Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MOTU Classics Mekaneck Video Review by Pixel Dan

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I mean, the guy already spends 6 hours doing each review---that's MORE than enough IMO.
    Woah!

Regardless of whether or not Dan (or anyone else) does this, I still like Draego-Man's idea
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Snappy Threader
    Can't wait to get Mekaneck. I'm so excited to get him and Ram Man....

Mekanek looks great IMO. I don't get bothered by QC issues all that much though so the Helmet looks fine to me. What some people see and get bothered by I completely overlook especially if I don't know it there. I haven't had many real issues with my figures as it is. I do check when I see a frenzy going on. But Anyway yeah great review as always Dan!!! Can't wait to see DB Skeletor!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    No I'm serious, and your attempt to dismiss my legitimate request/concern is, as I've said many times on this thread already, quite disrespectful.
    I find your assertation that Dan should destroy his property doubly so.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3116587

He did the scratch test!!!!

But on the wrong figure.

This really sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    No one should tell you you're not entitled to your opinion and should respect it, but that being said--Dan does ALOT already to review these figures as a favor to us. He touches on the main qc issues, if there are any that could impact your enjoyment of a figure. Really, some of the issues people are bringing up that he needs to check into are kinda splitting the proverbial hairs. I mean, the guy already spends 6 hours doing each review---that's MORE than enough IMO. I mean, if PD did all the checks that people wanted him to apparently do, eventually he would be sending the figures on a rocketship to Mars to see if they pass the eyeball popping test
    Long live the red herring! Can't you make your argument without resorting to that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I find your assertation that Dan should destroy his property doubly so.
    A possession (not property, there is a difference) that was given to him for free for the sole purpose of review.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    If anyone gives me a figure for free to review, I will definitely destroy it. It's only fair.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Heroic Warrior
    If anyone posts an opinion on a message board that differs from my own, I will definitely go out of my way to belittle that individual. It's only fair.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Burn figures . . . BURNNNNNN!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor's paint scratched off immediately upon placing the sword in his hand. Also, the paint scratched of the sword handle.

I haven't been able to scratch any paint off of Mekaneck, but I've only been using my fingernail. So far, he's not losing any paint from general wear and tear.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Dragon Blaster Skeletor's paint scratched off immediately upon placing the sword in his hand. Also, the paint scratched of the sword handle.

I haven't been able to scratch any paint off of Mekaneck, but I've only been using my fingernail. So far, he's not losing any paint from general wear and tear.
    Thank you Dan!! I REALLY appreciate this news. Looks like Mekaneck is a safe purchase... DB Skeletor, not so much.
    Last edited by Draego-Man; September 10, 2012 at 12:19am.

Damn. I really like posing my toys. I hate to think the paint may wear off each time I use them.

Ah well.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Mecka is really cool...I love the posing you can do with his neck! lol...I can see some perverted photos up now of him peeping in on teela on like the top floor of the castle taking a bath...lol mark my works...they will come...lol

his goggles really do not bother me...they are not lined up with his eyes but I can get over that.

he is gonna be fun!! Gotta have two

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    How many people personally "scrape" their figures when they get them?
    Personally, I won't scrape the visible areas of the figure to verify whether or not they've used black plastic underneath.

Putting a cup of water in the microwave for 90 seconds and doing the "boil and pop" method in less than two minutes can quickly and easily answer any questions about the plastic.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."