Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SH Figuarts Discussion

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

SH Figuarts Discussion

You know, this board is really lacking in the Sentai/Kamen Rider department, and I'm going to fix that. Let's talk about SH Figuarts. Don't know what those are? They are multiple posseable figures of Japanese heroes from various series like Sentai, Kamen Rider, and they even have Dragonball ones. Most of them come with a variety of accessories from different hands to weaponry they used in their series. Here are some pics from my collection (I'll post more when there are some responses, as I have a lot):

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Those are cool pics, I really like the Sentai ones they are coming out with. Also once you get into these its pretty sad that MOTUC is almost the same price but these are so much better in terms of quality, value and accessories and even price wise that is after importing them.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

To be honest, this year has not been kind to MOTUC, at least for my opinions. Back in Dec I was talking about how MOTUC is the best toyline there is despite some of the issues it has. But with all of the constant delays, QC issues, and lackluster characters this year, my love for the line slightly dwindled and as each figure came out, I opened it, posed it, and put it on my shelf and that would be it for months. I mean, I finally just recently actually dedicated some time to Demo-Man, Sorceress, Slushhead, and Kobra Khan. However, I bought my first Figuarts in June (Kamen Rider Black) and I just cannot stop adding them to my collection (well, right now I have, finances will be depleted at the end of Sept and with no job outlook looking good, I won't have any money to pay for anything come Oct, even rent).

They are more posseable than MOTUC, have more accessories, and while some have been pricey (they are imports after all), they are well worth the price. I mean, look at the picture of Kamen Rider Knight in his Final vent attack. I have never seen any toy come with the pieces needed to do a set piece like that. SH Figuarts has stolen my love from MOTUC and the only thing that really holds these guys back from being better is because there are some really fragile pieces (like Shadow Moon's antennae and spurs) on them.

Actually, I'm thinking about doing some more crossover pics between Figuarts and MOTUC.

Oh, here are some more pics:

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

They look pretty good, but I have noo love for the properties. I REALLY liked the One Piece figures but they are too expensive for the size. I can't pull the trigger. wish they were MOTUC sized. if they were under $20 I'd be more willing to get a few, at least the main Straw Hat crew. (Luffy, Zorro, Usop, nami and sanji)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    They look pretty good, but I have noo love for the properties. I REALLY liked the One Piece figures but they are too expensive for the size. I can't pull the trigger. wish they were MOTUC sized. if they were under $20 I'd be more willing to get a few, at least the main Straw Hat crew. (Luffy, Zorro, Usop, nami and sanji)
    I've got One Piece too:

The ones I have are about $10ish a piece depending where you go. However, everything in Japan costs a lot of money, so tha argument isn't really valid, but whatever. Hell, we are paying $30+ for MOTUC next year once you include shipping, so they are going to be the same price.

Anyway, I am thinking about the Figuarts Zero line, but I just do not have the money right now because I would love to get the New World figures. Although, for some reason they are absent from the pictures, I have a couple Nico Robins (my favorite character followed by Franky) and the mermaid girl with the starfish from New World.

Yeah price on these is really not something we can control due to A)value of the yen and B)importing/shipping fees

I can wholesale a majority of them buying in bulk but even then I am just breaking even at $40-50 a figure so its not worth it.

Like Dr Kain said though everything is expensive in Japan, two Sentai figures got imported to Toys R Us for $34 which is a decent price but they do not sell great because in the US people only want to pay $10-15 for an action figure so I doubt we get anymore

Since I only like the Sentai ones those are the only ones I will carry in my store, but even then its limited because since I can't offer any great savings its just easier to buy them off eBay or from other JP stores (CS Toys, Hobby Link Japan, Yes Asia, etc)

My draw to them is how accurate they are, I mean they really do get great details in there (like with the Gokaiger figures and the chairs/accessories). The Kamen Rider ones are really well done, I am just not a fan of the property much so I have no interest in them.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I've got One Piece too:

http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Room/PICT0060.JPG
    http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Room/PICT0067.JPG

The ones I have are about $10ish a piece depending where you go. However, everything in Japan costs a lot of money, so tha argument isn't really valid, but whatever. Hell, we are paying $30+ for MOTUC next year once you include shipping, so they are going to be the same price.

Anyway, I am thinking about the Figuarts Zero line, but I just do not have the money right now because I would love to get the New World figures. Although, for some reason they are absent from the pictures, I have a couple Nico Robins (my favorite character followed by Franky) and the mermaid girl with the starfish from New World.
    those are non poseable though right? I saw a few 'statues' from them in one piece about 13cm under $20 many sellers offering free shipping, I might get the main crew if I can.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

These figures are definitely fun. It's hard to find a pose they CAN'T do. The cost, however, sucks. I only own a couple of these, and would own them all if it wasn't $40+ per figure. I'm definitely gonna' have to shell out the money for a set of Zyurangers when they are released.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Last edited by Dr Kain; August 24, 2012 at 07:47pm.

So it looks like Bluefin is going to be unveiling a TyrannoRanger (red MMPR) Figuarts at NYCC this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So it looks like Bluefin is going to be unveiling a TyrannoRanger (red MMPR) Figuarts at NYCC this weekend.
    They already did on Facebook

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Sweet photos! I loves me some SH Figuarts. I first started collecting them after we got into Gokaiger earlier this year, then splurged on more after getting into Kamen Rider Fourze.

398442_10150622696642372_2096987712_n.jpg

And now with potential Zyuranger figures... Well. I won't be able to help myself.

I agree that the price isn't cheap, but for all you get with each figure it's worth it to me. I've never seen anything quite like them.

Oh lord my poor wallet

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Oh...... my......... god.........
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Fear is faith in failure

GREEN RANGER SOOOOOOOLD! I'm in!

Funny thing is that I have NONE of these figures yet - not from any of the shows. I want to try one, but I haven't had an easy time running into them! I mean yeah, I could just order one online...but i'd really like to run into some at a convention sometime. Just gotta pick the right one. I know nothing of Kamen Rider, but I love the designs purely as toys, so I'd like to choose one, but there are so many!

The Red and Green Rangers, though...yeah, I'ma hunt those down. I'll get 'em online. Totally in for those!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Movie mayhem!
    They had a booth at NYCC with TONS of these figures displayed. They were SOOO beautiful. I had no interest in collecting stuff like this till NYCC and now I'm salivating for it. I feel like the are about as perfect as you can get.

Heroic Warrior
    Perfect Pokemon
    Perfect Dragonball
    Perfect MegaMan
    Perfect MMPR so far
    Perfect Godzilla
    Perfect Saint Seiya (if not they fix them!)

Seriously, this is how you treat a license.

Now they inquire about Super mario Bros and Darkstalkers? Please do, throw in Nintendo and Street Fighter while you're at it!

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Now they inquire about Super mario Bros and Darkstalkers? Please do, throw in Nintendo and Street Fighter while you're at it!
    Yes to Darkstalkers, please, with a bonus Marionette. Street Fighter would be awesome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    GREEN RANGER SOOOOOOOLD! I'm in!

Funny thing is that I have NONE of these figures yet - not from any of the shows. I want to try one, but I haven't had an easy time running into them! I mean yeah, I could just order one online...but i'd really like to run into some at a convention sometime. Just gotta pick the right one. I know nothing of Kamen Rider, but I love the designs purely as toys, so I'd like to choose one, but there are so many!

The Red and Green Rangers, though...yeah, I'ma hunt those down. I'll get 'em online. Totally in for those!
    If you want to see them up close head to Toys R Us. Most have the Red Ranger and Gold Ranger from Samurai available. TRU basically got the JP figures and had Bandai slap American labels over the JP language

That will show you what they look like in person, then you can get a majority of them online from eBay for older ones and at most import stores for newer ones.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If you want to see them up close head to Toys R Us. Most have the Red Ranger and Gold Ranger from Samurai available. TRU basically got the JP figures and had Bandai slap American labels over the JP language

That will show you what they look like in person, then you can get a majority of them online from eBay for older ones and at most import stores for newer ones.
    Ah-HA! I saw those! Didn't know they were the same thing. Bah, I was thinking of getting that Gold Ranger too...I think they're all gone now, last time I checked.

Ah well, no matter; I sorta want something different for my first one. Any of you Kamen Rider fans have a particular favorite from this series? I usually go for whoever has the coolest sword and some red on 'em.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Today's reveals...

the rest of the Kamen Rider Ryuki crew

Kamen Rider Blade

Dragon Ranger

Biollante

More Kamen Rider bikes

So uh... who wants to buy my MOTUC/Transformers/GI Joe collections from me?

I'm going to go broke next year. Thank the gods I have a new job.

Anyway, so yeah, sorry Mattel, no Castle Grayskull for me. I'm going to be saving up for these guys.

- - - Updated - - -

My trade arrived today:

Last edited by Dr Kain; October 25, 2012 at 08:17pm.

I'm not into Kamen rider etc but this is COOL!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=230&itemid=19525

Fear is faith in failure