Thread: WTFWTK 2.87 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.87 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by TheShadow.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Arvulis: In 2014, might we still expect to see some MYP/200X characters (like Prahvus or Calix), essential concepts (like Eldor or Horde Mummy) and Filmation (like Batros or Scorpia) or will the shift be completely vintage motu/vintage pop/vintage na?

2. The Fallen: Is the missing ball from King He-Man's crown an intential design choice or a broken prototype?

3. Jun-Yor: You pledged to get thru the remaining Vintage line, PoP mainstays and NA mainstays in 2014. How might you plan on achieving this in a 12-month period, given 3 dozen characters spring to mind? Would 2-packs be an option, even as early as 2013?

4. Loo-Kee: Kowl was a huge player in the Great Rebellion, almost in every episode, and one of my favorites as a kid. Would he (or Loo-Kee) come with a figure as was the case with Orko & Adam? Would he be articulated like Orko? I don't want these guys to be static.

5. Coptur: We know you don't like to discuss plans involving other companies but would Mattel ever consider having any Master of the Universe characters appear within Wizkids/Neca's Heroclix game?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Now that The Roadmap is gone, can you reveal some details of The Roadmap? For example, if Evilseed was slotted into The Roadmap, where would he have appeared?
    Last edited by Tundra_Torque; September 5, 2012 at 10:10am.

Now that 2014 will be mostly A & B listers (or so I presume), wouldn't it be logical to have just as many slots as 2012 (if not more) since those are the characters that will in fact actually sell?! I feel that the price increase is irrelevant when it comes to most wanted characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Now that 2014 will be mostly A & B listers (or so I presume), wouldn't it be logical to have just as many slots as 2012 (if not more) since those are the characters that will in fact actually sell?! I feel that the price increase is irrelevant when it comes to most wanted characters.
    Sorry, but I don't think it's a good thing to keep asking questions about 2014... Toyguru has made it extremely clear in the past rounds of Q&A's and WTFWTK, that they (the guys at Mattel/Matty) claim they don't know a thing about 2014. It sure seems they don't WANT to reveal a thing before SDCC 2013, anyway...

P.S. : what are the questions that were picked by TheShadow for the next WTFWTK ? They're not featured yet... Maybe he didn't choose them yet ?

Is there a way that we can find out which figures are 'Gone for Good'? I got into the line late & have been purchasing re-issues & CS stock when available but it would be helpful to know which figures are completely gone, & not to be re-issued.

Quote Originally Posted by blogjammer View Post
    Is there a way that we can find out which figures are 'Gone for Good'? I got into the line late & have been purchasing re-issues & CS stock when available but it would be helpful to know which figures are completely gone, & not to be re-issued.
    Anyone released after Man-E-Faces will not be re-issued

Megator
    Leech
    Hurricane Hordak
    Icarius / Flipshot
    Snout Spout
    Swiftwind
    Demo Man
    Battleground Evil Lyn
    Sorceress
    Starla w/Glory Bird STAR SISTERS
    Tallstar - STAR SISTERS
    Jewelstar -STAR SISTERS
    Fearless Photog
    Fisto
    Shadow Weaver
    Kobra Khan w/Fang
    Draego-Man
    Thunder Punch He-Man
    Stinkor
    Slushhead
    Griffin
    The Mighty Spector
    Temple of Darkness Sorceress
    Horde Prime
    Snake Man-At-Arms
    Vykron
    Spikor
    Sir Laser-Lot
    Mekaneck
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Snake Men Warriors
    Frosta
    Rattlor
    Cy-Chop
    Dekker
    Eternos Palace King Randor
    Castle Grayskullman
    Mosquitor
    Procrustus
    Granamyr
    Netossa
    Ram Man
    Jitsu
    King He-Man
    Fang Man
    Dittstoryer FIGHTING FOE MEN
    Sheild Maiden Sherrlyn FIGHTING FOE MEN
    Dawg-O-Tor FIGHTING FOE MEN
    Strobo
    Snake Face
    Geldor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by blogjammer View Post
    +1

Or in the phrase of a Questions...

The matty site has both the tags, 'Sold Out' and 'Gone for Good'. Can someone update the site with the correct tags so we know who is still possible and who will never see Matty's site again? I.e. Fisto should be listed as 'Gone for Good'

Edit: Actually it looks like they may have changed the site so 'sold out and Gone for Good' aren't on htere anymore :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Anyone released after Man-E-Faces will not be re-issued

Any of those will not get a second RUN.... but they still have warehouses full of CS stock waiting to come out for reissue sales and mad matty sales... That's what the question is about.

Between September 2009 and June 2010, we had a great run of female figures in monthly slots (Teela is September 2009, Adora in January 2010, Evil-Lyn in the April and She-Ra in June). This was an exciting time for a lot of fans! Without giving away names, is it possible we'll see a similar run of females in future monthly slots?

Is it possible to get a pair of Horde Prime hands in orange or blue for Cy-Chop in a future weapons pack? His hyper-anime-detail hands/weapons just don't do it for many fans.

I was just wondering how cy-chop got his name was it a play on the word cyclops like triclops was, or does the cy part stand for cyborg, or something else entirely - thank you