Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Frosta Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Frosta Video Review by Pixel Dan

Trying to hammer out these videos today! Here's Frosta!

Enjoy! Additional questions, please ask and I'll do my best to follow up!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Great, thanks Dan! Keep up the great work!!

She looks awesome! The face sculpt looks great in the video. No more concerns here. I'm not even convinced her forearms are switched based on that video.

I do think the hair is too dark, but not that big of a deal. Not sure why they couldn't have used a lighter blue translucent plastic, basically like what they used for her shield.

Oh, and in the crotch area, it just looks like panties to me... no big deal either, so no need to scratch them.
    Last edited by Draego-Man; September 8, 2012 at 01:21pm.

Thanks Dan.

I honestly think Frosta looks fantastic and the face looks great on your figure. Can't wait to get her.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Thanks Dan.

I honestly think Frosta looks fantastic and the face looks great on your figure. Can't wait to get her.
    I think she looks great too!

Thanks Dan! Frosta is good enough for me. I think she looks very Filmation and if I get one with reversed forearms, it should be an easy fix. I really don't mind what they look like reversed, but I'll have to judge it in person should mine have that issue.

I still think, as I have since first reveal, that the hair sculpt looks sloppy and not what I would expect from artists the caliber of the 4H. I do, however, like the translucent plastic, that was a nice touch.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow, Dan...out of your sample, Fwoosh and ActionFigureInsider, facially that Frosta looks like the best one that I've seen yet.

I'm sure you can heat and pop the arms gloves and hands to their correct places, right?

I'm not sure why Mattel doesn't like brilliant white, but it's consistent with what we've gotten before. Old She-Ra, original Teela, Sorceress and even Zodak rock that light gray color on their costumes.

I'm a little dismayed about the back of her bodice not being painted. While it's not a big issue, it looks like something that Mattel should have painted. Cost cutting?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 8, 2012 at 01:28pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Nice review Dan
    Why didn't you mention her back being unpainted though?

I really like how Frosta looks with her accessories btw. Now I need to find myselk a nice "ice bridge" base for her to stand / skate on.
    Now I'm desparately waiting for your Dragon Blaster Skelly review!!!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Nice review Dan
    Why didn't you mention her back being unpainted though?

I really like how Frosta looks with her accessories btw. Now I need to find myselk a nice "ice bridge" base for her to stand / skate on.
    Now I'm desparately waiting for your Dragon Blaster Skelly review!!!
    Actually, it doesn't look unpainted to me. It looks like it's supposed to be all white like that. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks fine to me. *shrugs*

Thanks guys! Glad you're enjoying the video! I really do think the face looks great on mine! Just those cursed switched forearms! Argh!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Nice figure! Think the cartoon version is hotter though...
    Maybe Mattel are avoiding the white plastic because of the yellowing issue. As collectables rather than toys, they need to have a longer shelf life than your average toy figure... just a guess.
    Last edited by redsquadron; September 8, 2012 at 01:36pm.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Great review Dan - she looks awesome despite the errors
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Actually, it doesn't look unpainted to me. It looks like it's supposed to be all white like that. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks fine to me. *shrugs*
    It's a good sign that it doesn't look unfinished to you. So it might not be that noticable after all
    The 4HM's prototype's back was painted though. On the final product the blue now simply stops at her sides.
    At least it seems to be an elegant cost reducing method.

Thank you for that review and it´s true yours has the best face so far and on the video she looks okay slash good.

I´m with you on her hair color issue, she should have gotten the lighter blue. Since her vintage figure had a different shade of blue but still not as dark as the Classics version.

I find it odd that the back of her top isn´t colored, i would agree with you if at least the little stone in the middle of the lining would be blue or something but since it isn´t it looks unfinished to me.

I´m glad her hair doesn´t hinder the movement!

And you are totally right she is the FIRST female core Great Rebellion member and it has been a long wait! With all the complaining i did, i´m still glad she is coming soon

Great review, out of the 3 I've seen 2 have incorrect forearms, hopefully it's not the correct one that's the error.

I noticed you said she comes with 2 accessories but didn't Mattel change that to capes are now accessories with Netossa

J

She doesn't look too bad in this video.

I'm dubbing this "Everything But Happiness Frosta." This is one place where she's portrayed with dark blue hair.

Another great review. Somehow, Dan, your reviews always make me end up liking the figures more than on first inspection . The dark hair is the main thing that dissapoints me about the figure, but it doesn't appear as bad as I thought. Unfortunately it appears Frosta is going to be one of the few figures that was not a home run in the MOTUC line. But even non-home runs in MOTUC are still great! Still looking forward to her!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I'm not sure why Mattel doesn't like brilliant white, but it's consistent with what we've gotten before. Old She-Ra, original Teela, Sorceress and even Zodak rock that light gray color on their costumes.
    I personally like the "off-white". Pure white usually looks cheap to me on figures.

Plus, as you mentioned, it's consistent. At this point, I'd rather them keep consistency so my entire collection is similar. I'd hate to have 3 years of off-white figures, and then a couple with bright white figures.

And it's not just MOTUC, all of the white DCUC figures are slightly grey as well.

Know what I'm going to do? I'll drybrush her (off)white areas with some "metallic medium".
    It'll make the white shine/shimmer like ice!

Great review, she looks really nice...
    despite all the "outrage" I think she looks great!
    I agree about the tone of the hair, but other than that, I'm cool with how she turned out...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Check out the Toyguru September "Ask Matty" Q&A for a reason why some of the Frosta review samples aren't up to snuff.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm excited to have her!

Thanks for this review and THANK YOU for making the point that she IS the first female member of the Great Rebellion. At this point it's semantics, but we all know what you mean and why we think that!

What is the booty like though? She's the first female with that new upper thigh piece, which was changed to make sure she wasn't flat in the rear-end (she actually has butt cheeks).

I'm not loving the hair. The prototype paint on the hair was perfect. This translucent way diminishes the sculpt, and I really love how you could appreciate hair-sculpt when we saw the prototype.

The leg pegs being gray/white is a TERRIBLE Mattel-Design choice. It's like they said, "Well, THIS figure just looks too good - we can't have THAT!"

The wand is really cool. I am not sure why they didn't maintain the whistle feature... it was a simple thing accomplished by keeping the top portion of the wand open and hollow - so when you blew the pinwheel, the aire flowing over the top of the staff would cause a "whistle" sound.

But that's NOT a big deal at all.. it looks REALLY nice!!!
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 8, 2012 at 02:44pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The face paint app is incredible on Dan's Frosta figure! Very nice!
    ... and I am one of those who like the translucent hair

Pity about the white not being white.

I think her weapons rock! They look GREAT, IMO...some of the best to-date.

Her face does look the best in this review! I am hoping the one I get is atleast as equal to PD's!

I still think they should have added more buttons to the back of her bodice to make it look more like a corset. This way having it white in the back makes more sense. Otherwise, I think, it looks a bit off.

Her hair...really isnt a big deal to me. It looks about right where the dry brushing was done but will reserve that final judgement for when she is in-hand, and I cannot wait to have her in my collection!

Thanks for another review!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    She looks great in the video.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

She looks great!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The leg pegs being gray/white is a TERRIBLE Mattel-Design choice. It's like they said, "Well, THIS figure just looks too good - we can't have THAT!"
    I don't think that is a big deal at all, its not like you're going to be posing her with her crotch out... at least I hope not... but then again, this is Frosta we are talking about!