Thread: Tutorial on How to Fix MOTUC Rio Blast Problems

Widget

Tutorial on How to Fix MOTUC Rio Blast Problems

Hi everyone. I figured I would make a new post about this, but if it needs to be merged with some all encompassing Rio Blast thread, just let me know. I just wanted to show everyone that I have a new tutorial video that shows you how to fix the new Masters of the Universe Classics Rio Blast figure. The tutorial shows you how to fix him so his chest flap closes all the way, his gun backpack sits correctly on his shoulders (so the visor covers Rio Blast's eyes) and his leg chaps sit a bit closer to his thighs. I've seen a couple of people just put holes in the armor of the Rio Blast figure to get it to close right, but this goes beyond that and addresses the other issues as well. I hope this helps. If you know someone having problems with their MOTUC Rio Blast figure, give 'em the link to the video. Thanks for watching.

The link to the video: http://youtu.be/f2BGLb3rjQg

Here are some "after" pics showing you what Rio Blast looks like completely fixed.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for doing this.

Wow....if only someone at Mattel who cares about how the final product looks could have done this during the design process .
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Heroic Warrior
    Well they didn't wayne -klops but at least fellow fans like John here can show us how it's done

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Wow....if only someone at Mattel who cares about how the final product looks could have done this during the design process .

#whypaysomeonetodo
    #awesomejobs
    #whensomeoneelsecanpickuptheslack
    #free
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; September 23, 2014 at 10:35pm.
    Made it through Cyber Monday with everything I wanted, well, almost.

Thanks, man! Very simple modifications and you've made it nice 'n clear. I didn't realize that the only thing the flap needed was a hole! I thought it had to be heated and reformed or something. Drives me CRAZY! One simple little cavity in the chest and it could have been fixed. I seriously wish I could get behind the scenes and find out what series of events lead to making such a simple mistake. They've had these basic toy functions hammered out for YEARS now; what the heck happened?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: The legs gun thing is brilliant! Didn't even think that you didn't need the whole peg. One more reason why I should have a dang dremel. There are so many modifications I've made over the years that were done with dangerous digging with a hobby knife. A dremel could have solved a lot of problems (and stopped my major finger-stabbing some odd amount of years back).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm not a fan of the hole in the chest. I may actually (read never, as I'm lazy) try doing the opposite and filing off the pegs off the chest and leg flaps themselves and maybe imbed some small magnets in them and the red guns.

I'm very glad to see fixes like this, but toys should not require you to repair them before they are playable. I had the same conversation with MiniMate fans.

It is really sad that Mattel continues to make these mistakes after all these years. As I do not feel comfortable customizing my figures (for fear of destroying them) I need to find someone I can commission to do this for me.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Thanks for the video but some of the credit should go to He-Bro. That Chest Flap Mod was his idea. He posted it days ago in the other Rio thread.

While your modifications are nice, the hole in the chest is not necessary if one does what you did to the chaps to the chest flap. Rather than put a hole in the chest, why not file the gun peg down?
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

Heroic Warrior
    #rueben
    #doesntcare
    #gladheisgone
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    I'm not a fan of the hole in the chest. I may actually (read never, as I'm lazy) try doing the opposite and filing off the pegs off the chest and leg flaps themselves and maybe imbed some small magnets in them and the red guns.
    Word. Magnets have been used with much success in the past 10 years and the prices have really dropped.

Widget
    Magnets would work great. I was trying to keep it as simple as possible so anyone with even zero customizing experience could do it, but embedding magnets sounds like a great solution.