Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Of The Universe #5 Digital Comic Talkback - Evil Lyn *SPOILERS*

Masters Of The Universe #5 Digital Comic Talkback - Evil Lyn *SPOILERS*

It shows up on search!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the heads-up. Downloading it now.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Um... Wow! My favourite so far
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I thought it was ok. It didn't really feel very MOTU-like. I'd prefer it not be in black & white. It looks like Evil Lyn shops where the Sorceress does.

Really liked the story. Enjoying the mature angle of these comics.

Very strange to see a battle being shown on Eternian news on a bar TV, not sure about that, it's a bit too 'Earth' and somehow seems to trivialise the battle.

Art was hit and miss. I don't mind the black and white noir style but it was very sloppy in places and there's a panel towards the end where I can't even make out what it's supposed to be!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Wow. The best so far. I felt that it took MOTU to places the franchise hasn't been before. Well worth 69 p!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

It was different, I enjoyed it. I see what they were going for with the black and white thing, that was fun.
    Also, tricking someone into getting something for her? Textbook Evil-lyn shenanigans. She was always fooling people, Ram-Man, Eternian villagers, Widgets... Admittedly she never dived into bed with them (that we saw) but hey, who isn't going to fall for that?
    Totally. Worth. Being. Incinerated.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    That was a mix of harsh, noir, and Sin City story telling. I liked it. I think some fans are going to hate this because this is a real adult MOTU story. This was their boldest story yet.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Wow, that one was excellent!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

I liked the story. I liked the black and white. But I found some of the design choices very odd. I appreciate the noir styling, but did they have to go full on trenchcoats and stuff? It just didn't feel enough like a fantasy setting. It really was too earth-like. With a little more inventive design work here and there I think it would have been less distracting.

That being said... that part doesn't bother me too much. Overall I thought it was a really interesting little story. I liked the spotlight on Evil-Lynn (and she looked REALLY great in this!), and I think it defined her character well. I was a bit confused at the end. Was the guy on fire because he took the gem (a side effect that Evil Lynn wanted to avoid) or did she just set him on fire or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Design Lad View Post
    It was different, I enjoyed it. I see what they were going for with the black and white thing, that was fun.
    Also, tricking someone into getting something for her? Textbook Evil-lyn shenanigans. She was always fooling people, Ram-Man, Eternian villagers, Widgets... Admittedly she never dived into bed with them (that we saw) but hey, who isn't going to fall for that?
    Totally. Worth. Being. Incinerated.

I liked the story, but the Noir style doesn't feel MOTU...
    Still, worth the reading...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

That was one of the more interesting MOTU stories we've been given in quite some time... more stuff like this please! Keep these one-shots coming! I guess they're not entirely one-off stories though, there's a running theme with the Evil Warriors acquiring all of these artifacts that I'm guessing ties into the 6-issue series and the whole altering reality storyline. Who will we see next, I wonder?

I have to say I liked the issue well, I loved how they took black&white style and did something that no other MOTU story has so far. It is also the most "adult" oriented MOTU work ever to this day. Also worth noting that Evil-Lyn apparently has black hair in this version (no objections, although I guess it could have been illusion too), and I do like Skeletor's look especially here in black and white format.

As previous posters stated, it was not perfect. I did not especially like Eternia having concept of news channel and whole museum having magic items felt forced. They should have just gone to some old mystical fortress and do the same there. That being said, perhaps they can flesh it out further along the series so that things do not feel copy of earth so heavily. While Eternia has sci-fi tech, their ideals are more medieval. So instead of breaking story on the news with reporters there should be town crier on digital projection telling what has occurred.

One side note about the art, I wish they would have cleaned up the sketching pencil and dirt from the final version. I think it would have looked better.

Overall verdict: More things like this!
    Last edited by Invicta; September 1, 2012 at 12:05pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow, and I thought Randor's tale was good. We are seeing both good and bad reasons why MOTU shouldn't be handled by fans. I like the mature takes on these characters, places where fans might not have taken them.

• I almost had a glimmer of hope that Evil-Lyn was going to consider turning good, but that's why she's so good at what she does. The page at the end confirmed that this was all a job for her and that Nolan meant nothing.

• Corruption in the Royal Palace Guards!

• The television seemed out of place. He-Man doing battle with Skeletor and Evil-Lyn on the news? Ugh.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I liked it. I also like the adult maturity of the plot. But the black and white has got to go....very boring. It the story was nice. And it was nice to see Skeletor.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Cool story. Didn't really feel
    Very motu'ish though. The tv I didn't have a problem with. View screens have always been in motu in some fashion or the other. I see it as a good combination of magic and technology.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

It looked cheap to me. Black/white for MOTU? Why? I love the colorful surroundings, we normally get to see.....

BUT most importantly. That´s not Evil -Lyn, if you ask me. If she would have fallen in love with him, i wouldn´t mind seeing some intimacy, after all it´s not a children story but sleeping with him straight away? She is a magician she is able to control his mind and i get the "she wanted to play with him" ancle but again it totally cheapens her character in my opinion.

And the dark hair makes her look like anyone else. From the first time we saw her with out the helmet(FILMATIONS 2. Episode The Shapping Staff) she had those weird white/platin blonde hair we all got used to and accepted for her.

And i didn´t get the ending as well.

TV in Eternia!?

Jesus!

I'll get this (just because it's Evil-Lyn), but I hope she doesn't look like the Sleeping Beauty Witch.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    This was a fun read. I did not mind the noir touch as I'm a BIG Sin City fan. Some of the panels brought me back to that. I was SHOCKED by some of the content, but dont mind it a bit. It is kind of fun to see a more "adult" MOTU story. The new Evil Lyn design blows in my opinion, but I'm tickled that we are getting new MOTU stories at all. This has been a LONG time coming. I hope they put these out in print as a TPB some day!!

I really enjoyed this one. Very different from any motu story told. Adds a grittier side to eternia, and I like that.
    bnl4life

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    It looked cheap to me. Black/white for MOTU? Why? I love the colorful surroundings, we normally get to see.....

BUT most importantly. That´s not Evil -Lyn, if you ask me. If she would have fallen in love with him, i wouldn´t mind seeing some intimacy, after all it´s not a children story but sleeping with him straight away? She is a magician she is able to control his mind and i get the "she wanted to play with him" ancle but again it totally cheapens her character in my opinion.

And the dark hair makes her look like anyone else. From the first time we saw her with out the helmet(FILMATIONS 2. Episode The Shapping Staff) she had those weird white/platin blonde hair we all got used to and accepted for her.

And i didn´t get the ending as well.
    The ending showed that Evil-Lyn didn't have any feelings for him. That last pic was of the Mystic Mountains. Nolar wanted to reach the Mystic Mountains and starting all over with her as his girl.

This was a gritty noir-like crime story like Frank Miller's Sin City, an urban crime drama. We saw the same thing here...betrayal, sex (Evil-Lyn seduced Nolar and betrayed him) and corruption (dirty palace guards) in an urban setting, only with MOTU characters. How many villainous women in fiction slept with the protagonist to gain his trust and seduce him for some purpose? Evil-Lyn needed to seduce Nolar to use him to steal the gem. If he's under a spell, he might have been discovered.

What an anthology this will be!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I enjoyed the story quite a bit. I loved the black-and-white noir feel to the whole thing. The ending was a bit harsh and cliched, I didn't enjoy that bit, but overall it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    • I almost had a glimmer of hope that Evil-Lyn was going to consider turning good
    Yeah I was thinking this would be a story where she tries to get away, but as soon as she asked him to get some artifact I knew where it was going. What an evil hag.

I would gladly continue to buy these every couple of weeks for a long time - I say this as a non-comic book reader. These are like having mini-comics. I hope they continue with them - they pack a decent amount of story into a small amount of pages.

It was ok I suppose, defiantly the weakest so far though. And the black and white really didn't work IMO, it should have been full colour, it just look unfinished.
    If she needed someone without magic to get the stone then why couldn't she just use Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw, Merman, Beast Man or any other of Skeletors non magical warriors
    Oh and she killed him at the end right? Because I didn't think it was clear.
    Also, black, not white hair? Err ok if Teela can change her colour and I suppose Morgan can as well Has she had black hair in any other media?

So now Skeletor has the Eye of Chaos he can control space, any ideas where this is going?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

• The television seemed out of place. He-Man doing battle with Skeletor and Evil-Lyn on the news? Ugh.
    It did didn't it.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Walk down the right ally in eternos city and you'll find a strangely decent but still out of place rip off

It's been the best so far, though anything after randor van helsing vs vampire leech would be considered good. Like I said I enjoyed but the whole thing just seemed out of place. The design of
    Lyn still sucks hard, and the whole idea of her turning good for love just seems soo hooker with the heart of gold and out of place with the character

Yeah lyn has done things for love before but when it boils she is an evil nasty witch.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    By the Ancients, I am on a different wavelength than most of you as regards this series. I thought this issue was complete, unadulterated ****! The art was trash--seriously, is there no one at DC capable of working in proportions?--the concept old and uninspiring, and the idea that a powerful mystical artifact would just be laying around like that is asinine! Oh, and let us not forget that--once again--DC is spitting in the face of many longtime fans by ignoring one of the few nigh-universally accepted traits of the MOTU mythos: Evil-Lyn's hair being white under her helmet! Ugh!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook