Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles..... Lego!?!

I need to see more. It is a good start but just not enough. It looks like the focus is on the the mini figures and the vehicles are just an aside.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    It's cool that they are making these, and I was expecting to be really excited about them, but after actually seeing them, my reaction is basically 'meh'. I was hoping/expecting them to look better than this.

Even though I never got them (and in hindsight wish that I had), the Mega Bloks TMNT figures/sets from a few years ago (based on the 2k3 show) just look A LOT better IMO...

.... and normally I feel that saying Mega Bloks are better than Legos is blasphemy.

I think a big part of it is the fact that the Mega Bloks versions actually had sculpted body parts as opposed to the standard Lego body with the details simply painted on. I know that's Lego's 'thing,' but there are times where exceptions should be made, and I think this is one of them. Even Mega Bloks' Shredder looks better with the sculpted body.... though I do like the bigger arm spikes on the Lego Shredder, and the head looks cool, too.

I might be tempted to get the new Lego versions if I could also find the older Mega Bloks sets for a reasonable price (but from some recent searches, they are going for quite a bit). Since the new Lego versions are more 'cartoony' looking, I could put them side by side with the Mega Bloks versions and have Lego Turtles Forever!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

That sounds really cool. I loved Turtles Forever. I forgot how cool the Mega Blok versions looked. Like you said, Dynamo, they are sculpted and that adds an extra coolness to the mini-figures. It's kinda like their signature though; you can tell a Meg Blok mini-fig from a Lego or Kreon or even a Minimate simply because of how they are sculpted. It was a great line and I, too am sorry I never picked them up. I loved these versions of the Turtles and of Shredder.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Some more sets have been revealed;

I think I will buy these instead of the 4inch figures as they have about the same articulation as the minifigs

I like what I'm seeing so far. Might have to get a few of these for the little one.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    I was wandering through lego.com and saw turtle legos.

I saw some sets at my local Toys R Us this weekend. But Lego's sure are expensive!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XelaStratos View Post
    I saw some sets at my local Toys R Us this weekend. But Lego's sure are expensive!
    They are - they're pretty much too expensive for me now. The only Avengers set I picked up was the Cap w/bike one - I can't justify the higher prices. These TMNT ones look great, but I expect I'll be passing on them.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    We have a ton of them at the TRU that I work at.....and it was super busy this weekend yet the display looks nearly untouched, suprisingly. Maybe it's the price but then again the Sewer Playset keeps selling out so I dunno. They look great though! I'm REALLY hoping this means a Lego Turtles game will be coming soon.........Lego Avengers game would rock as well!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'll be getting most of these as soon as they're released here. I really dig the mini figs in these sets and I don't usually get swayed by mini figs when it comes to buying Lego, but these are really cool.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar