• Four legs, unique

109 71.24%
  • Forget it

1 0.65%

Thread: The Mantenna Compromise

Hybrid View

The Mantenna Compromise

The Mantenna Compromise

Mantenna has four legs. Who knew, right? Judging from Jean's poll, most folks think he's pretty essential to the line. However, like most of the Horde, he'd have to have a unique sculpt. Since that's pretty dang unlikely, we'll have to get creative to see how he can re-use parts.

The poll options are as follows:

He should have two legs: Just retcon his other pair of gams out of existence. ToyGuru waves his hand and performs his Jedi Mind Trick..."Mantenna only ever had two legs!"

He should have four legs in a method that can be shared: They could probably make a new hips/crotch piece with four leg joints. I don't know how the engineering would work, but if they made it, they could re-use it with Modulok, Multi-Bot, and maybe even Sagitar.

He should have four legs in a unique manner: A unique tool that cannot be recycled for another figure to get the most accurate representation of Mantenna.

Forget him: You can't see how they could possibly make a four-legged figure look good, and you'd prefer that they didn't even try. Rather than compromise on his appearance, you'd rather that they just not make him.

There's no reason as of right now, Mantenna couldn't be a possibility as a unique sculpt. That being said, there's no need for a completely new sculpt, in the Vintage, he is similar in size to most of the rest of the figures, and the basic body and arms could be reused with some new parts. And the Vintage figure is likely to be the base of the Classics, like all others have been, so as much as many want the 200X version, we will get a Vintage version with a few possible cues from 200X. The legs and the groin area are the only things that need to be re worked to work for him to come.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I feel some what like shadowfall1976 had said, and yeah if the groin was a new sculpt it could be possible for a few other character's that are also essential for the line as well as the manotuar! Ok realistically the head, groin, and legs would be new, the arms could be buffed up and a then they could be a re-used sculpt as well as the torso!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Now that we are getting Mosquitor, he is my most wanted figure. I would be disappointed if he did not get a proper figure with 4 individual legs. I would be more disappointed if we never got him, so I would be willing to compromise if that was the only way to get him made. Mantenna RULES!!!

no compromise! no surrender! we will have Mantenna! (in all his glory)

No Way! You make Mantenna two legged and I will not be buying it and I am sure it would also cost them a lot of subs.

4; shared. He needs to happen soon!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    From the Matty Motuc Forum written by Catra's Wrath:

"Toy Guru commented on this exact question a while ago. Those conversations haven't happened yet, but at the time he said that he would likely have the 'four legs' since 'they'd be a unique sculpt anyway'.

Perhaps there could be some limb sharing with Modulok (since he uses multiple legs also) who knows!"

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Four unique legs. Mattel shouldn't go cheap on him like they did in the 80's (4 legs fused together) but I think it should be as vintage as possible. C'mon people, this is the Classics line, is it not? Heck, they did a great job with Snake Face. (Vintage and staction-like, imo)
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Oh, the legs/face issue! For a moment, I thought it was over whatever he should come with a bath towel and bathing cap.

yeah, based on the original toy, I'd be happy to have him with only two. But frankly I expect 4 legs, unique. It's expected. I dont know how they'll make it look good, but whatever.

When/if(im sure) it get made, I'll see 4 legs one way or another.