Thread: New Snake Man

New Snake Man

So I was working on my Slush Head, again, because though I swear I filled all possible gaps in his helmet and superglued it quite thoroughly it is still leaking the liquid. Sigh..
    I was having a hard time cleaning out the helmet for the second time now, to start fresh, deciding I'd just leave him empty when I realized "to heck with it, I'll crack that helmet open or ruin it and have a green buck for a snake man."

Well, I got it open with alot of work, and now I got an unhelmeted Slush Head head, which is cool, but the dome is not quite perfect (a few minor interior scratches) and since he is for sale cheaper via matty, and not so expensive second hand anyway, I'm going to just buy a new slush head.

So now I get a green Army Builder type nameless snakeman. Keen Gear! I've wanted at least one green one and was (stupidly) thinking of painting a buck when Slush Head is perfect!

Snake Man 1.jpgSnake Man II.jpgSnake Man III.jpg

After taking off all the requisite Slush Head armour and armbands, you are left with a pretty great buck for a green snake man as is. However I did not think his jet calf leggings were appropriate, and I had Spector legs left over. Taking off the jet leg part, and taking off just the lower portion of the Spector legs gives a pretty cool armoured shin while keeping the cool upper calf region intact.

Also I decided that slush head pants had to go, so I happened to have a Hordak loincloth which would work great with preternian snakemen, so there you go.

Then it was just a matter of painting my favourite snakeman 2 pack head to match. Give him yellow eyes (which is better for a snake not to mention green I think) and I forgot to mention that Hordak's neck peg and we are almost done.

I still have to paint the leg armour and maybe the loincloth. I'm waiting on Serpentine King Hsss.

I want to use the new snakeman sheild and mace colour variant that comes with Serpentine King Hsss to arm him. I'll use the weapons colour scheme to chose the clothing paint apps.

Though I cut off that snake men log from the unused 2 pack armour, I now do not think I want to glue it onto his waist like a buckle, nor make it part of an armband, or harness, like I was going to. I may in time, especially once I get the new snake men weapons from Hsss but for now I assume I'll want to show off the pretty unique green snakeman.

Cool! I had almost the same idea!
    I wish you all a Happy New Year!

How did you solve the problem of Slush Head not having a neck peg?

Quote Originally Posted by MEisterShake View Post
    How did you solve the problem of Slush Head not having a neck peg?
    He used Hordaks neck peg. It's the 6th paragraph down.

yeah, I am a bit wordy. I was able to separate hordaks torso at the neck just enough to pry it out, and the same with Slush Head's, without damaging either. Mileage may vary.

If anyone has the money for the slush heads on sale, or finds him cheap, and likes the snakemen, you should totally do this. Frankly even with the leg and loin armour from slushy, it's still very good. Sure, the paint is a bit more difficult (I used games workshop, 3 greens and some white before I was happy with the colour match) but if you do not paint the eyes as I did, easy paint job.