Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zargon's MOTUC Create-A-Character Rejects

Zargon's MOTUC Create-A-Character Rejects

So far I have submitted 20+ character ideas to the contest. Most were made up this year and some were from my youth (characters that I either drew or built). I decided to start this thread to show some of the ideas that I had that either had copyright issues, tooling challenges, or just lacked the oomph needed to win. I plan to add original drawings (from my youth when I find them), pictures of built figures (again, when I find them), and bios. But to start I will submit my character designs created through Heromachine.

First up - my namesake - {copyright issue}

Zargon – Evil Wizard setting traps for Heroes

Just before He-Man and She-Ra left Eternia to travel to the Tri-Solar System to end the oppression of the Horde Empire, the pair destroyed Count Marzo’s amulet and with it his power. Vowing vengeance on the heroes he began studying the dark arts in earnest living in solitude in the mountains of the Dark Hemisphere. Changing his name to Zargon, he became an all-powerful wizard bent on punishing heroes. Allying himself with the orcs, goblins, and other such creatures with the intention of using them as his armies, Zargon built himself an ever-changing labyrinth with which he would capture heroes and pit them against his minions. Since most of the heroes of Eternia left with He-Man and She-Ra, Zargon’s first victim was his old “adversary,” Mekanek.

Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

How do you know these were rejected?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I think he means he never submitted them. Zargon looks nice! Also, shouldn't this be in the Fan art section?
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Ooh, fun! More, more, more!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    How do you know these were rejected?
    Personally rejected. Not my own idea, from game HeroQuest.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I think he means he never submitted them. Zargon looks nice! Also, shouldn't this be in the Fan art section?
    Correct. Thanks. If it can be moved there, then probably a good idea (my mistake).
    Last edited by Zargon; December 6, 2011 at 05:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I remember when I worked on the art for the HeroMachine 2.5 ... it's nice you actually gave credit using it as I've seen so many people not at all credit it. I like the character too!
    Last edited by vertigoink; December 6, 2011 at 06:02pm. Reason: Clarification

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Here's mine!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; December 6, 2011 at 06:11pm.

Heroic Warrior
    This is insanely full of win and I love your sketchy style!

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Personally rejected. Not my own idea, from game HeroQuest.
    I totally love that game !!! But wasn't the evil wizard called Morcar ?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    This is insanely full of win and I love your sketchy style!
    Thanks!

He's based on a character from this game here -

(which I also created BTW...)

Heroic Warrior
    Ohhh you worked on Kokopolo? I thought it was just a coincidence, really quirky game I liked the style.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Thanks!

He's based on a character from this game here -

(which I also created BTW...)

Thanks!

Football {lacked oomph, also pretty corny, and we don't need another MAA variant}

Originally created using Man-at-Arms and a silver gumball machine football helmet and a blue hors d'oeuvres sword

Football – Crime Fighting Alter-ego of Man-at-Arms Real Name: Duncan

Fantasized with Queen Marlena’s stories of Earth sports and superhero vigilantes, Duncan came up with an amalgam of the two to become Eternia’s first Sportshero. Based off of her descriptions of the Earth sports teams’ uniforms, Duncan designed his football armor and mace. Deciding to only wear the uniform at night so that no one would recognize him, Duncan felt the exhilaration of his youth return for just a short while….

Until reality slapped him in the face and reminded him that he is Man-at-Arms and that he doesn’t have time for such foolishness, but he still keeps the uniform (just in case)….

Last edited by Zargon; December 9, 2011 at 09:37am.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I remember when I worked on the art for the HeroMachine 2.5 ... it's nice you actually gave credit using it as I've seen so many people not at all credit it. I like the character too!
    You helped design it? Awesome, I love it!

Destroyer {lacking oomph, also seems more like a amped up Trap Jaw}

Originally made with Trap Jaw base & gun attachment, Yellow Beast Man armor & arm band, Beast Man whip, Tongo (Blackstar) mace, mini- vehicle Voltron helicopter "blades", Razorclaw (transformers) gun & sword.

Original

Heromachine version

Three more drawings of characters using some of my favorite characters as bases....

Knock Out {lacked oomph, basically cyborg Fisto} - Trap Jaw, Fisto, black Zodac armor, large car with saddle for vehicle.

Karate Chop {lacked oomph, basically cyborg Jitsu} - Trap Jaw, Jitsu, black Zodac armor

Tri-Stop {made to be ultimate weapon, but seems more absurd than threatening} - Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw, Fisto, Jitsu, Spikor, Skeletor, Terror-Claw Skeletor

Once again Duncan decided that he needed a secret identity, this time he used Webstor's backpack and Tex Hex's Skull Walker (Bravestarr) to become Buffalo Bill...

When attempting to create him in HeroMachine at least two other actual entries emerged.

Last edited by Zargon; December 29, 2011 at 05:29pm.

Army Gear - {lacked oomph, doesn't really feel MOTU} - made from Trap Jaw, rubber tire from toy car (to hold on broken Skeletor arm / serve as ammo stash), plastic turtle shell as helmet, machine gun from John "Hannibal" Smith of the A-Team. Originally, his main thing was cursing (in my youth, I ignorantly assumed all military men [especially Drill Sergeants] swore all the time), but the for MOTUC he would have came with Marlena, hitting his head in the crash, leading to him getting lost in the jungle, eventually becoming a crazy hermit wandering around Eternia attacking everything & anything while spouting jibberish....

Drawing based on created toy

HeroMachine version

Dragon Fyre - {lacked oomph, but almost submitted her} Some elements of her ended up in other entries. Started off as nude fire elemental type of character. Wanted to use translucent parts. One version was named Char-Broad and had all black (think burnt) skin with transluscent fire hair; the other version was Flam'-Babe and was the opposite - translucent red skin with semi-translucent black smoke hair. The result of clothing her and combining the 2 was Dragon Fyre. Armor was to be magically imbued with dragon fire to give her fire elemental powers.

Big Wheel - {was really close to submitting, but just didn't work out} Originally was a way to use a Skeletor with his arm broken off. Stuck a red, half inch straw-like piece of plastic in his arm and popped on an old Tonka truck wheel, added Fisto's armor and viola, Big Wheel is born.
    With the heromachine version I decided to go with the idea that he is a failed, mindless clone of Skeletor made into a slave/attack dog.

Original drawing based on created toy.

Heromachine

Beast King - {lacked oomph} used old Sy-Klone missing his sticker, lion head from broken Razorclaw from Transformers, 2 He-Man shields for him to throw ala Captain America, 5 keys from Voltron, and a hard plastic lion. Drawing based off of custom toy.

Not really a reject, more like an after thought...

Many moons ago my brother originally created him by taking a Terror claw Skeletor head and placing it on a Hordak body. He then painted the entire head grey and painted all the Horde symbols green. Dubbing him Greyskull, leader of the Evil Horde.

I created my version in HeroMachine and am currently planning my custom. I designed the bio to fit into MOTUC continuity (including the trick to remember how to spell Grayskull) and created his real name by combining elements of my brother's name and King Grayskull's real name.

Last edited by Zargon; July 6, 2012 at 02:23pm.

Big Wheel & Football bios

Designed to represent my son and myself in MOTU. Have plans to make these characters using some broken 200X He-Man figures as bases. Each would come with an alternate older head. Mighty Quinn would have a removeable helmet, not four heads.

Py-Thor & Ro-Bat

Currently working on creating the bios for theses two....