Thread: New Star Wars Expanded Universe..

Hybrid View

New Star Wars Expanded Universe..

I've read just about every single book from Heir to the empire up to apocolypse..

And ever since Vector Prime, star wars has gotten a little silly..(er)... Ever notice that there where not only smaller scale stories, but very few people died. Now, you've got characters kicking the bucket everywhere, characters surviving insane injuries that would kill a normal person...or still being alive when they should have long ago died... (being slammed into a wall, intestines being dragged behind you on the floor as you charge an enemy..)..etc. it's almost like they are pushing the limit to see how extreme they can take it before they turn off their audience.. No wonder george tends to ignore the expanded universe... it's gotten a little goofy..

That being said, i'd still love to see a CGI movie of thrawn one day.

what's your take on the new star wars books?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Honestly, for me, there are only the 6 movies and the first Clone Wars cartoon.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I've read everything up to Fate of the Jedi which I'm actually planning on starting next month when I take the first two books on holiday with me. But I really enjoyed the Legacy of the Force series even though I thought it was a little rushed in places. Generally I've enjoyed the Del Rey books more then the later Bantam books.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

there are 6 movies? naw. that can't be.

A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi are the only movies I care to remember.

Some of the Clone Wars stuff is good, but when you try to combine it with the first three movies, there's all kinds of story issues.

the only books i ever read was the heir to the empire trilogy. i did like that.

Heroic Warrior
    To me, it's the ORIGINAL trilogy, the first Clone Wars cartoon, both Droids and Ewoks animated series, and some books. The only episode of the CGI Clone Wars series I like is Nomad Droids because it reminded me of the Droids animated series. All it was missing was Threepio blinking.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Six movies, the cartoon Clone Wars and the CGI cartoons are all legit to me. I had read pretty much all of the EU books up to a point, through the whole Darth Caedus thing, and then I just got bored. I haven't read an SW book since then.

I donated a good chunk of the books a few months ago, but I still love most of the earlier books - the Thrawn trilogy, the X-Wing Series, the books of short stories (Mos Eisley, etc.) Basically, everything up to the arrival of the Yuuzhan Vong is fine. After that I lost interest.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    To me, it's the ORIGINAL trilogy, the first Clone Wars cartoon, both Droids and Ewoks animated series, and some books. The only episode of the CGI Clone Wars series I like is Nomad Droids because it reminded me of the Droids animated series. All it was missing was Threepio blinking.
    But the first CW toon does not work without the prequel movies.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    After the finale of NJO, it sucked so much I refuse to pick up another Star Wars novel as long as I live.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.