Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTU Classics Frosta Video Review by Pixel Dan

Snappy Threader
    Frosta looks great. I like her more and more the closer we get to her.

Heroic Warrior
    Frosta looks good in this video review.

While I still have a few issues, the only glaring/obvious issue appears to be the hair colour. It's just too dark for Frosta. Otherwise, quibbles aside, the figure does look pretty good. And it's finally a core female member of The Great Rebellion to add to MOTUC!

She looks rather lovely though I may have to finally say the heck with it and get some arctic white paint from Hobby Lobby. I dont think I can really handle Frosta with that "Mattel White" . BTW Pixel Dan, nice shirt!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Great Review PD! She looks GREAT!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Great review, she looks awesome.

I have one question: where did you get that epic t-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Great review, she looks awesome.

I have one question: where did you get that epic t-shirt?
    teefury

Most shirts there are only available for 24 hour periods.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

I'm bummed by Mattel blundering up the prototype (hair being too dark and the white crotch, but otherwise she's so amazing that I am REALLY looking forward to adding her to my collection!

And I'm with Dan that the back of the bodice looks like its supposed to be white.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    teefury

Most shirts there are only available for 24 hour periods.
    You can try riptapparel too.

So, I can't get one? BAH!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Ript Apparel is where I got it, but Tee Fury is another good site. You just have to check those sites every day, as they always have a new design only available for 24 hours.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Ript Apparel is where I got it, but Tee Fury is another good site. You just have to check those sites every day, as they always have a new design only available for 24 hours.
    Just checked it out... missed this one by a few day...

And this one by a few months...

Man, that is AWESOME!!!

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I'm certainly glad to be getting Frosta, but seeing this review was definitely disheartening. I kinda hoped that most of the issues brought up (the same ones that there have been concerns about for some time) would have been dealt with in the final product. Seeing this review alongside the Rattlor one really made it even worse. I'm not even a big Rattlor fan, but his figure is about as perfect as you can get. As a PoP fan, it's pretty soul crushing to have the figures you've been waiting years (or decades, more likely) for not be on par with all the other Classics.

I'm just hoping they get all the screw ups out of their system before they make Mermista.

Frosta was the GR member I wanted most so I'm a little disappointed she has a few issues, the main one IMO is the hair colour which I will definitely be have a go a repainting myself, it would have been better non-translucent like you say IMO.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm bummed by Mattel blundering up the prototype (hair being too dark and the white crotch, but otherwise she's so amazing that I am REALLY looking forward to adding her to my collection!

And I'm with Dan that the back of the bodice looks like its supposed to be white.

I don't even see how anyone could think that it's supposed to be white. I guess if you just look at the back and not the sides maybe. but the original prototype's bodice was painted all the way around, and it just makes sense. Not that it matters, I posted a question about it on MATTY and TG just answered that he was pretty sure that the paint job was final. I just don't get how it completely got missed and again, I certainly don't see how people think it's supposed to look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Just checked it out... missed this one by a few day...

http://uploads-riptapparel-com.s3.am...ger-detail.jpg

And this one by a few months...

http://uploads-riptapparel-com.s3.am...dor-detail.jpg
    Man, that is AWESOME!!!
    Try redbubble.com

No 24 hour restriction
    You're welcome

Anyway i love Frosta, like the dirty white, it suits someone who is fighting in a rebellion its not like they have time for laundry

Let's be clear here - the back of the figure is not supposed to be white.

It wasn't white on the show, or on the model sheets and the toy had a different bodice. This was, I can only assume, laziness on the part of Mattel. A cost-cutting measure or something equally insulting.

It really says to me, once and for all, that She-Ra fans should be happy to take what they can get, and shouldn't expect the same kind of care to be put into She-Ra figures as the He-Man ones.

Not to sound overdramatic here, but I'm honestly shocked that Mattel would try and pass off a partly-painted figure. The notion that a portion of the community apparently doesn't even seem to care suggests to me that this will become an acceptable practice from here on out.

Do I get a discount for buying a figure that isn't completely painted?

Anyhow, thanks for the review Pixel-Dan, I did enjoy it, and congrats on getting a figure with a nice face. I especially liked your shot of her with She-Ra and Bow. You posed them very nicely and the lighting is good too. Thanks for all the work you put into these reviews. Finally, after five (?) years, we have the beginnings of a Great Rebellion.

The white back doesn't bother me so much. Switched arms really do. At least it appears she's not made of black plastic so if I need to swap the arms, it will be pretty easy and clean.

Now I just need to figure out how to fix the hair. It appears that the white stops halfway down the length of the back of her hair so the question is, "Do I add white all the way down to blend it better?" or "Do I try to remove the white?"

Great review Dan.This is the last POP figure that was on my must-have list. If they make Angela and Glimmer, I will gladly add them to my collection too. I also would have preferred her to have light blue hair. As long as she arrives with tight ankles I'll be happy. If the forearms are backwards I'll just swap them out.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    Almost any figure from any toyline from any company has some sort of flaw that could be pointed out. To imply that it's only the female figures of one line from one toy company is totally unfair.

I could honestly look at any of the thousands of figures I own and point out some sort of "flaw".
    I'm not sure if you meant that for me, but I certainly didn't say or imply that only female figures have flaws. That said though, I've had to overlook flaws in a lot of the major female characters, and I don't consider Teela's bobble head or Sorceress's drums to be "flaws" just up to personal taste. Now that there's so much to notice about Frosta I'm getting dead to it and just expect something to be amiss with new figures--such that probably will enrage a lot of fans who haven't gotten as worn out as I have. I am still very grateful Shadow Weaver is such a good figure though.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Hey all - remember no active links to shopping sites outside the Marketplace, please.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Trap-JAWart View Post
    I don't even see how anyone could think that it's supposed to be white. I guess if you just look at the back and not the sides maybe. but the original prototype's bodice was painted all the way around, and it just makes sense. Not that it matters, I posted a question about it on MATTY and TG just answered that he was pretty sure that the paint job was final. I just don't get how it completely got missed and again, I certainly don't see how people think it's supposed to look like that.
    Just look at the decoration on the front, how the points go over her breasts and down her side, demarking the front from the back; sure, the back could have still been blue with a white stripe down the side, but I also think this looks like it's supposed to be the way it is, with the white stripes expanding over the whole back.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; September 11, 2012 at 02:57am.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.