Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Mekaneck Video Review by Pixel Dan

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    That's THE question!

As far as I am concerned they are like mirrored sun glasses:
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...s/52a9cf47.jpg

I think it's a clever idea, since He-Man got the standard heroic (or sometime evil like Tri-Klops or Jitsu) body, it can be so common and undistinguished, so leavin' only to him the gauntlet type wrist guard will make him pop between the other figures.
    Cool the guns. Mekaneck is just wearing the shades like that so he can look like Phil Lewis.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

I think this is the first MOTUC figure that doesn't look better than the vintage one. He just looks bigger. He looks soft, low-res almost.

Great review...great looking figure. Can't wait!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Great review Dan.
    He's one of those figures wich I didn't owned as a kid, and i'm really exited about getting him now. Hope that the helmet can be fixed, separating it from the actual head and repositioned properly.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    But I might swap the boots with those of a Tri-Klops figure. Not too fond of those silver leather straps...
    Well, Why not try Vykor's boots instead of Tri-klops ? The brown furry boots of Vykor will give you sorta "200X look" & I think it will look GREAT on him. Mind you, Tri-Klop has those old "loose" ankle joints & I bet you.... You'll see an "Ever Falling" Meckaneck as a result, especially with extended neck piecees !

As for me, I am fine the way he is ! I love his classic look, so I don’t mind silver boots at all ! All in all, I am sold with this guy. Getting 2 of him via SUB, now thinking of buying 1 more !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

master of hiphop
    for some reason it's not working for me.. all the other vids work but this one wont' play.. ARGGGG
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    For everyone asking about the black plastic/painted hands:

I posted these pictures int he Mekaneck discussion thread the day I got Mekaneck to address this issue:

I did not bring this up in the video, becuase I still can't tell. And I don't have any issues with paint scratching so far, and I'm not going to scratch the paint off purposely just to see if the plastic is black. So these pictures should hopefully give you an idea of what you're looking for.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Classic Mekaneck's nose and face is longer (and more realistically proportioned) than the original version's very short nose. Maybe the goggles not lining up is due to this and the idea that those are some pretty bog goggles?

I can't wait for Mekaneck. I'm usually a 200X boy (as you will see with Rattlor), but I liked the vintage Mekaneck better. However, after seeing Dan's review, now I can see why people like the green 200X goggles so much. The silver goggles along with the silver helmet almost makes the goggles look unpainted from the video.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    And I absolutely hate the silver goggles. How is he supposed to see out of that thing?
    To me, they are like aviator goggles or aviator glasses. I have aviator glasses that are mirrored ont he lenses, and I can see out of them fine.

Unless you're talking about them not lining up with his eyes. In that case, I have no idea how he can see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Dan, a couple of questions.

1. Is his helmet a separate piece like He-Man's hair piece we can remove and re-attach properly?

2. Does he have the tight Vikor ankles?
    The helmet seems to be a separate piece, but is glued on tight. So you'll have to loosen it in order to move it.

Yep, it's the newer ankles where the pin isn't showing, and they are nice and tight!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    for some reason it's not working for me.. all the other vids work but this one wont' play.. ARGGGG
    Weird. It's on my YouTube channel as well, if you want to try watching it there. Link is in my signature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Is a DB Skeletor review on the way, Dan?
    Yep!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    The goggles don't bug me quite as much on yours as they have in other pics. I think it's probably something I'll live with rather than trying to remove it and risk damaging it. I don't mind doing that with somethign I can buy a replacement for in the store, but I'm not going to risk it for something I'd have to repurchase on the secondary market.

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    To me, they are like aviator goggles or aviator glasses. I have aviator glasses that are mirrored ont he lenses, and I can see out of them fine.

Unless you're talking about them not lining up with his eyes. In that case, I have no idea how he can see.

- - - Updated - - -

The helmet seems to be a separate piece, but is glued on tight. So you'll have to loosen it in order to move it.

Yep, it's the newer ankles where the pin isn't showing, and they are nice and tight!

- - - Updated - - -

Weird. It's on my YouTube channel as well, if you want to try watching it there. Link is in my signature.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep!
    Thanks Dan..

It's working there.. very strange.
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

he looks great. I still remember buying the original mekanek when I was a kid. opened him up in the car and I thought his action feature was SOOOO cool. Mekanek has a special spot in my heart.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Woah... he's just like vintage Meck, only with a longer neck! I love how long those extensions are - he's such a bizarre character.

Going to paint his goggles green & fix his helmet (lower), then he'll be really spiffy!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Thanks for this awesome video, Dan!
    I so enjoy watching these as it brings back the excitement for this line after all the negativity (line getting discontinued etc) from the past couple of weeks. It feels like ages ago when the last video was posted :

As for the figure: Now THIS is what Classics is all about, what a great update of the vintage figure. I love it.
    I hope I can repair the helmet issue. Swapping Stinkor's forearms was my first attempt on costumising a figure and it turned out really well, as did my Horde Prime repaint with silver highlights, so I'm not scared to repair Mekaneck's helmet, too.
    Awesome sticker included!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    As far as I am concerned they are like mirrored sun glasses:
    http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k7...s/52a9cf47.jpg
    But that isn't the problem, the problem is the lenses are the same color as the goggles. It just looks like he has a lense cap on them. This figure is freaking boring and looks weird. They really should have painted the lenses a different shade of silver, if nothing else. And they should have given him armored arms instead of the boring normal arms. Just something to make him pop and stand out instead of just be bland.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Solid review as always! The figure looks great, I can't wait to see the longest neck!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Just something to make him pop and stand out instead of just be bland.
    He has a 5inch long neck....!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

But that isn't the problem, the problem is the lenses are the same color as the goggles. It just looks like he has a lense cap on them. This figure is freaking boring and looks weird. They really should have painted the lenses a different shade of silver, if nothing else. And they should have given him armored arms instead of the boring normal arms. Just something to make him pop and stand out instead of just be bland.
    how about reversed forarms, we've been told that that is good for a pop!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

To quote Teela reading Mekaneck's mind in The Ties That Bind: "Your wishing you had better powers."

Great review, but a pretty vanilla update on a core figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I wonder why they choose to go with the two short matching bracelets rather than stay true to the use of parts in the vintage line?
    The 4H seem to do that when ever they have a figure wearing the spandex type outfits & their hands show, makes it seem more like tight sleeves with an ending under the guantlet than an abrupt stop (with only paint) at the hands. It makes sense for characters whose basic skin is covered by one of the many colors of their outfits but their bare hands still show.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

That's good to hear. Fisto had tight ankles. Then thunder Punch He-Man had loose ankles. They went tight again with Snake Man at Arms and Spikor. So I was very curious how Mekaneck's ankles would turn out. TP He-man still kills me though.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    It stopped playing for me around the 5:30 mark last night, never could get it to reload or play, even though every other video on the 'net still worked. When it showed up on Youtube this morning I clicked there and it played fine.

Personally, I have no real problem with the helmet alignment; while it is admittedly a bit off-looking, I can certainly see - given his powers - that he probably could have a set-up under there similar to Tri-Klops.

Great review!
    Looks amazing!!! Cannot wait for this guy!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Classic Mekaneck's nose and face is longer (and more realistically proportioned) than the original version's very short nose.
    That is a really problematic comment right there and assumes most humans have "European-style" noses. Most people in the world actually have short flat noses, which is thought to be related to managing humidity, where as the elongated nose evolved from less humid conditions. To suggest that a fictional character from Eternia must meet with the characteristics of a really small part of the human population (i.e., people of European decent) is absurd, regardless of the color of Mekaneck's skin. He comes from a population that evolved on Eternia, with different conditions that would produce different traits. Sheesh.

Heroic Warrior
    For everyone asking about the black plastic/painted hands:

I posted these pictures int he Mekaneck discussion thread the day I got Mekaneck to address this issue:
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...0/PIC_7895.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...0/PIC_7897.jpg

I did not bring this up in the video, becuase I still can't tell. And I don't have any issues with paint scratching so far, and I'm not going to scratch the paint off purposely just to see if the plastic is black. So these pictures should hopefully give you an idea of what you're looking for.
    But Dan, with all due respect, you receive this figures for review, for free!!! you need to cut them if needed, try an unglue the helmet, etc, buy your own ones to keep mint!