Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $40 haircut?

Quote Originally Posted by FLAduranie View Post
    The salon I work at men's cuts start at 30.00 and go up to 125.00. We have men that pay both prices and everything inbetween. I say anything under 30.00 is cut at your own risk. I for one would never charge under 40.00 and up for my cuts. My time and expertise are worth it.
    WOW!!! really? honestly I don't trust anyone else to cut my hair, I don't care what they charge, I don't trust that they can do a better job than my current barber, unless it's the one that moved on to be a cop. not saying people can't but once I find a guy that can do the job, I don't like to stray.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    The salon I work at men's cuts start at 30.00 and go up to 125.00. We have men that pay both prices and everything inbetween. I say anything under 30.00 is cut at your own risk. I for one would never charge under 40.00 and up for my cuts. My time and expertise are worth it.
    In my experience, having been both a salon employee at one time and a salon customer, a man should never pay more than $45.00 for a haircut. Men typically keep shorter styles, have their hair cut more often, and often have their hair cut with clippers. In fact, a man who gets his hair cut with clippers should not pay more than $25.00, and a man who gets his hair cut with sheers should not pay much more than $35.00. As someone who has had everything from a $15.00 men's clipper cut to a $150.00 men's scissor cut, I can say that while there is a noticeable difference between a $25.00 men's clipper cut and a $35.00 men's scissor cut, there is not much of a difference between a $35.00 men's scissor cut and a $150.00 men's scissor cut. Unless the stylist is a celebrity like Jonathan Antin, Tabatha Coffey, or Paul Mitchell, it is simply a waste of money, especially considering how soon it will need to be cut again.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    In my experience, having been both a salon employee at one time and a salon customer, a man should never pay more than $45.00 for a haircut. Men typically keep shorter styles, have their hair cut more often, and often have their hair cut with clippers. In fact, a man who gets his hair cut with clippers should not pay more than $25.00, and a man who gets his hair cut with sheers should not pay much more than $35.00. As someone who has had everything from a $15.00 men's clipper cut to a $150.00 men's scissor cut, I can say that while there is a noticeable difference between a $25.00 men's clipper cut and a $35.00 men's scissor cut, there is not much of a difference between a $35.00 men's scissor cut and a $150.00 men's scissor cut. Unless the stylist is a celebrity like Jonathan Antin, Tabatha Coffey, or Paul Mitchell, it is simply a waste of money, especially considering how soon it will need to be cut again.
    Depend on social class and demography. It would be alright if the store locate in a upper class district. For me a low mid or middle class family it's damn expensive.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I've been cutting my own hair for years as I've yet to find a stylist who can do it right. My hair grows in a circle and it's really easy to cut it crooked.

My husband on the other hand goes back and forth between a stylist who charges $40 +tip and a friend of ours who's a hairdresser and only charges him $20. Our friend has to pre-cut his hair because it's so thick the clippers will break (it's happened before) so I wouldn't dare trying to do it for him. His stylist Gillian is phenomenal! If he wants a proper style as opposed to a buzz cut, we go to her. She can work wonders with that johnny bravo luke perry esque thing he's got going on.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

90.00 for me and that includes color and cut and tip. But I'm a chick.

I dont think guys should pay more than 20.00, and even then I think its high. Unless guys are doing something strange or unusual.

I have a female friend who does it herself and she looks like she stepped out of the 70s with feathered hair n all. And she wasnt alive in the 70s

Sometimes you should just pay.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

$15 - 20 +tip. I get a cut atleast once a month (working with food, I tend to keep it short.)
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    We have no problems finding men to pay our prices. It's a free market and they can go to Supercuts if they don't want to pay. I work at a Paul Mitchell focus salon that is owned by a Paul Mitchell platform artist and master associate. He is also assistant to VP of education and travels the world training Paul Mitchell trainers. That being said we have a lot of knowledge at our salon and that's why people pay our fees. We don't cut with clippers as we are not a barber shop. We are trained professionals that pride ourselves using sheers only. PS...Paul Mitchell has been deceased since the late 80's.
    Dillon

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    We have no problems finding men to pay our prices. It's a free market and they can go to Supercuts if they don't want to pay. I work at a Paul Mitchell focus salon that is owned by a Paul Mitchell platform artist and master associate. He is also assistant to VP of education and travels the world training Paul Mitchell trainers. That being said we have a lot of knowledge at our salon and that's why people pay our fees. We don't cut with clippers as we are not a barber shop. We are trained professionals that pride ourselves using sheers only. PS...Paul Mitchell has been deceased since the late 80's.
    I am sure there is no shortage of people who are willing to spend almost any price for almost any thing. I never stated otherwise, only that they probably should not. I am also well-aware that Mr. Mitchell is deceased, it does not change that he is a celebrity stylist it would be worth paying a high price for a haircut, and for the purposes of the example, he certainly has more name recognition to the average person than say, Frédérick Fekkai.

$80 for a cut ($120 w/color) before tip, so a standard monthly (sometimes bi-weekly) haircut usually at $100. This is with a hair stylist at a salon however and not a barber shop, usually lasted 30-45 mins, involved a pre wash/condition with scalp and neck massage, beverage service, NEVER clippers, lots of texturing & attention to detai, and styling w/product. That was the standard for years until about a year and a half ago. Having to cut back financially led me to getting $22 clipper cuts at a barber shop once monthly. And yes, you can absolutely tell the difference in my hair. Was it pricey before? Sure. Worth it? I guess it depends who you ask...but I've never had a better haircut.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Do old timey barber shops even exist anymore? I mean "Floyd the barber" type places. I don't think I've seen one in my life in this region.

I pay around $25 not including the tip
    Do NOT Sell to DenmanDemons unless your figures are Dead Mint Condition

References:
    THEGODBEAST tylerm23 jjforbus fattysteve
    scare-flow WOO Legend Okro Rachael ckhtiger
    Luigispice granbeetle Machanikal Convoy
    Capt_Piett Stshammgod
    Robb Corvus Commmander

I cut my own hair this past week. Tired of dropping close to $20 every 2 weeks or so.

In general, my haircut is very simple. I take the clipper and trim all areas down to 3/8 of an inch and get rid of the sideburns.

I'm done paying outrageous prices for such a simple task that takes less than 10 minutes.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I have cut my own hair (along with a little help from my wife) for almost 4 years now. However, I do pay to get a birthday haircut every year
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I shave my head. Haven't spent a dime on a haircut in six years.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I shave my head. Haven't spent a dime on a haircut in six years.
    Starting in September I am going to do the opposite and stop cutting/ shaving and grow me a Duck Dynasty beard. lol.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Your all nuts. SuperCuts crew cut $8 + $2 tip. In and out in 7 min. Only if my mom can't do it.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Heroic Warrior
    The barber down the street charges $8 plus I always leave a $4 tip but I get my hair trimmed every week so that's still $48 a month.

I'm hair stylist, and my prices where I work are $22 for a haircut, $32 for a cut and blowdry and $18 for a clipper cut.

At the moment I don't want any crazy haircut or anything like I used to. I used to have a mid length hair so I like my current cut so in the future I will trim down like this one.

Which is around 2 dollars/8 Malaysian Ringgit.

What unfortunately I just recently discovered that the owner of the barbershop has passed away like 6 month ago so that's a bummer because he usually approach me and do the haircut for me.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I've decided to grow a NA He-Man hairstyle so won't be needing to pay for a haircut for a few years. I was paying $13 at Chinatown though for my cuts.

I use to pay about 30, until I just shave my own head and a friend (who use to be a barber) touches me up, but when I did this included...

Coming in and automatically put into the seat no matter if there was a line. This is because I would call early in the day and schedule, if I wasn't there before the shop opened (as it was up the block from my house) and wasn't his first customer.

My barber always use new blades for when he shaved my sides and back, believe me you'd be surprised how some skimp on that!

If I would need and emergency cut and came when they were closing or wanting to close, my barber would get me in and close the gate.

You take care of those who take care of you pretty simple and true. And ALWAYS you can decide on how you feel about giving an appropriate amount. Cause it does go a long way sometimes in someone remembering you and taking care of you in the future, especially when it's a continuing service.

P.S. during the holiday I usually gave 50 a keeping me looking presentable for the year!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

$40 for a haircut?! The most I ever had to pay was no more than $18 complete with shampoo service.

Heroic Warrior
    0€... image.jpg

I messed up the back and had to shave everything off. I look like I jumped out of a Kung Fu movie

Least it'll give me a break for a few weeks. This crap's growing way too fast.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."