Thread: Webstor MotU Classics -Backpack modification

Webstor MotU Classics -Backpack modification

I recently purchased the Webstor classics figure. I knew what to expect with the string and grappling hook. Does anyone know of a modification that can be made to coil up the string so it doesn't get in the way?

Iíve been searching on youtube and havenít found anyone who's created something to do the trick.

I have an ipod cable adapter thatís spring loaded and coils for storage. I imagine doing something similar in smaller form and function.

My question is: Has anyone created something or found something already made that keeps the string out of the way but still keeps it accessible when wanted?

Maybe add a couple of pegs to the bottom of the backpack, like the old 12" Bobba Fett figure had. I've had mine hung from the ceiling since I got him so I've not had to worry about what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinearticle View Post
    I recently purchased the Webstor classics figure. I knew what to expect with the string and grappling hook. Does anyone know of a modification that can be made to coil up the string so it doesn't get in the way?
    I’ve been searching on youtube and haven’t found anyone who's created something to do the trick.
    I have an ipod cable adapter that’s spring loaded and coils for storage. I imagine doing something similar in smaller form and function.
    My question is: Has anyone created something or found something already made that keeps the string out of the way but still keeps it accessible when wanted?

^^^ I'm way WAAAAAY behind on a move, so I can't take pics for a few days or even maybe a week or two, but I simply wrap the string around the square backpack until just a lil bit is left, then I hook the side of the grappling hook on the side of the backpack. I have my loose MOTUC figures in boxes just on top of each other until my x2 nephews & I play w/ them (I know it's bad to not even have them bagged/wrapped), so I never clip the grappling hook in that narrow clip/holder for it in the middle of the backback; so it won't get warped. But just wrapping the string/hook around the backpack's base & then tucking 2 of the hooks on the side in between the now gathered/looped string & the backpack works 4 me. I prob just made a VERY simple fix into a complicated mess of words that make no sense & therefore offers no clear picture of what I mean. I will check back when I next have access to my loose Webstor & see if you have found a fix you like. If not, I'll add pics if you want!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    ^^^ I'm way WAAAAAY behind on a move, so I can't take pics for a few days or even maybe a week or two, but I simply wrap the string around the square backpack until just a lil bit is left, then I hook the side of the grappling hook on the side of the backpack. I have my loose MOTUC figures in boxes just on top of each other until my x2 nephews & I play w/ them (I know it's bad to not even have them bagged/wrapped), so I never clip the grappling hook in that narrow clip/holder for it in the middle of the backback; so it won't get warped. But just wrapping the string/hook around the backpack's base & then tucking 2 of the hooks on the side in between the now gathered/looped string & the backpack works 4 me. I prob just made a VERY simple fix into a complicated mess of words that make no sense & therefore offers no clear picture of what I mean. I will check back when I next have access to my loose Webstor & see if you have found a fix you like. If not, I'll add pics if you want!
    This is exactly what I do. Works out fine...
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12