Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: International Post vs. DHL

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior Zodac666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    247

    International Post vs. DHL

    I made a chart to compare prices of the 2 shipping methods:

    Figures IP DHL
    1 $13.75 $28.95
    2 $21.70 $33.55
    3 $30.15 $38.15
    4 $38.25 $42.70
    6 $60.25 $54.35
    10 $96.15 $65.55
    CG $186.10 $92.60


    As you can see DHL is actually cheaper when ordering 6 figures or more! Same goes for Castle Grayskull

    Now to my questions:

    1.How much faster is DHL compared to IP?

    2.Someone wrote that they didnt have to pay customs fee with DHL is this right?

    3.How do I change shipping method via the "My subscription" page? Cant find this option anywhere
    Last edited by Zodac666; February 18, 2013 at 03:52am.

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior lee-ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82
    Is there anyway to change shipping method for Castle Grayskull? I think i choose International shipping.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    I made a chart to compare prices of the 2 shipping methods:

    Figures IP DHL
    1 $13.75 $28.95
    2 $21.70 $33.55
    3 $30.15 $38.15
    4 $38.25 $42.70
    6 $60.25 $54.35
    10 $96.15 $65.55
    CG $186.10 $92.60


    As you can see DHL is actually cheaper when ordering 6 figures or more! Same goes for Castle Grayskull

    Now to my questions:

    1.How much faster is DHL compared to IP?

    2.Someone wrote that they didnt have to pay customs fee with DHL is this right?

    3.How do I change shipping method via the "My subscription" page? Cant find this option anywhere

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior MrRoboto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus.
    Posts
    2,794
    With IP, i used to wait anywhere btw 6-8 weeks. Now with DHL, i get my figures before or a day or two after Matty sale day. I'm not sure about customs fees in other countries, but in Aus i don't pay whether it's IP or DHL. You have to call Matty to change your shipping option. The number should be on the same page as the My Subscription option. If your just changing your address or payment info then you can do that thru My Subscription.

    As for Castle Grayskull, i'd assume you'd have to call Matty as well

    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

    *MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,340
    DHL is clearly better in Germany, many February figures are already here, many customers also say, that the service is better than UPS...

  5. #5
    Court Magician Fakerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    With IP, i used to wait anywhere btw 6-8 weeks. Now with DHL, i get my figures before or a day or two after Matty sale day. I'm not sure about customs fees in other countries, but in Aus i don't pay whether it's IP or DHL. You have to call Matty to change your shipping option. The number should be on the same page as the My Subscription option. If your just changing your address or payment info then you can do that thru My Subscription.

    As for Castle Grayskull, i'd assume you'd have to call Matty as well

    Same story for me too. I used to wait 6-8 weeks using the IP option. My January & February subs have only taken 4 days to get to Australia using DHL.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    448
    You'd still have to pay customs charges. DHL mugged me off bigtime in the past.

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior atlas0413's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    272
    DHL is the best thing that has happened to MOTUC. It is cheap and I get my figures here in Australia in only a few days. Int. post is just rediculous and takes 4-6 weeks to get to me in Australia

  8. #8
    Powerful Wizard Arvulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the Timeless Dimension
    Posts
    1,387
    The only problem with DHL is the custom fees... for international, is rare... for DHL, you get it each time.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    $186 to ship CG!!!!

    Where did you get this information?

    If this is true, I am most definitely cancelling my order.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Ok, saw it on Matty.

    UNBELIEVABLE!!!

    I've made a thread over at the official forums and have emailed CS telling them to change my shipping method.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior atlas0413's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    $186 to ship CG!!!!

    Where did you get this information?

    If this is true, I am most definitely cancelling my order.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Ok, saw it on Matty.

    UNBELIEVABLE!!!

    I've made a thread over at the official forums and have emailed CS telling them to change my shipping method.
    Go with DHL, it only costs $114 to ship international. If you call or email DR they should be able to change the shipping method just like the subs.

  11. #11
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,592
    DHL is awesome for international fans. Instead of having to wait for 4-6 weeks, my orders now arrive within 1-2 days after receiving the shipping notice.
    Awesome sticker included!

  12. #12
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    DHL is awesome for international fans. Instead of having to wait for 4-6 weeks, my orders now arrive within 1-2 days after receiving the shipping notice.
    Yes, but they arrive with a very hefty customs notice attached, don't they? If I used DHL, my total costs to buy these figures would effectively double (over here they charge a fixed customs handling fee of around $20 per package, plus +21% VAT, apart from DHL rates being about double those of normal shipping). DHL is economically reasonable only for those who buy in bulk (such as resellers with 10 or 20 or 50 subs).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  13. #13
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Yes, but they arrive with a very hefty customs notice attached, don't they? If I used DHL, my total costs to buy these figures would effectively double (over here they charge a fixed customs handling fee of around $20 per package, plus +21% VAT, apart from DHL rates being about double those of normal shipping). DHL is economically reasonable only for those who buy in bulk (such as resellers with 10 or 20 or 50 subs).
    Well of course I can't speak for other countries but here in Germany the customs duty is the same and there is no additional handling fee. Of course the total amount I pay is slightly higher because the shipping costs are higher and the customs duty is based on the total amount I pay (figure+shipping) but other than that no additional fees. And what's also great is that I pay the customs duty directly to the postman now and don't have to drive to the customs office and wait for ages to collect my parcels.

    I've contacted Matty CS today by email and asked them to change the shipping method for Castle grayskull to DHL. I hope this is possible
    Awesome sticker included!

  14. #14
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    here in Germany the customs duty is the same and there is no additional handling fee.
    Then Germans can count themselves extremely lucky for their inexistent customs handling fees. Imagine getting shafted with an extra $20 charge for every package (big or small) received from the U.S. through any form of tracked mail (and sometimes even when choosing the untracked option, since DR/Mail on the Move have sometimes chosen to send me some packages through tracked mail—which therefore arrived with an expensive customs notice attached—even though I had selected the cheap untracked option).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  15. #15
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,592
    That's crazy! How do they justify a fee like that?
    Awesome sticker included!

  16. #16
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    That's crazy! How do they justify a fee like that?
    Because they act as a broker in filling out an official import tax document (Documento Único Administrativo [D.U.A.] de Importación, or Unified Administrative Document for Importation, as it's called) on behalf of the addressee, so they charge a $20 fee per package for that "service".
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior CanadaClassics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Orleans ON Canada
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    I made a chart to compare prices of the 2 shipping methods:

    Figures IP DHL
    1 $13.75 $28.95
    2 $21.70 $33.55
    3 $30.15 $38.15
    4 $38.25 $42.70
    6 $60.25 $54.35
    10 $96.15 $65.55
    CG $186.10 $92.60


    As you can see DHL is actually cheaper when ordering 6 figures or more! Same goes for Castle Grayskull

    Now to my questions:

    1.How much faster is DHL compared to IP?

    2.Someone wrote that they didnt have to pay customs fee with DHL is this right?

    3.How do I change shipping method via the "My subscription" page? Cant find this option anywhere
    DHL for one firgure is $24.20...not $28.
    2015
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !


    MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

  18. #18
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,408
    The Good : You Get Your Figures In About 8 Days !

    The Bad : Guaranteed Custom Fees Hit !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

    MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior lee-ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82
    I Pre-Ordered CG in Nov 2012 and Shipping & Handling was $94.30 to the UK. I can't remember what shipping method this was. Anyone know? I've not received any other email amending shipping cost like i read someone els had had.

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior DJ Force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    The only problem with DHL is the custom fees... for international, is rare... for DHL, you get it each time.
    This is not true. I had to pay custom fees and taxes for almost each shipment I received last year with USPS international. If it was rare for you, be thankful!
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

  21. #21
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    This is not true. I had to pay custom fees and taxes for almost each shipment I received last year with USPS international.
    The same applies to me in the Netherlands for USPS Int. in first half and I think I had to pay for every shipments when Matty moved to "Mail on the Move" in the second part of 2012.

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,061
    Likewise for the UK. Almost all packages end up with charges. My minimum order is two figures, and even those packages attract a fee most times.

    But curiously, some of the rubbish ones like Swiftwind and Star Sisters slipped through. I maintain it's because Customs saw what was in the boxes and didn't charge for those out of sympathy.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •