Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles..... Lego!?!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles..... Lego!?!

According to Toyark (after a translation from Hoth Bricks) it looks like Lego are going to be releasing licensed sets based on TMNT as of January 2013.

I am a sucker for Lego. Every time I think I am over it something comes out that grabs my attention. This will certainly be the case if a Lego Technodrome set does become a reality.

TMNT is going to be huge again in 2013.

NOOOOOOOO More toys to buy! I'ma be on this, of course. I'm betting it'll be all the new stuff, but it would be cool if they could fit in some classic items like the Technodrome or something.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

OMG I am totally in for TMNT Lego

Massive kudos to the owners of TMNT, between comics and the excellent distribution of the action figures they have found a way to relaunch the property right!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I honestly just hope they make a Lego video game based on them. I have almost all of them except the Harry potter ones. I think they're a blast.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

What...what...what!!!!!????

YES!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    I honestly just hope they make a Lego video game based on them. I have almost all of them except the Harry potter ones. I think they're a blast.
    YES!!! That would be AWESOME!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I am SO in!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Wrestling Marvel from Mega Bloks, restarting their DC license, now TMNT.

On a side note, Best Lock got licenses for The Terminator and Stargate SG-1. I'm guessing that with Lego sticking to kid-friendly properties and openly stating they won't consider more "mature" stuff, Best Lock saw an opportunity to compete and grab some licenses that Lego won't go after. I can not wait for this set to come out in the US.

This is basically the opening stages of the T2 arcade game in toy form.

Last edited by diosoth; September 4, 2012 at 01:59pm.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    Wouldn't this be a given anyway. Lego+other popular licence =$$$$
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I would be more interested in a game than the sets, but heck yeah - I'd love to see it happen!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Wow. Lego Star Wars, Kree-O Transformers and soon to be Kree-O G.I.Joe and now Lego Ninja Turtles! Plus Lego LOTR, Harry Potter, Marvel and DC. Pretty soon Lego will rule the world!
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Wow. Lego Star Wars, Kree-O Transformers and soon to be Kree-O G.I.Joe and now Lego Ninja Turtles! Plus Lego LOTR, Harry Potter, Marvel and DC. Pretty soon Lego will rule the world!
    WHOA, partner where did Kre-O G.I. Joe get announced? I'MA EAT DAT. All up.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    WHOA, partner where did Kre-O G.I. Joe get announced? I'MA EAT DAT. All up.
    Oh, my mistake. It's a rumor but c'mon. I think the only thing that has been officially announced is Kre-O Star Trek. And I'm with you; I'd kill for a mini-fig of Snake Eyes or Destro.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Don't forget a Lego movie comes out in 2014. It’s titled Lego: The Piece of Resistance. Batman and Superman are in it, too (Lego versions). No joke. The storyline sounds insanely ridiculous, but in a good way.

Oh, my mistake. It's a rumor but c'mon. I think the only thing that has been officially announced is Kre-O Star Trek. And I'm with you; I'd kill for a mini-fig of Snake Eyes or Destro.
    Not only that, but honestly, the vehicle versions of the TF Kre-Os aren't bad! I would LOVE to build a HISS or some other cool stuff. Since all the Kreons for the TFs seem mostly based on the classic stuff, I'm hoping the Joes will follow suit.

TMNT Sewer Playset would ROCK.....or a TECHNODROME!!!!!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Heroic Warrior
    maybe they'll reuse the Death Star for the Technodrome.

http://starwars.lego.com/en-US/Produ...ult.aspx#10188

oh yes, these will be mine!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The TMNT Lego is going to be revealed at NYCC. Here is the promo released from Lego courtesy of www.fbtb.net;

There are a crapload of pics online now that its been revealed

Here are some of them

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I will most likely try to get the Turtles mini figs, possibly Shredder. But I say try because the way they tend to disperse the characters, staying true to form Leo will probably come with just about every play set, Ralph will come in every other one, and Mikey and/or Don will only come in the Sewer playset with the other having another release in another playset.

I wish LEGO would release minifigure sets of the licensed stuff. Several I would like to get many if not most characters but some of those figures can only be gotten in a 50-100 dollar playsets that most of the time I don't want (lack of space more than anything and disposable income, the Black Pearl would be awesome to own for example).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The minifigures look really great. Not sure why but I assumed they would be based on the vintage TMNT cartoon. Since they are based on that new one April is going to look awful. Not a fan of the teenage, Stewie Griffin version of April. I have not seen the new cartoon, who is the big brown wolf guy? Are Bebop and Rocksteady in it?
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I have not seen the new cartoon, who is the big brown wolf guy? Are Bebop and Rocksteady in it?
    The brown wolf is Dog Pound, he is a new henchman for Shredder. Bebop and Rocksteady have not been mentioned for the new show yet. So far we have Fish Face, Dogpound and a plant enemy on the Shredders side.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    The minifigures look really great. Not sure why but I assumed they would be based on the vintage TMNT cartoon. Since they are based on that new one April is going to look awful. Not a fan of the teenage, Stewie Griffin version of April. I have not seen the new cartoon, who is the big brown wolf guy? Are Bebop and Rocksteady in it?
    I would figure for April they would use the standard head, I was actually expecting them to do that for the Turltes themselves. April's head isn't a unique enough shape to (imo) warrant a new head just for the one figure. With the Turtles there are four figures, and there is the possibility to reuse the head elsewhere in the LEGO world.

LEGO is real big on reusing their parts, that's why as a build team they make such amazing stuff it's how they reuse parts that you wouldn't think would work there.

All four turtles and Splinter can be seen here

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/1...les-lego-sets/

being lazy and don't want to link each picture individually.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Not only that, but honestly, the vehicle versions of the TF Kre-Os aren't bad! I would LOVE to build a HISS or some other cool stuff. Since all the Kreons for the TFs seem mostly based on the classic stuff, I'm hoping the Joes will follow suit.
    Joes are all classic stuff, here's an advance of what is going to be displayed at NYCC

Attached Images Attached Images
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread