• D-List

29 20.42%
  • Z-List

18 12.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rank Rio Blast's Importance

Rank Rio Blast's Importance

Next up is a card carrying member of the NRA, Rio Blast!

This is a multiple choice poll with 2 categories to vote in. The first category is whether or not you would buy a variant of this character. The second category is the overall importance you feel this character brings to the franchise.

Variant worthy?

Variant Worthy: This is a character that you believe is variant worthy. You're willing to purchase different variants of this character even if your favorite version is the first one released. Matty can certainly put them in MOTUC's quarterly variant slot for you.

Not Variant Worthy: You don't feel this character needs any variants whatsoever. You only hope that when they make this character that they get them right the first time around. You do not want to be taken for the ass.

Importance

A-List: Integral to the story and the franchise. MOTU isn't MOTU without them. This is a core character that is extremely important to you. If Mattel doesn't make them, someone will have some serious explaining to do!

B-List: They might not be integral to the story in your eyes but this is an excellent supportive character that helps to round out the story, franchise and your collection.

C-List: You feel this is a good guest star type of character. You don't expect to see them hanging around the supportive crew all the time but you still want to see them show up to lend a helping hand now and then.

D-List: Fills the role of background character and cameo maker for you. You acknowledge their existence but in a very limited way. This is an "okay" character.

Z-List: You'd rather forget about this character entirely. Should they never be mentioned again in MOTU-lore, you would be quite happy. This character would kill teh lien for you.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I voted D-List. I loved my Rio Blast figure (probably because he was a later release and thus was in nice condition), but he could very well not exist and the MOTU mythos wouldn't suffer for it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    C-List and not variant worthy...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I love rio blast, but see him as a b lister. I can't begin to fathom a variant for him unless rio waker texas ranger blast... Chuck norris head.

I vote for B. even though he is a must have for me, he was the last original character I purchased when I was a kid and I loved him. I am super excited to he how the horsemen are gonna update him. Variant? Maybe his variant should have a white hat, oh and be really tan, sans his mustache and maybe some new blasters, wait, wouldn't he look like another famous interstellar law man?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

D-List Variant Worthy

Because he's never been featured in any media beyond his own (silly) mini-comic, but has had two pretty different looks, both of which I like. Now while I doubt we'll ever see a separate variant, I'd like to see him handled like FISTO, with interchangable right hand/revolver and both Chuck Norris and Freddie Mercury heads.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I voted B-List.
    He was never developed further enough or had the chance to be so the fan base may not be there as it is with other characters.
    But I do like him and just want him cause he is BAD*** the human walking artillery!

NO RIO.... JUST RIOT!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    D-list.

Every time I hear Rio-Blast's name mentioned as a possible in Classics, I think about how much cooler a Bravestarr figure would be. He could be easily re-decoed into Tex Hex, and this would add awesomeness to the line's roster. Plus, the "Universe" part of the title would start to make more sense.

A Rio Blast headsculpt would be kinda cool. That's about it.

Rio Blast was a stand out being that he could surprise any one who did not already know him with a laser from high or low or all ay once! the onle variation he is worthy of is allowing him to get a 10gallon hat with a laser hidden inside as well but nothing more! He was a great addition to the masters, he looked normal and all of a sudden you mass fire power, he was to the masters as Snake Face is to the snake men!

D - List & no variants. I mean if Mekaneck and Ram Man have no need for variants, neither does he....not everyone needs or warrants one.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I feel he is a good guest star character.
    Rio was a favorite of mine as a kid & love the 200x figure too. I'm really looking forward to Rio in classics.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

B list, though he could easily be reporposed as an A lister in new media.

I almost voted variant worthy, because all of his accessory possibilities, but at the end, I though nah.

Snappy Threader
    C list, no variant....

B list all the way

Z list all the way. He belongs more in the NA world if any...or as a member of the Village People.

A lower-tiered C-Lister for me, no variants needed...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

C-List and Not Variant Worthy.

C-List in terms of importance as stated above (by Jean) but much needed in my Classics collection.

Z-list. This guy just doesn't seem to fit into the MOTU universe. What's a gunslinging cowboy doing on Eternia?

Rio Who?!

I voted D-List, but he could just as well be Z-list and I wouldn't care. He's probably the most unappealing heroic warrior in vintage collection. There are NA characters with better designs than him (Hydron, Flipshot). Rio is clearly at the bottom of the barrel in motu.

Rio-Blast was one of my favorite figures as a kid. He had so many different utilities that made him extra cool. I would say he is B-List but not variant worthy.

Heroic Warrior
    No variants, A - list. C'mon, the only figure I want more is a King Hsss Throne Girl with a selection of heads so we can army build that throne room!
    Seriously, though - the only cowboy MOTU character, from a decade in which every other toy line had one? I agree that others like Ram-Man need to be first, but Rio Blast just has to get a well-made, groaning-with-ordnance action figure - preferably with updated versions of the exact weapons he rocked back in the day!
    ..and maybe a black stetson...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Rio is the Chuck Norris of MOTU!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Z-list... No interest in that character

Z for sure, prefer if he never gets released.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."