Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 098 Discussion!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I was just discussing this with Jon-O, if you compare the vintage Teela to a vintage POP figure with out soft goods (we are talking sculpt here) it's clear that even in the vintage line Teela had way more detail. (See photo below)
    So I don't except the argument that the vintage POP had so much more detail and would be on pare with Teela and Evil Lyn. Yes they have some detail on the tops of the boots and on their gauntlets but they were not painted with detail like Teela's were so they blend in. I want to go on record as saying I like having these detail on the MOTUC POP figures, my point is the vintage line is not as detailed as MOTU so it stands to reason that the same would be true in MOTUC.
    That's a fairly strange strange way of looking at it. You're essentially stripping the character naked, so yes, of course the figure will be less detailed. If Glimmer's vest was sculpted plastic, it would have the collar and the spiral-pattern details sculpted on it (like MOTUC Bow's shoulders...that's the pattern from the silver material used on vintage PoP figures). Her belt is the same spiral-pattern with a 'V' shaped sticker, which would be sculpted with the prismatic design and a pleated skirt. You can't just remove all their clothes pretending that they don't exist. I know it's a bit more challenging, but you have to try to imagine if they were plastic. I mean, vintage MOTU also used rooted hair for the long haired characters and soft goods/cloth when needed (Prince Adam's vest, King Randor's cape, Scareglow's cape, Megator and Tytus' hair, Battle Blade Skeletor's hair). "Naked" Prince Adam without his vest and belt from the 80's MOTU line would obviously be less detailed than Filmation Prince Adam, because you're not stripping him naked. The funny thing is that "naked" Glimmer (when you take away all her clothing) looks more like Filmation Glimmer.

I think the 4H are on the right path with POP, the Filmation look with added details works well for these figures. If the line continues on then by all means so some POP toy variants but at this point I'm just hoping we get all of the POP characters in the line.
    I really do not understand where all the fighting is coming from right now. It's more like people are reading comments that were said by Tallstar and I from 2-4 years ago. Both of us prefer the toy designs, yes. We're not campaigning for Mattel to only make toy versions. Hybrids, toy details with the Filmation design as a base. This is also what most other people are asking for...so why are we being "attacked" for our preferences? Like...seriously, what the hell?

From me specifically, the only three PoP characters I specifically PRAY they make more like the toy and less like Filmation is Spinnerella (1/2 her design is missing in Filmation: crown, multiple streamers, the colouring) Perfuma and Peekablue. Peacocks are colourful, vibrant and have a LOT of detail: Filmation Peekablue does not. I'm okay with a hybrid of her Filmation shaped top, Filmation head/hair, but she REALLY needs her bright, vibrant toy colours and peacock feathers sculpted after the toy. Another cool idea I came up with to help please the most people RE: Peekablue: make her feathers two sided. One side to have details sculpted after the toy. The other side to be sculpted after Filmation. How phenomenal would that Peekablue figure be?!

Filmation Perfuma looks like Little Miss Muffet. I like how the toy design looks more like a warrior. Two heads and two removable outfits would work ala Queen Marlena, probably.

I also agree with bcrduke on Mermista, the Filmation legs are so much more appealing. I never understood the boots, were did they come from? The Filmation legs look like her tail split into legs. Add a removable belt to and a few other toy detail and you're good to go.
    I thought it was magic, like in The Little Mermaid when Ariel transforms into a human (except Mermista doesn't go all naked).

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    No one is saying (or at least I'm not saying) your opinions are not valid. They are valid and are noted by everyone here. We are just saying that continuing to hold out hope for "toy" accurate versions of these characters in this line is just going to lead to super disappointment for you.
    Toy designs are my preference, but I'm not holding out for 100% toy designs. I would like to see hybrids or a Filmation base with toy detailing. Whatever we get for PoP figures, I want them to be well detailed and actually look like they are a part of the DETAILED MOTUC line. The only real example of how I see a lot of the PoP figures so far in MOTUC, would be the Filmation King Randor we're getting. Compare the detail level on him to the first King Randor MOTUC figure we got. I want to see PoP with the level of detail as King Randor 1.0 not 2.0. In my eyes, that's "colouring book" level of detail or a JLU-appropriate style. I don't think the level of detail on Eternos Palace Randor is at the level it should be in an expensive, Adult Collector line. Now, I'm not trying to begrudge anyone their Filmation King Randor. I'm not excited by him, but I wish he had a higher level of detailing.

I like and prefer detailed characters in all toy lines.

I WOULD like it very much if Mattel made Castaspella and Kowl together as an SDCC item. That way AT SDCC, they could be toy colours and the MattyCollector version would the the Filmation. I think this would be best because most people could get the Filmation version online and this would make SO many people happy. Both versions of the characters have the same details, just different colouring. They're an EXCELLENT choice for an SDCC item and it gets two main PoP characters released.

A Toy Catra vs Toy She-Ra two pack would be friggin awesome! Bcrduke has also expressed a desire for toy variants of these two. I'm not sure if that opinion has changed, as he also favoured toy designs a few years ago...but clearly does not now.

Other than that, the ONLY PoP character I think deserves a variant release is Queen Angella. Toy vs Filmation are night and day different: different hair styles and colours, different outfits and the outfits are even different colours! I don't think they could do a 2-in-1 with her, but hell, if they gave her the top design of the toy, 2 heads and removable pants I would be BEYOND happy!

I wanted the Toy versions of the Star Sisters, as did the majority of people asking for them, but I know they will never come. If Mattel could at LEAST release their missing accessories in the line somehow, I would be okay with that.

I'm glad that it was bcrduke who made this statement since he tends to be a die-hard POP fan, but is clearly not in favor of completely vintage-toy based POP figures with this statement.
    I guess he isn't now, but he used to be.

But with all due respect, the case for getting these particular versions of these figures in this line [i]isn't[/] that strong, and it never was. If anything, as I just said earlier, the case is even weaker than previously thought (though it was never that 'strong' in the first place).
    If you're talking about the Star Sisters, no, the majority of people wanted the toy prototype versions. Filmation + toy details is more popular for other characters, but the Star Sisters are one of the only times that it was nearly unanimous that people wanted the toy versions.

Darkspectre acts like nobody knows of his past suggestions... i.e. making POP figures with alternate outfits like Marlena. And that's not true either. I remember those suggestions and they are fine in-and-of themselves. But let's be realistic here.. Marlena was an exclusive at a higher price point. Granted she came with Cringer and these POP figures likely wouldn't come with a similar companion, but none the less I could see where including an alternate outfit with each applicable POP figure would add a lot to the tooling and production cost, and may come either at the expense of other accessories coming with the figures that they should come with, or might result in bumping them up into a higher priced oversized/specialty slot like Ram-Man. And I don't think that most people would want to give up other accessories or have to pay more for a figure just so it can come with an alternate outfit that most people won't even care about or use anyway.
    Reading a lot of the comments from the last few days, it really doesn't feel like people are listening. I want the MOST people happy. By most, I don't mean "just Filmation fans." I mean as many PoP fans as possible. For example, Netossa. If her skirt and detailing were silver and she came with her mask, would Filmation fans' lives ended? Would they like her the same because they wouldn't have to use the mask if they did not want to? Really, I would be pretty damn happy with Netossa with those two things. It's kind of funny/bizarre/insane about what's happening now. I am NOT the only person asking for the silver on her and the mask...and this is where all this back and forth from the last few days has stemmed from. Bcrduke also wants Netossa's mask...as do a LOT of people. Why the hell am I being singled out? If my last few posts seem slightly ****** off, that's because I am ****** off right now. I've pretty much been saying the same thing everyone else is saying right now, but something isn't clicking, obviously.

***To re-iterate and make VERY CLEAR, here is my stance on PoP in MOTUC right now:
    - Filmation based designs, with toy details and accessories they had as toys. The detail level has to be up to par with the rest of the Classics figures. Example: Netossa is pretty close, in my opinion. If they sculpted a bit more pleats into her skirt and included her mask her DETAILING would have been perfect. Silver instead of aqua/blue is accurate to all Netossa's source material.

- I would like Spinnerella, Peekablue and Perfuma mainly based on the toys because of their colouring, design and detail level

If it can be realistically and reasonably done at regular figure cost and without sacrificing other accessories, then that's fine.
    I think it can. A lot of the PoP ladies only came with a comb and shield. If they did a "Great Rebellion Weapons Pak" they could put all the repainted shield in there. BAM! Frees up some money to make figures that will make more people happy (as in, the ones that could use an extra head or the Queen Marlena outfit idea).

And using Megator's alternate head as a basis for argument in favor of rooted hair for POP figures (even if you realistically know it isn't going to happen) is extremely weak. It's not like he has a full head of hair. I can see where for the particular look they were going for, it might have been hard with sculpted hair. It isn't a full head of rooted hair and was done in a unique fashion for that particular look. The regular Megator and Tytus heads don't even have rooted hair like the vintage versions did. This is an example of where you guys grasp at straws but act like you've made some kind of compelling point.
    If Mattel made a rooted head pack at the end on the line, I would love it. I'm not campaigning for one or asking for one anymore though. The point of Megator is that, there were a group of fans asking for EXTRA rooted heads for PoP. Mattel said it was impossible to do, because their factory didn't have the capabilities. Then we end up getting an extra "secret" accessory, being a rooted Megator head. While it's a cool accessory, it was a slap in the face to the fans who asked about the rooted heads for a few years and were told it was impossible to do. Not that they didn't want to go that route or whatever, but that it was impossible to do. It just came off like a "we don't give a **** about the fans."
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    How much drama has POP or 200X had since February 2011? Barezz might not have a thousand posts, but new doesn't mean ignorant. You can read REAMS of pages about how unsatisfied either camp is on various subjects. It's to the point where you get stereotyped.
    Well, I'm not sterotyping him or newer members. My comment was based upon a recent discussion in another thread, where there were some gaps in knowledge on his part, and reading through earlier posts. Also, I did say he wouldn't be privy to "some" things. If this person hasn't seen Facebook comments and behind-the-scenes messages directed at me, for example, then they can read all they want on here and still not get the full context. I didn't have a problem with him weighing in per say, it's just that the tone of the post was that of someone ridiculing what I had to say or maybe implying that I'm not being truthful. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Tallstar, I didn't take Brian's post as trying to be insulting. I think he was just pointing out that you and DS post very often and you two basically say the same thing repeatedly.
    With all due respect Lookie, I like you, so don't take this the wrong way... I've butted heads with Brian a few times before and I've read many of his posts both here and in a closed group on Facebook, so I feel I know what I'm talking about. Believe me, he and many other folks repeat themselves as well.

2. You feel POP gets shorted on accessories.
    Yes, but again, there are many, many members who also go on about this.

3. POP should have rooted hair and be based on the toy designs.
    Are you reading through the thread? I already responded about the rooted hair.

That is all I really see posted by you.
    See, this simply isn't true. I post in many different types of threads on this forum and the others. I'm all up in the live-action movie forum, classic MOTU and POP, etc.

Dynamo: I will get to you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

I guess he isn't now, but he used to be.
    He still is. And likes it the most, I think. He just also happens to like everything else. When this line is over, he'll look at his Filmation-based PoP shelf and be happy that he has all those figures in those designs like he never had, or thought he would have in those highly-detailed, highly-articulated sculpts, before, even if he doesn't have all of them, just like we may not have all the later vintage figures. He wants a Sweet Bee figure as much as I've wanted Ram-Man (and Mer-Man), but he doesn't push that agenda into post after post after post. He doesn't need to.

BCRDuke for President!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Well, I'm not sterotyping him or newer members. My comment was based upon a recent discussion in another thread, where there were some gaps in knowledge on his part, and reading through earlier posts. Also, I did say he wouldn't be privy to "some" things. If this person hasn't seen Facebook comments and behind-the-scenes messages directed at me, for example, then they can read all they want on here and still not get the full context. I didn't have a problem with him weighing in per say, it's just that the tone of the post was that of someone ridiculing what I had to say or maybe implying that I'm not being truthful. :/

With all due respect Lookie, I like you, so don't take this the wrong way... I've butted heads with Brian a few times before and I've read many of his posts both here and in a closed group on Facebook, so I feel I know what I'm talking about. Believe me, he and many other folks repeat themselves as well.

Yes, but again, there are many, many members who also go on about this.

Are you reading through the thread? I already responded about the rooted hair.

See, this simply isn't true. I post in many different types of threads on this forum and the others. I'm all up in the live-action movie forum, classic MOTU and POP, etc.

Dynamo: I will get to you soon.
    Fair enough. I just don't like fans of a toyline fighting amongst ourselves. This hobby is supposed to make us happy. Now, granted we all define happy differently, but in the end don't we all just want the best figures possible? Let's try to guess who will be shown at Power-Con and worry less about the figures already shown. We aren't getting a helmet for Netossa, yes Jitsu gets three swords (when he can only hold one). I know he can hold the other two on his back, but was THAT needed either? I'm in the middle as I see good and bad in this line and hope that we can look past the bad and concentrate on the good. I'm not saying it is easy as it is hard for me at times and when I read these boards it just makes it even harder.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Love the cover. Netossa's wardrobe malfunction.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I don't appreciate this response at all. You're a newer member who obviously isn't privy to some of the things that were said to me both here and on Facebook.
    I am sorry if it offended you, but I stand by what I said. I think calling posts propaganda that are designed to harm your cause is extreme. My comment about drama was not a jab at you yourself.

If there is one thing I cannot stand in a debate is someone taking the stance that an opinion is not valid unless someone has seen Private secret messages. Of course I have not seen your private messages, or your facebook. By all means, load up my inbox if that is what it will take for you to even care about me or my opinion.

Finally there is one other important point. Yes my join date is 2011... But that is just when I decided to make a post. I do not remember when I discovered the .org, but I know I have been here reading for at least a year prior to my official join date, if not longer. Adora was my first figure and I ordered her from Matty direct. The way I knew to order as soon as she wenton sale was because or the .org. My activity level may have risen since then and iam sure I have not sen every discussion that has happened, but like MGM said, there is plenty to read on the subject.

And based on what I have seen, POP discussions tend to bring some drama. From lots of people. Hey it is ok, so does Spector.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Go Filmation characters, not Filmation designs. Why are people trumpeting bland cartoon design elements? "Hurray, we want what the sculpts to be without inspiration, with no attention to detail! More 70% please!" When She-Ra MOTUC came out, she had nothing on her boots and bracers, dull gold on a gray dress passing itself off as white, and that was OK? Just because the girls would look more ornate using toy elements, it's doesn't mean they'd looked too "girly" or whatever negative connotation some people are throwing at the nicely-done designs of the toys, They'd look more detail-oriented.

If He-Man came out now based on the cartoon, say good bye to a studded belt, unique gauntlets, strapped boots, and harness blocking studs. That would be such a "Brand X" boring barbarian toy.

PoP works the same way. What is hard is that some of the girls have two very distinct looks. Angella and Glimmer are very detail-oriented in the toys, with completely different outfits. On the show they are just about identical, barring colors. To me, the Four Horsemen got it right in that the toon colors and the unique faces/hair are what you take away from Filmation designs. What they need to keep is the entire toy design for the outfit, which can be pared down if tooled properly if you wanted to get a more Filmation-esque base. But I would love Angella to have a pink and light-blue palette, with her slicked back short hair. But please she is not coming from aerobics. Give her that awesome toy outfit with unique detailing? Why are some folks scared of her looking good? Frosta was a lady with blue hair and an ice theme on the doll. In the toon, she had a very unique face, bangs, accent, and an aggressive sexiness to her. The toy had much nicer embellishments, uniquely scalloped bracers, and a very intricate cape. Emiliano's design showcased what could be done fantastically using both. What it does boil down to is the design choices of the sculptor. If you want them to hear you, you are on the wrong forums.

The designs like She-Ra's are without detail and bland. How much nicer did BP She-Ra look when her bracers and boots were modeled after the vintage toy? I am glad the Four Horsemen are taking that route, and I see what they did with Netossa. This is not their foray, but I love that they are doing the best they can. And these ladies are absolutely gorgeous (well, before the factories get done with them) for a collector line.

It was very telling to hear that Eric didn't take into account the vintage toy much. That's good to know. He will be at Power Con. Get some loose PoP in his hands, folks.

You do a better job of getting across what I've tried to say in past posts about this subject. I think people are afraid of "girly" figures in their collection, and I wish people could get out their 2002 Evil-Lyn and Teela figures and see that the Horsemen can create skirts/dresses for female characters that look feminine and bad-ass at the same time. I want to see that level of commitment to detail when they do Castaspella, Angella, and Glimmer, and everyone else... and not just have them do the easy spandex outfit route with no details at all. Like I've said, Catra is cool in that she looks like an animation cel come to life, but she would look so much better if the dress and guantlets and boots had something more to them.

And right now I'm listening to them talk about Ram Man and how his boots have added details without taking away from the core design of the character... and I'm smacking my forehead asking "WHY don't they do this with EVERY. SINGLE. PoP. FIGURE?!?!"
    Have fun with it. Go the extra mile to make them special. It's too late for The Star Sisters, Catra, and Netossa. But going forward... make some classic PoP toy fans happy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I was just discussing this with Jon-O, if you compare the vintage Teela to a vintage POP figure with out soft goods (we are talking sculpt here) it's clear that even in the vintage line Teela had way more detail. (See photo below)
    So I don't except the argument that the vintage POP had so much more detail and would be on pare with Teela and Evil Lyn. Yes they have some detail on the tops of the boots and on their gauntlets but they were not painted with detail like Teela's were so they blend in. I want to go on record as saying I like having these detail on the MOTUC POP figures, my point is the vintage line is not as detailed as MOTU so it stands to reason that the same would be true in MOTUC.
    Well... that's the problem with what you're saying and posting here with the photos. You're comparing Teela with Glimmer without any of her softgoods. Of course classic toy Teela has more details than a "naked" Glimmer from classic PoP. The softgoods clothes on the classic PoP figures ARE where the details all lie for the most part with each character. So what I think some folks are asking for, and what I'd like, is to see the softgoods turned into sculpted plastic/rubber/whatever kind of material armor that's either part of the figure or done as removable armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Ram Man repaint in cardback colors for 2014!
    I would be into that if it were offered as an outside-the-sub offering. I think he looks better in the cross-sell colors, personally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I know it's a bit more challenging, but you have to try to imagine if they were plastic. I mean, vintage MOTU also used rooted hair for the long haired characters and soft goods/cloth when needed (Prince Adam's vest, King Randor's cape, Scareglow's cape, Megator and Tytus' hair, Battle Blade Skeletor's hair). "Naked" Prince Adam without his vest and belt from the 80's MOTU line would obviously be less detailed than Filmation Prince Adam, because you're not stripping him naked. The funny thing is that "naked" Glimmer (when you take away all her clothing) looks more like Filmation Glimmer.
    This is what I feel too. I sit here and I look at some of the old PoP figures and think "Are people having that much trouble imagining Angella in this outfit as an articulated plastic-outfitted action figure?!"
    I have such an amazing collection of MOTUC toys so far. I like The Star Sisters for what they are, but do wish they'd been done differently. But when I look at Teela and I look at Starla, I think "Man, I hope when she comes out that Glimmer leans more towards Teela in terms of detailing and accessories included than Starla..."

Heroic Warrior
    Are you kidding? I don't understand why Mattel isn't listening to me. The cardback Ram Man was asked for by MANY fans. And, it took FOREVER to get to the figure. Ram Man fans are tired of this. They should start listening to us. We are a large segment of those who subscribed. It is obvious Mattel did not want Ram Man in the line (which also looks like they have somthing against obese people). The hatred of Ram Man should stop now.
    I can only pray you were being sarcastic...but if not....

Obese people? OK, seriously? My friend, I would love an orange/red cardback Ram-Man with identical silver armor (or even variant spiked armor) with an eye-opened head sculpt. That said:

1) It was obvious Mattel didn't want Ram Man in the line: Who is "Mattel" and why are they all of a sudden out to get Ram Man? They were spreading out the heavy hitters, friend, and Ram Man qualifies. There's no big conspiracy there. We all wanted to see Ram Man.

2) Re: "which also looks like they have somthing against obese people". I really don't want to dignifiy such an ignorant statement with a response, but if I must.... (a) Ram Man is a block of muscle, not obese (b) they followed the cardback look down to the darn Chester Gould D1ck Tracy eyes, just not the colors (c) the TOY colors seen on the TOY and the SHOW and the OTHER SHOW have precedence over your orange/red one by "MANY fans".

3) Your statement epitomizes why Toyguru and others can't take use seriously sometimes. Gripe please, but make them legit. After what you wrote, I completely get why Mattel isn't listening to you.

Obese people....

Obese people? OK, seriously? My friend, I would love an orange/red cardback Ram-Man with identical silver armor (or even variant spiked armor) with an eye-opened head sculpt. That said:

1) It was obvious Mattel didn't want Ram Man in the line: Who is "Mattel" and why are they all of a sudden out to get Ram Man? They were spreading out the heavy hitters, friend, and Ram Man qualifies. There's no big conspiracy there. We all wanted to see Ram Man.

2) Re: "which also looks like they have somthing against obese people". I really don't want to dignifiy such an ignorant statement with a response, but if I must.... (a) Ram Man is a block of muscle, not obese (b) they followed the cardback look down to the darn Chester Gould D1ck Tracy eyes, just not the colors (c) the TOY colors seen on the TOY and the SHOW and the OTHER SHOW have precedence over your orange/red one by "MANY fans".

3) Your statement epitomizes why Toyguru and others can't take use seriously sometimes. Gripe please, but make them legit. After what you wrote, I completely get why Mattel isn't listening to you.

Obese people....
    Mattel is not listening to me. I don't understand why. I am not the voice for Ram Man (though I'm going to post as though I am). I must now provide a long post that runs in circles, evading any points you or any other orger might make, then give extensive data and pictures based on the preferences of 30 fans who are right.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Rockinhard was joking. He was purposely exaggerating the issue in the same manner that some fans have in regard to POP variants in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Mattel is not listening to me. I don't understand why. I am not the voice for Ram Man (though I'm going to post as though I am). I must now provide a long post that runs in circles, evading any points you or any other orger might make, then give extensive data and pictures based on the preferences of 30 fans who are right.
    LMAO!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I think he was mocking us PoP fans and our drama.

Edit: Yeah, what Dynamo said.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Slow clapThank You!

Heroic Warrior
    Before I respond to Slave2Evil_Lyn's post, I want to "send out" apologies to the folks that don't get a response from me. There's just too much to get through. heh

Darkspector and I are no more "unrelenting" than many of the fans who want figures based mostly on Filmation. What really bothers me about Brian's assertion is: Not only is there no evidence or indication that Scott perceives us to be the voice of all the POP fans via any of his commentary, but he (Brian) *just* recently got done telling me that my Star Sisters campaign basically wasn't on Mattel's radar at all. That was an 'insider tip' to me. (Not exactly news to me.) So it's ludicrous to now sit here and act as if Scott thinks of me in this way.

To be honest, a lot of what he said just came off like negative propaganda that was meant to diminish the strong case for toy-based designs being included in Classics as well. This isn't the first time this has happened, so it's really aggravating. There's a few folks who have made up things that I've done or said, and then when I ask them to point me to where I've done or said such and such, they go quiet until the cycle repeats itself again at a later time.

When you break it down, it's just playing on these vague notions that aren't rooted in reality, and of course some members are more than happy to go along with anything that's said about me because for some reason my interests are being perceived as a threat to them getting Filmation (insert whatever else) and/or they find me to be annoying. I really wish there was more objectivity.
    They obviously do visit message boards and they take fan's suggestions into consideration, no matter what the poster's name is. But at the same time they are looking for the vast majority's opinion and where something can be affected (like Moss Man's ear flocking). And what is this "strong case for toy-based designs being included in Classics"?
    I must have missed the masses of fans asking for these? And talking about objectivity I think you may want to look in the mirror, because I think it's pretty clear "most" are very happy with what decision Mattel and the Four Horsemen have chosen when it comes to POP figures.

Are you kidding? I don't understand why Mattel isn't listening to me. The cardback Ram Man was asked for by MANY fans. And, it took FOREVER to get to the figure. Ram Man fans are tired of this. They should start listening to us. We are a large segment of those who subscribed. It is obvious Mattel did not want Ram Man in the line (which also looks like they have somthing against obese people). The hatred of Ram Man should stop now.
    LOL.

Obese people....
    Come on seriously? You didn't get the sarcasm?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)

Obese people....
    Don't waste your breath, dude--it seems to be his mission to mock others and their concerns with his little 'jokes' rather than participate in positive conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I can't say I blame Jun-Yor for originally missing it--it's hard to see the sarcasm (or 'humor') in a single post when practically every other post made by someone is wrapped in contempt for his or her fellow users.
    Last edited by Telkan2; August 21, 2012 at 05:53pm.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Love the cover. Netossa's wardrobe malfunction.
    Um... where!?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Ask for a cardback Ram Man (which it seemed feasible in doing so according to the podcast), but calling Mattel prejudiced against the obese because Ram Man isn't orange isn't doing you any favors. As of now, provided anyone there read your post, they have to think you are the "Crazy guy who think we hate fat people". I would LOVE cardback Ram Man, but if you spoke for me, I would distance myself from you SO FAST.

As someone who has been very pointed to folks at Mattel about their product face to face, I am telling you: come up with a better delivery. As they say, you attract more flies with honey than vinegar.

Regardless if you are just being sarcastic, I am making myself very clear to whomever wishes to take this approach. It doesn't work. Scott is an easy target, but he is the brand manager. Scott will be your worst enemy all year, then your best friend come subscription time.

I can't go into detail as I'm at work but my photo was about the boots, gauntlets, and bodices. a fe fans have complained about the lack of details on the MOTUC POP figures in these area and I was trying to illustrate the Teela has more detail in those areas. I'm quite happy with the POP figures we've gotten. I don't see an issue with some boots being smooth. I'm also not saying that the vintage Teela is better than the vintage POP, just pointing out they are not "that" detailed.

It really just seems that some will never be happy with what Mattel gives us. At this point we should all just be pulling to get every character made.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Yes I read his posts, hence why I prefaced it by saying "I pray you are being sarcastic".

Sometimes when you take someone to task, someone else hopefully is getting the message ;-)

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Wow...Toyguru and Four Horsemen Eric REALLY passing notes and torturing us in this latest episode of Gooble. Not sure if I can't stand it or really enjoy it in a twisted, masochistic sort of way.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

It was very obvious how sarcastic his post was, not that I would know anything about those sort of posts...

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It was very obvious how sarcastic his post was, not that I would know anything about those sort of posts...
    Mattel have made you a part-time raconteur de sardonicism.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

If it was "very obvious" then the question would be moot... right? The problem is there are extremes of opinion on every fan board in existence and people get confused (myself included at times) as to when someone is truly being sarcastic or flamboyant and other times just mocking others or perhaps even themselves.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, I agree with this. The way things are now, getting the same figure with a different paint job is very low down on the list of priorities.
    I couldn't agree more, except for maybe Filmation Hordak, but yeah I don't want "Batman or Spiderman" type scuba gear, hologram gear or street gang buster colors just yet. Great episode by the way. I have some retro catching up to do now.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    You and RockinHard should do battle over the sarcasm title. There can't be two masters of sarcasm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I am sorry if it offended you, but I stand by what I said. I think calling posts propaganda that are designed to harm your cause is extreme. My comment about drama was not a jab at you yourself.

If there is one thing I cannot stand in a debate is someone taking the stance that an opinion is not valid unless someone has seen Private secret messages. Of course I have not seen your private messages, or your facebook. By all means, load up my inbox if that is what it will take for you to even care about me or my opinion.
    Well, I'm hoping that you can understand that I've had numerous experiences where, rather than folks simply asking me to clarify/explain my stance on issues relating to MOTUC, I'm approached with sarcasm or an attitude that reeks of "yeah right, like that's actually happening". (To be fair, the latter is the vibe I was getting from your initial post and, to a lesser degree, this one) or a laundry list of stuff that never even happened. So with those preconceived notions I sort of go into "defeated mode" and start to question whether it's worth the time to invest myself.

As for the Facebook comments and private messages - A large portion of the .org fan base is on that platform and pretty well connected, so given how fast news travels, it would be feasible for you to have heard about some of this stuff through the grapevine behind-the-scenes or publicly. The fact that you seem to be unaware, gives me an inkling of where you may be coming from.

And based on what I have seen, POP discussions tend to bring some drama. From lots of people. Hey it is ok, so does Spector.
    According to Toyguru, figures that evoke tons of drama should be viewed as good thing because they're still getting talked about/attention, so that's part of what makes toy-based POP figures such an assest to this line.

On a side note, when I heard him talking about how he can get more headlines for Castle Grayskull vs Battle Ram, I kept thinking: WHY aren't they taking my suggestion on doing an all toy-based and Filmation hybrid POP year to reinvigorate Classics?? THAT would garner tons of headlines. To my knowledge, no major companies at the level of Hasbro, Mattel etc. are making all-female action figure lines.