Thread: Horde Trooper Staction

Horde Trooper Staction

Finally it's done. Here's a 3D printed version of my Horde Trooper staction. Hope you all like it. :-) Leave a comment.

Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    Looks great, but why no accessories?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Norvell View Post
    Looks great, but why no accessories?
    Because I didn't think he needed one. I was thinking of doing a clip on weapon like a shield with a blade on it, but the clip would have to be huge and the chance of it breaking would have been to great. Besides that, this guy is massive and I tried to keep the costs down.

I might be adding some stuff later on though through Shapeways.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Because I didn't think he needed one. I was thinking of doing a clip on weapon like a shield with a blade on it, but the clip would have to be huge and the chance of it breaking would have been to great. Besides that, this guy is massive and I tried to keep the costs down.

I might be adding some stuff later on though through Shapeways.
    How is the size compared with the MotuC Troopers? Maybe they can lend a weapon.

I guess that's possible, but his hands aren't sculpt to hold things. :-s

Have you ever considered doing a head and armor only set to put on the current Horde Troopers from classics?? That would sell like mad!! Especially if the head sinks into the armor piece properly.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Have you ever considered doing a head and armor only set to put on the current Horde Troopers from classics?? That would sell like mad!! Especially if the head sinks into the armor piece properly.
    yeah, or maybe aversion that has articulation in the classics style. love the details.

Just awesome man!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Not really. While it's a cool idea I stay away from doing classics add ons for a couple of reasons.
    -First, Classics doesn't really need me sculpting and producing stuff.. Mattel isn't done with it yet and on top of that there are a lot of customisers out there doing Classics heads and stuff. If and when I do Classics stuff I do it because someone commissions me to do it.

-Second, I have a certain quality standard I want to live up to. I can do the Stactions because I have access to the means to create these at the same quality as retail statues. I can't do that for plastic toys.

-Third, making a digital sculpt fit an existing body is hard. It can be done but it either requires a 3D scan to sculpt on or it takes a lot of trial and error.. Honestly both of those options are too costly.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman51880 View Post
    yeah, or maybe aversion that has articulation in the classics style. love the details.
    Articulation would be cool.. However I would have the same issues as I described above. I don't have access to a factory that can produce toy quality figures.. If I would do it with the means I have at my disposal it would result in cool looking (Expensive) figures with paint rubs around the joint parts.. Which will result in many unhappy people.

Besides, I am a staction fan. I display my characters and I don't feel the need to pose them. These are done to fill in the holes of my 200X collection and if I can help others who are also into that stuff in the process then I have achieved my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Just awesome man!
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. :-)

Heroic Warrior
    Love it! It came out phenomenal

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    That is amazing! I think it would fit right in with the other Horde stactions!
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Good job!!

but HT are not in my (wish) list of characters should deserve a staction treatment: moss man, shokoti, icer, count marzo, chief carnivus comes to my mind first and many more from the 200x series
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Love it! It came out phenomenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    That is amazing! I think it would fit right in with the other Horde stactions!
    Thanks guys :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    Good job!!

but HT are not in my (wish) list of characters should deserve a staction treatment: moss man, shokoti, icer, count marzo, chief carnivus comes to my mind first and many more from the 200x series
    Moss man will be next, right after Spikor. :-)

Looks perfect NEO. great addition
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Man, I love your work. I'm a 200X staction guy too. I would totally buy these if you decide to sell them. So, you've done Scareglow, this one ... any others? Again, I absolutely love your style.

Quote Originally Posted by air23cnhit View Post
    Looks perfect NEO. great addition
    Thanks. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Man, I love your work. I'm a 200X staction guy too. I would totally buy these if you decide to sell them. So, you've done Scareglow, this one ... any others? Again, I absolutely love your style.
    Glad to hear that G-Man, nice to know there's still 200x love out there. Yes, I have done Scareglow and next, right after the trooper is done, will be Spikor. After that Mossman and after that probably a MYP cartoon character. Not sure which one yet though, probably Callix or Prahvus. She-ra is on my list as well, just like many other characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Thanks. :-)

Glad to hear that G-Man, nice to know there's still 200x love out there. Yes, I have done Scareglow and next, right after the trooper is done, will be Spikor. After that Mossman and after that probably a MYP cartoon character. Not sure which one yet though, probably Callix or Prahvus. She-ra is on my list as well, just like many other characters.
    Can't wait to see all of them! The stactions are my favortie part of my 200X collection.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Can't wait to see all of them! The stactions are my favortie part of my 200X collection.
    Awesome. You can find my reel-3d page on Facebook to keep up to date on my staction projects if you like. :-)

Heroic Warrior
    will do, thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Very clean , great looking piece , most of the 3d stuff I see printed have the tiny grooves in them form the printer , do you just use a better printer , or pay more ? how do you get your so clean looking ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Very clean , great looking piece , most of the 3d stuff I see printed have the tiny grooves in them form the printer , do you just use a better printer , or pay more ? how do you get your so clean looking ?
    Well, I pay more and I use a professional facility. :-)

I have some additional pictures.

Last edited by Neo; January 30, 2015 at 09:33pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Really looking forward to getting this one.

This is just insanely awesome. I too am a staction fan and I greatly admire your work.