Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the 4horsemans head sculpt strengths?

What are the 4horsemans head sculpt strengths?

Not sure if there is a thread on this since i'm new to the forums but I've really enjoyed how they have done the snakemen head sculpts thus far. What's everyone elses opinion?
    Last edited by King Criss79; September 8, 2012 at 11:32pm.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    The Horsemen can do no wrong. Now Mattel on the other hand..... All kidding aside I like the head sculpts. Heck, I like everything about this line. I hope it goes on forever.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    They're absolutely brilliant at whatever they do.
    However, I personally prefer a pinch more cartoony than hyper realistic, and think they do a great job at that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    However, I personally prefer a pinch more cartoony than hyper realistic, and think they do a great job at that.
    I agree 100% this is kind of where I was getting at with this thread.
    I know alot of people enjoyed Fistos head sculpt but I wish it was "more cartoony" just so the figures in the line as a whole would blend better.They give Clawful his goofy vintage face but then decide to give Spikor a more realistic face..

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I agree 100% this is kind of where I was getting at with this thread.
    I know alot of people enjoyed Fistos head sculpt but I wish it was "more cartoony" just so the figures in the line as a whole would blend better.They give Clawful his goofy vintage face but then decide to give Spikor a more realistic face..
    I think they blend perfectly. If you look at the vintage line, there were characters that were more realistic than others. He-man and Blade, both being humanoid look pretty different. Then if you compare Clamp Champ whom I think looks one of the most realistic, he looks waaay more realistic compared to King Hsss and Tunglashor. (these ofcourse are not really supposed to be humanoid but are more cartoony in nature though)

Clamp Champ and Blade both came out very late in the line. Maybe someone else was doing the head sculpts at that point. Whereas early in the line you look at Fisto and Jitsu and they looked goofier. Now I could be digging a bit too deep but its an interesting topic to me.

The weird toothy grins of the females need some improvement. That said, Evil-Lyn, Teela & catra are fantastic.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; September 9, 2012 at 06:28pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    I think most of them are excellent, particularly the make humaoid and monster head-sculpts.

I haven't been completely won over by the female head-sculpts to date. To a degree, they're all a little "same same" to me.

Marlena stands out. Jewelstar stands out. But I don't see a huge amount of variety amongst all the others and I'm not a fan of the partially open, lips parted and teeth showing sculpt that has been used on quite a few of the female characters. It strikes me as more of a Playboy cover model expression than a fierce Amazon warrior expression.

HD figures on youtube
    I think the females need a little work.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    I think the females need a little work.
    I agree 100%. females are not a strong point.
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 9, 2012 at 01:39am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    The head sculpt that has really blown me away just from images (so no telling yet how it'll hold up once it's in my hands) is Jitsu. Just an absolutely beautiful sculpt, with a lot of character in it. Hardened and weathered.

Another one that really impressed me, and most of you will laugh, is Spector. We can argue all day long about the character itself, the costume, etc., but the 4H really showed their strengths with that masked head. You actually get the impression of a real face underneath the mask, something very uncommon to me even in more "detailed" lines.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I enjoy seeing the more realistic look like what we seen with fisto. as for the pop characters I like the more animated look.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I would be more interested to know is how many different head sculptors have we had? Is for instance Teela and Frosta done by the same person? I do not know, but could be interesting.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta:3116205
    I would be more interested to know is how many different head sculptors have we had? Is for instance Teela and Frosta done by the same person? I do not know, but could be interesting.
    Every female was done by the same sculptor except for Frosta.

To me its honestly when factories and Mattel Design gets a hold of the sculpts is when it falls apart. Bad tooling in the factory, bad paint, NO paint, fewer accessories, the list goes on. The sculptors and painters make these subtle paint and sculpt choices that can't get replicated in mass-production.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I really enjoyed all the male human headsculpts so far. Young Man-At-Arms, Flipshot and Bow might be my favorites. All great updates on headsculpts I did not like that much on the vintage figures. Even Mekanecks new human face looks very nice even if the helmet is crooked.
    Last edited by hauke; September 9, 2012 at 09:59am.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

Agree with the women. But otherwise I'm happy.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I enjoy seeing the more realistic look like what we seen with fisto. as for the pop characters I like the more animated look.
    I couldn't agree more...

I think Teela's head sculpt is absolute perfection, and Evil-Lyn and Adora's are very nice, but to me, there's been something off about the face of every female since. I think Fisto may be their finest hour.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan182 View Post
    I think Teela's head sculpt is absolute perfection, and Evil-Lyn and Adora's are very nice, but to me, there's been something off about the face of every female since. I think Fisto may be their finest hour.
    What about Catra? That figure looks absolutely great

BTW, big, BIIIIIIG Radiohead fan here too

I forgot to take a big dumb over muppet Clawful, Leech & the other most cartoony looking heads. I hate those & skipped the figures.

Such a shame, because what they did with Tri-Klops (in comparison) was near-genius.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; September 9, 2012 at 06:44pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Master of New Adventures!
    This, this.

'Brilliant' is the only word for these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post

Heroic Warrior
    Some haeds are too thin and look off to me... a wider head on Fisto & Jitsu would look better imo

HD figures on youtube
    Some haeds are too thin and look off to me... a wider head on Fisto & Jitsu would look better imo
    That DOES look better.

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    That DOES look better.
    True, we have had a few odd proportions...

We agree on this. .Aside from the thinning heads I think those 2 heads looks too aged. Well they are 30 years older