorite should not get included. It's just too negative an endeavor for me.

I hope we get them all and, when we don't, I'll miss the ones we didn't get - whoever they are.
    Last edited by Daniel Lynch; August 20, 2012 at 01:49am.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Sweet, downloading now.

Listening now

PLEASE!! Someone tell Eric: Bow is/was perfect. The extra detail is AWESOME. It is NOT too far I was surprised to hear him say that he thought the reaction was mixed. Bow seems to be pretty popular among most MOTUC collectors according to the polls over the years.

I don't remember reading that people disliked the detailing. For example, the artistic license taken with the head band from the vintage toy-inspired head was INCREDIBLE!!

As for the style - I'm really enjoying the type of combination design. Bow is great that way. Catra's toy was SO different, so she's difficult to do a combo design for.

Glimmer would benefit from some toy-inspired detailing: her staff... glow in the dark staff and tiara maybe? the skirt? the shoulder armor? the silver? Any of those things added to the Filmation design would be awesome. The toys provide a bank from which there might be details used to bulk up the Filmation designs.
    Last edited by bcrduke; August 20, 2012 at 02:07am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Loved the Ram Man talk! I want him NOW. I really think he's about as perfect as can be. Not much more to say about him than that. I was sad we didn't get through more figures though! So many more good things to talk about. I hope Eric can be back for next week too...

Also, I must second the Outer Space Men being amazing! Got my re-release OSM Wave 1 & 2 (I had gotten the first versions, but I really do like the new ones better) and the Cosmic Creator series and they are great.

Great listen! As far as POP figures, I think the Horsemen should look at the Style Guide more-so than the cartoon.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

SO the figure Eric was sculpting is one of Scott's favorites??

Hmmm....

A few characters come to mind: Two Bad... Castaspella... Snake Face... ???
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    PLEASE!! Someone tell Eric: Bow is/was perfect. The extra detail is AWESOME. It is NOT too far
    Agreed. Bow is awesome. I wish more figures were like Bow!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Also, I must second the Outer Space Men being amazing! Got my re-release OSM Wave 1 & 2 (I had gotten the first versions, but I really do like the new ones better) and the Cosmic Creator series and they are great.
    OSM have become one of my favorite lines! I've got some new reviews of those coming up at IAT!
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    Somewhere in some small town, maybe stateside or abroad, is a guy that loves a MOTU character that I've never given the time of day or maybe am even only vaguely aware of, but I want him to get a Classics figure of his favorite. I want to know what he likes about it and I want to experience why in Classics form myself. I could never campaign or speculate that someone's favorite should not get included. It's just too negative an endeavor for me.

I hope we get them all and, when we don't, I'll miss the ones we didn't get - whoever they are.
    Absolutely a great philosophy on this. Me personally, I couldn't give two tosses about most of the POP and NA lines (not entirely but most of both), but I don't begrudge them spots. They deserve as much to be in the line as my beloved Meteorbs, Saurod, Goat Man and Evil Robot.

Songster should have been the nod to Freddy Mercury

Again, I agree with Eamon that Rio Blast IS awesome. He's one of my favorites. He always has been. All those kick-butt guns and the cowboy theme. Just so cool!!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Great Episode.....and hey, I DID vote for Songster!!! Underdog and I wanted one for my DJ booth! And I agree with bcrduke - Freddy Mercury all the way (win/win) I'm also really looking forward to Ram Man.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    SO the figure Eric was sculpting is one of Scott's favorites??

Hmmm....

A few characters come to mind: Two Bad... Castaspella... Snake Face... ???
    I remember Plundor is also a favorite of Scott.

*deep sigh* Listening to the discussions regarding POP toy vs Filmation looks always leaves me feeling dissatisfied, because we get the same type of answers that shirk the core arguments some of us bring up on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    I remember Plundor is also a favorite of Scott.
    He also really liked Castaspella and even mentioned her again in the podcast. Who knows!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    He also really liked Castaspella and even mentioned her again in the podcast. Who knows!
    Who Knows? Scott & the Horsemen know We are the ones who are left to speculate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    *deep sigh* Listening to the discussions regarding POP toy vs Filmation looks always leaves me feeling dissatisfied, because we get the same type of answers that shirk the core arguments some of us bring up on the boards.
    I know you are disapointed about this news but it was Eric Treadway who said they would be following the Filmation looks of the POP Females and not the POP toy look. Scott has said several times the females in the line would be made to look as if they existed in the MOTU toyline only with an updated look. Who knows Tallstar you might really like how the Horsemen make the POP females look. We just have to wait and see.

Always love when TG and the 4HM talk about the line. Hope we still get Netossa's mask. Sword I am not too worried about but relieved to know Scott is totally aware.

Also cool Scott bringing up the tribal warrior pic. Hes on my custom radar so tip speak. I've got a Demo Man tunic ready, just waiting for more body parts. Plus got to figure how to make his weapons.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...se-Magazine-15
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

master of hiphop
    Great Ep, brother! i do enjoy when the guests are added to the list, to hear their point of view on certain topics..

Well done as usual !
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

awesome show guys! thanks

not that im a POP fan or any sort of authority on the subject; but i think the way that they have been produced and tooled for MOTUC is pretty outstanding ... the aesthetics, look and feel of the figures are great and they are a great mature and modernised version of the POP characters ... i can understand why the 4H didn't draw too much from the classic POP toy-line look as they are just like mini barbie-dolls to me ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; August 20, 2012 at 12:45pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    awesome shoe guys! thanks
    are we talking a Nike Shoe or Adidas shoe?? just yanking your chain.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    are we talking a Nike Shoe or Adidas shoe?? just yanking your chain.
    i was quick to edit that one! ... but let's go adidas!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hope they make Clamp Champ match the mini-comic...skin color-wise too as well as the afro!

Vintage Clamp Champ was Peter Mensah dark!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)