Thread: Fans of One Piece

Fans of One Piece

why is season 2 fifth voyage dvd going for such a high price?? I'm seeing people charging up to $150 for it!!! used for no less than $55! WTH?? other ones are less but that volume is INSANE!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Don't know. You would be better off just buying their recently released collections that contain those episodes.

Hmmmmmmm, it sells for high? My box has been autographed by a few of the voice actors, I wonder...

HECK NO!!!! I am not getting rid of any of my OP DVDs.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Don't know. You would be better off just buying their recently released collections that contain those episodes.

Hmmmmmmm, it sells for high? My box has been autographed by a few of the voice actors, I wonder...

HECK NO!!!! I am not getting rid of any of my OP DVDs.
    what are the recent ones? I am on season 2 fourth voyage these sets it's the fifth voyage selling for strange money, but 6 and 7 are normal and sets below it are CHEAP!

is there another release? I love this series though. I'm almost done my fourth voyage and I will start jonesing soon
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

hmm so this is a new release over the ones I'm collecting? at the end of the day I guess it doesn't matter, but I liked how the voyage sets were done. Thank you sir!! (I started of this series with fan subbed bootlegs)

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    hmm so this is a new release over the ones I'm collecting? at the end of the day I guess it doesn't matter, but I liked how the voyage sets were done. Thank you sir!! (I started of this series with fan subbed bootlegs)
    Yeah. It kinda sucks if you have all of the previous volumes up to that point, but I think in this case, price overrides consistency.

Like you, I started the show with fansubs, well, sort of. The first episode I watched was 244 and it was raw. I found it interesting enough that I started watching the show fansubbed from that point on, but ended up stopping at like episode 304 and I'm not sure why. I'm just happy Funimation is finally close to where I was because Franky is my second favorite character (Robin is first). Also, the guy they got to do Franky's english voice is awesome. I've hung out with him the last two years at my local anime convention and the man is hysterical. He is coming back this year again (in 2 weeks!!!), so I am very anxious to talk to him again.

Yeah. It kinda sucks if you have all of the previous volumes up to that point, but I think in this case, price overrides consistency.

Like you, I started the show with fansubs, well, sort of. The first episode I watched was 244 and it was raw. I found it interesting enough that I started watching the show fansubbed from that point on, but ended up stopping at like episode 304 and I'm not sure why. I'm just happy Funimation is finally close to where I was because Franky is my second favorite character (Robin is first). Also, the guy they got to do Franky's english voice is awesome. I've hung out with him the last two years at my local anime convention and the man is hysterical. He is coming back this year again (in 2 weeks!!!), so I am very anxious to talk to him again.
    I'm not that far yet! lol, I don't mind overlapping if I can get the eps i need for a good price I'm golden. I'd rather pay $20 for this than $150 just to maintain a level of consistency. I gave up on the bootlegs because I found out how many episodes there were, I didn't want to spend that much money on fake stuff! then I heard of the funimation releases and it got me interested, the downside was anime dvds are so expensive, the upside was I got the ones I got for AMAZING prices. you see why I'm stalled at voyage 4!

Fear is faith in failure

So I spent last week and this week rewatching the series. I finished the Alabasta arc today and I love this show. I'm going to watch Skypiea in Nov since next week starts my horror movies/tv shows theme for Oct. Funny enough, the fights are my least favorite part of the show, which is weird. I mean, Dragonball was all about the fighting, but One Piece, I love for everything but the fights, especially its story and characters. Sure, there are some really great fight scenes (the Crocodile/Luffy fights are great), but in this day and age, it is hard to do something new in a fight in anime, and a lot of times, the fighting just drags on and on.

Anyway, here is my full One Piece collection at the moment:

Last edited by Dr Kain; September 28, 2012 at 12:12am.

wow. that's impressive, I finished my set of dvds, I have to get more! I'm in the middle of the alabasta arc, personally I love the fights, in one piece, but I really love the tense moments, when the characters show themselves at their best. That is part of the reason I like the fights so much, the down time is fun but no one respects Luffy, everyone is pretty into themselves (not really in a bad way though) but when it comes down to it, and they have to show their mettle, we see why everyone stays in their role basically and those parts really shine for me. even some spoiler stuff I have read makes me feel the same. like Usopp quitting the team and such.

Fear is faith in failure

I think it was the Ms Merry Christmas and Mr 4 vs Usopp and Chopper battle that made me realize I'm not big on the fights. That fight goes on forever.

As for spoilers, I pretty much know what happens throughout the entire series. I've read various chapters of the manga and I occassionally check out the latest episode on Funimation's website. In fact, I got into One Piece through the fansubs of the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc. I would have continued watching the fansubs, but then Funimation got the license away from 4Kids so I stopped.

I know some spoilers, I got so into the series that I wanted to read up on characters etc and since it's not a new show, those are full of spoilers, i found a store that sells the P.o.P toys for a much better price than i've seen them for, hopefully they won't sell them out and i can get them. they look great.

Fear is faith in failure

I'm getting two more figures tomorrow, but here are my recent updates to my One Piece Figuarts Zero collection:

awesome! I still haven't started my collection.

Fear is faith in failure

Just got these guys in today, and man, WhiteBeard is HUGE!!: